Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs -v- Rovers 15/04 19.35

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

1-0 Bohs :)
    Iago wrote: »
    The above poster has been banned from the forum, please stay on-topic from here on out.

I love you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

McCabe didnt last long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ahh fer fúck sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you can see Rovers are definitely the better team, but my fúck are Bohs defending with everything they have. such an impressive, dogged performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Boom. What a header

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Get. The. Fúck. In.

Ya dancer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Deadly finish (Header & Match)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Fantastic Bohs, absolutely superb performance. Every man gave his all and the rest. While disappointing to concede so late, even at 1-0 we were dead on our feet and I'd nearly have taken a draw!

Fantastic and fair play to Buttimer with the red card. If only it was followed by every other ref it would make it an easier game to take charge of.

Lol at Airfix..."thats why we're champions"... ye were muck. ;)

• Advertisement

bohsboy wrote: »
    Lol at Airfix..."thats why we're champions"... ye were muck. ;)

Getting a point away from home after being dominated for most of the game is a sign of champions.;)

baz2009 wrote: »
    Getting a point away from home after being dominated for most of the game is a sign of champions.;)

Ha ha..classic. Did you see the squad of players that "dominated" you?
    1 point from the last two games?

Yeah....champions. :D

bohsboy wrote: »
    Ha ha..classic. Did you see the squad of players that "dominated" you?
    1 point from the last two games?

Yeah....champions. :D

Good thing it's not just the last two games that counts then, hence top of the league :D

Dave! wrote: »
    Good thing it's not just the last two games that counts then, hence top of the league :D

True. But its crap form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

"Rovers will hammer Bohs!"

trollface.png

Great performance by everyone, will take that any day. Reckon both teams will be happy, we would of taken a draw going into the match, gutted to concede in the 93rd minute but thats football.

. Its a derby and strange things can happen, but not one Bohs player would make the Rovers squad, let alone first team. The sides on paper have never been as skewed in one direction.

You got to love it.......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

gutted we didnt take all 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Delighted to be gutted at only getting a point. We take a hell of a lot of positives out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

What's the story with the Rovers fans tonight? Not a peep out of them (apart from throwing flares onto the pitch) for 93 minutes? Thought they would have thrived in the shed with it's low roof like Sligo and cork have.

Gutted, absolutely gutted about the manner of the draw tonight, if Dixon had kicked that ball out of play it'd have been game over. Every single bohs player can hold their head up high tonight.

KOH - Keep On Hoofing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Don't think ONYD will be posting here for a while :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Leejo wrote: »
    Gutted, absolutely gutted about the manner of the draw tonight, if Dixon had kicked that ball out of play it'd have been game over. Every single bohs player can hold their head up high tonight.

Ah that would explain his extra disappointment at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So that's what a late equaliser in the Shed feels like....:pac:

Draw was a fair result as neither side looked like scoring, but Rovers were poor again, no real plan of attack..nice to see Mark Douglas getting involved as ever too..

Trilla wrote: »
    Ah that would explain his extra disappointment at the end.

Yeah, or even if he had of taken it with him for a bit rather than trying to play it early. But he will learn eventually. Really proud of the lads tonight, 4 amateurs on the pitch and they worked their socks off, as did the rest of the team. One of those amateurs (Bucko, goal scorer) couldn't warm down because he had to be in work for 10 tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Great craic had tonight in the Jodi. The better half was in stitches at the "Slut slut slut," chants.

dfx- wrote: »

So that's what a late equaliser in the Shed feels like....:pac:

Draw was a fair result as neither side looked like scoring, but Rovers were poor again, no real plan of attack..nice to see Mark Douglas getting involved as ever too..

McCabe should of just walked away, Douglas is a hot head. What did he do, just tell him to **** off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Great atmohsphere at the game tonight,

Some pics on my blog here http://fmcphotos.wordpress.com/2011/04/15/el-clasico-dublin-style/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Every Bohs player on the pitch did himself proud tonight. I (and most Bohs fans I would think) asked for nothing more than for everyone to give their all, and they delivered in that respect ten-fold. MOTM for me goes to Anto Flood, the man worked his bollox off, fighting for scraps, often with Oman trying to climb over his shoulder while he struggled with injury, one hundred and ten per cent right there.

