Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White House Photographer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Nah, he doesn't use manual. I read an interview with him before where he said it was pointless. He mainly shoots aperture or shutter priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

Haven't finished watching this yet, but it might give people more insight into Souza's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Main setup looks like 5D(possibly mk2) and a 24-70L, and 580ex2 - all viewable from the first minute.

I only watched 2 minutes (attempting to study here) but, also viewable is a backup camera (looks more in the semi-pro 40/50d range), a 50 f/1.4 and something resembling a 10-22 range lens (@1.03)

If I was to take a guess at his general settings - aperture priority mode, between f4 - 5.6 mostly, and ISO between 100-800. After that, focus on the president.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse

The EXIF is there for all of them. Mostly around f/3.5 with a higher ISO (he uses a 5D ii). He has some lovely images on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Telchak wrote: »
    Seen this photo today of people in the White House during the bin Laden raid, think it may be one of the best photos I've ever seen. A real moment :D

White-House-Watches-Osama-1304439661.jpg

Got me interested in the chief White House photographer Pete Souza in any case, and came across this one hour documentary about him. Fascinating work, well worth the watch (the Morgan Freeman narration is also a plus) :D

You can watch it on the PBS website (:

If you look at the pixelated photo in front of Clinton and have seen the "other guys" I think you will find that this is not infact "The Moment", I reckon the pic in front of her is one of these...........

GRAPHIC PICS WARNING!
    http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound

I say STAGED!

EDIT:

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with with members of the national security team, receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011. Please note: a classified document seen in this photograph has been obscured. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/5680724572/meta/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

uprising2 wrote: »
    I think you will find that this is not infact "The Moment"

We've been through all this :rolleyes: There's a thread about the photo in the conspiracy theory thread if that's more to your liking, this was supposed to be about the photographer :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

uprising2 wrote: »
    I reckon the pic in front of her is one of these...........
    I ran my enhance plugin for photoshop on the pixelated section then fed that into my depixelator and it came up with just a menu for a chinese take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

theboat wrote: »

Haven't finished watching this yet, but it might give people more insight into Souza's work.

Was interested to see Pete Souza himself taking photographs with President Obama in Ireland today.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Zxc wrote: »
    Was interested to see Pete Souza himself taking photographs with President Obama in Ireland today.

Wearing his green tie! Fair play to him :) Watch for the pics of when the President spoke on the phone belonging to the girl in the crowd in College Green. Pete was right next to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

I was surprised to hear several others in the crowd point out Pete as the WH photographer today...can't wait to see his images.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

First one from the White House flickr page :D

5752656612_6d01dc00dd_z.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement