Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kylie Minogue - The O2 - March 2011

Options
  • 09-09-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

I know I know... no comments about the choice of artist pleeeeeease :rolleyes:!

Presale tickets for Kylie on sale at 9 tomorrow morning.
    If anyone has a presale code (notably 086 registered customers) that they dont need I would really appreciate it.

Hope you can help.. many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Still some decent tickets available on the presale through kylie.com.

http://www.seetickets.com/kylie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I would say that more dates will be announced. There is a 5 day gap at the moment between her last Dublin gig and her first Manchester gig so I reckon a Thursday and Friday gig will be announced for Dublin. Last time she played at the Point the amount of shows increased from 2 to 5.

Im going to wait until Monday to get my ticket and hopefully will get a ticket for a weekend gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Sam the Aerialman

I have been given two 2 tickets to see Kylie Minogue at the Dublin O2 on the 23 March at 19:30 and have very little interest but they may as well not go to waste. They cost me nothing so if interested PM me with name and address and i'll forward them in the post. First come first served.

Cheers Sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Sam the Aerialman

Just like that - Tickets gone to good home. No more PM's cheers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Very nice gesture. Hope it comes back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just like that - Tickets gone to good home. No more PM's cheers.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Very nice gesture. Hope it comes back to you.

+1 on that, ya sure don't see that a lot.

Nice one Sam, even if it was Kylie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Whoever is going tonight - enjoy!

Was there last night at o2 Dublin, I'm not her biggest fan but wasn't blown away by it. Maybe the fact I hadn't bought the Aphodite album tainted my opinion.
    I felt the gig in belfast few years back was alot better.

I know Aphrodite theme and all but was a step backwards from previous tour.

The last tour was so futuristic; clothes, stage (the entire floor was like an LCD screen!!!)

She remixed some of the songs and lost what made them good. eg iirc Cant get you out of my head was turned into a rock version like a bad cover band - was missing the beats!!!

I actually cringed with some of the faux Greco effects. I thought her sitting on an angel-like guy above the crowd was disappointing, give me a 20 foot diamond encrusted skull from the X tour anytime. For reference just look on YouTube folks for Like a Drug.

The column effect at the back of the stage was like a throwback to bad 80's architecture. Why couldn't it crash down later in the show to let the gig become more modern with screens / costumes etc.

The raised stage with her in the middle was good though!!

Kylie is loved for her iniatial bubble gum pop, later underlying beats and her forward looking fashion, not for wearing bedsheets like in a kids nativity play.

Another thing- more of a general comment about the o2, I gather it's wider than longer to maximise revenue from ticket sales. This means artists and the show has to appeal to virtually 3 different 90 degree angles at the same time!!

Sure who said KM was anything other than commercial anyway!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Slideshowbob wrote in the "spoiler" spot on what I think about yesterdays show (except for the fact, that I'd compare it to the Cologne, Germany show in 2005 as this was the one I attended).
    I enjoyed the evening, but I thought the first half was a little boring, most likely due to the setlist that consisted of slower tracks that all sounded very similar. Also she didn't perform any of the classics from her early career.
    The whole thing was more a show than a concert in my opinion, as it only sticked to the Aphrodite theme, rather than presenting a variety of her work over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 JB1988

what time was it over? im comin up to pick a couple of people after an just need to know what time to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Cgoodie

It was over at about 11.10 - 11.15.

I was there last night and have to say I came away feeling pretty disappointed and that I really didn't get the value for the tickets. €70 a pop for standing and I couldn't see half of the show with the stage set up and as a previous poster said the show didn't get going till the end when she eventually interacted with the crowd.

Don't think I'd be going to another concert of her's again:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

what time does she come on stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

She didnt come on stage until about 9PM :(

Here is a vid I shot of the concert. It was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

she cant belt it out like Tina Turner
    but she put on a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Was at the second gig last night. Didn't see the X tour so can't comment but saw her in 2005 on the Showgirl Tour when it was at the Point.

Cheesy girl band Ultra Girls came on at 8, then a DJ until almost 9.20 - unless there was some hitch backstage this was a big mistake on the promoters part as the crowd's attention started to drift once the 9p.m. mark was passed.

So when Kylie came on she had a somewhat uphill battle to get the crowd back on side. First couple of numbers were slow both in tempo and choreography. Show got going midway with "Spinning Around".

Different in style and tone to her previous tours but enjoyable nonetheless - lots of visual references to 60s and 70s sci-fi such as Barbarella (particularly where she flies over the crowd's head on the back of a well endowed male "angel") and Logan's Run but integrated into a kitschy Greco set.

It strikes me as the kind of show that's headed for Las Vegas and plans on sitting there for a couple of years.

As an aside - after four visits I have to say that I really hate the O2. The seating might be more comfortable and sightlines better than the old Point, but there is no atmosphere in the venue whatsoever, as with its big brother in London. There's a complete detachment between the performer and the audience that the old Point never had. I've seen Tina Turner, the Prodigy, Deadmau5 and now Kylie all in the new venue and despite great performances from the artists as an audience member I just never felt involved.

Never buy in Block G by the way - markedly restricted view despite the assertions of the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

I went to see her last night and was a little dissapointed, played far too much of her new album (which isnt the best) and skimmed over what made her famous. I do understand that maybe she is trying to mix it but maybe it was just a step too far - not much dancing a lot of very slow movements, hell of a lot of costume changes. All gorgeous but not great if you cant move in them.

It seemed to be trying to be like the TT concert the circus but they could actually dance & put on a show. I did see Tina Turner in the MEN in 09 who is nearly twice her age and the show rocked.

I did enjoy parts but have to agree with previous posters the O2 is not a great venue. I was in the seated area and a few ppl tried to stand up to dance only to have the promoters minions shout at ppl angrly for them to sit down! When loads of ppl stood up they didnt say anything. I have been in other venues and have never been asked to sit down.

Overall I wouldnt