We are ****ing Bohs.

Was rather unimpressed by Rovers, they were the better team, but looked very blunt in attack without Twigg.

bohsrovers.jpg

Edit: Our goalscorer tonight couldn't stop for interviews as he was in work at 10pm, Keith Buckley, take a bow.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

frantic190 wrote: »
    McCabe should of just walked away, Douglas is a hot head. What did he do, just tell him to **** off?

Called him a "stupid f*cking c*nt" according to one of the Rovers players I know.

There was an incident with Michael O'Neill that happened after that game that I feel should be highlighted here, Sickening behaviour from what I can only call a petty, hotheaded, bitter little man. I'll let you make up your mind about it http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16013.

I know the lad in question very well and he's very upset over the whole thing, but as with every other incident that happens with 'The Model Club' will be swept under the rug. Disgusting.

Can't wait to see ONYD defend this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Very sweet to get the equalizer because we were so ineffective/blunt at times. I love late equalizers. :)

Kinda worrying pattern emerging where we can't put away pedestrian but well drilled and highly committed sides. Sometimes under MON, our teams play like we still had the squad from a few years ago.

Stellar performance by Heary and Flood for Bohs. Finn is really starting to prove his worth with the goals. McCave is a dope but it happens.

Think it's a RTE hex at this stage too: put a game on telly when loads of neutrals will be watching and it will be a dog although at least this one was exciting.

Called him a "stupid f*cking c*nt" according to one of the Rovers players I know.

There was an incident with Michael O'Neill that happened after that game that I feel should be highlighted here, Sickening behaviour from what I can only call a petty, hotheaded, bitter little man. I'll let you make up your mind about it http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16013.

I know the lad in question very well and he's very upset over the whole thing, but as with every other incident that happens with 'The Model Club' will be swept under the rug. Disgusting.

Last night was the first time I was made aware of who James was. I thought it was a great show of supporter comradery when he was able to have the whole of the last 3 blocks or so of the Jodi in hysteria with his chanting. Michael O'Neill, you absolute thug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

What a complete brick. He probably had a lucozade bottle full of whiskey beside him on the bench to get him though the match. In a real league O'Neill would get a hefty ban but im sure it will be swept under the carpet :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

O'Neill sat in a packed Jodi last season with his Rovers tracksuit on.
    It was the TNS match and he was on a spying mission as Rovers were due to play Bohs next.

He was treated with complete respect.
    Nobody gave him any abuse.

My guess now is that he won't be back again.

Really poor behaviour from somebody who should be setting an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Big Dublin Derby... Ireland's Biggest sporting rivalry....

Attendance : 3,100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Mushy wrote: »
    And?

Just thought the game would get a much higher attendance.

The guy talking at 3:12 sums it up perfectly for me how much it means to beat Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just thought the game would get a much higher attendance.

On tv too. Maybe get higher out in Tallaght too (no disrespect Bohs fans).

The place only holds about 3,500

It was sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I must say: I enjoyed that.

Proper atmosphere at the ground, greasy football-food, standing,... :D
    Bohs were extremely good in defence, they cleared everything (apart from one ball...)
    Apart from the 'Just can't get enough' and seeing people in green-white hoops celebrate, then I get twitchy :pac:

Why isn't the stand on the other side used ?
    Didn't look unsafe or anything...

• Advertisement

ET attendance, they are **** at judging crowds. 1000 Rovers + 2500-2600 Bohs. What I was told: All tickets for the Jodi were shifted except for Block A (there are no restrictions where you sit/stand but tickets are still sorted like this). F+G were absolutely packed, I couldn't move in Block F, and E looked the same. Normally there are a few free seats in the middle of E because of the pole being in the way but they looked to have been taken.

Edit: Someone said on our MB that a few people were turned away because it was sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

We'd have had more if allowed. Its more to do with under developed aging stadiums then poor turn out imo. Bohs brought roughly 2100...poor but by no means terrible.

I assume there are huge bits missing from "statement". Kicking the ball was an accident...he then came out to apologise...and suddenly started abusing the family and fighting. I dont buy it, I'm afraid. Apologising to the father first too... should be shot.

Then the "incident" where a rovers jersey kissed his crest... oh ffs, scraping at the end of the barrel. Jason Byrne never ever did this, ever.

Short memories from some Bohs fans it seems. Just last season their squad including subs who had no part in the game and assisant manager attacked rovers during the warm down...then turned to the rovers fans and laughed.

On the game, we were poor. Not losing while being that poor in the final third is indeed the sign of champions. You may contest this, but just look at any other league around the world.

Happy with a point in Dalyer, as I always am, just wished we had broken the dryspell. We'll bounce back on tuesday.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Why isn't the stand on the other side used ?
    Didn't look unsafe or anything...

Connaught Street terrace is a condemned disaster waiting to happen.
    Not safe or fit for use by anyone.
    Potential serious incident.

Until recently the Gardai put Rovers and Linfield fans in there but that seems to have stopped thankfully and common sense applied.

Bohs don't even have the money to knock it down, never mind build a new one so it will probably stay an eyesore for another 20 years.

Fúck sake, ye make it sound like he went looking for the closest down syndrome child he could find, so that he could do some target practice :rolleyes: He probably kicked the ball in anger/frustration, and apologised afterwards when it was pointed out that he hurt the child.

"You've matched supposedly the best team in the country for long long periods of the game".

Bohemians manager Pat Fenlon and captain Owen Heary speak to Andy Donlan in the aftermath of the 1-1 draw against Shamrock. Pat outlines some of the positives from the match while Owen speaks in-depth about his 3 jobs within the club.

Camera by John Reilly

Ebbs wrote: »
    I assume there are huge bits missing from "statement". Kicking the ball was an accident...he then came out to apologise...and suddenly started abusing the family and fighting. I dont buy it, I'm afraid. Apologising to the father first too... should be shot.

Thats it lads, keep defending it.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1096460 skip forward to 1:50:40 and watch the ball at the side of the scoreboard. He kicks the ball, he acknowledges it hitting the young lad in question and walks away to the left as far away from him as possible. Any decent human being would have came straight over and apologised, whether the person it hit had down syndrome or not.

Not his father/family btw.

Put it like this, if you kicked a ball out of frustration, watched it hit a young lad with down syndrome, what would you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Terrible performance, fairly muck game overall, but you can't really beat a 94th min equaliser when you're down to 10 men so have to be pleased with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1096460

Here's the match on RTE player. Go to 1:50:40 and in the left side of the screen you will see this incident happen. O'Neill takes a casual swing at the ball with his left foot, kicking it towards the tunnel. It wasn't kicked "full forced" as alleged, and I find it hard to believe that a ball hit with such little force could "badly hurt" someone which is also alleged. You will also see O'Neill immediately raising his hand to apologise after realising he accidently hit someone with the ball. As usual the facts reveal a very different version than what some biased fool posts on an internet message board.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1096460 skip forward to 1:50:40 and watch the ball at the side of the scoreboard. He kicks the ball, he acknowledges it hitting the young lad in question and walks away to the left as far away from him as possible. Any decent human being would have came straight over and apologised, whether the person it hit had down syndrome or not.

You cannot be serious with the video. FFS, he could have been gesturing to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

If he is that good a shot he should of played up front for Rovers last night it was an accident get over it worse things have happened at Rovers V Bohs games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Not his father/family btw.

Put it like this, if you kicked a ball out of frustration, watched it hit a young lad with down syndrome, what would you do?
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1096460

Here's the match on RTE player. Go to 1:50:40 and in the left side of the screen you will see this incident happen. O'Neill takes a casual swing at the ball with his left foot, kicking it towards the tunnel. It wasn't kicked "full forced" as alleged, and I find it hard to believe that a ball hit with such little force could "badly hurt" someone which is also alleged. You will also see O'Neill immediately raising his hand to apologise after realising he accidently hit someone with the ball. As usual the facts reveal a very different version than what some biased fool posts on an internet message board.

Two completely different readings of the same incident. Lets see what the neutrals think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement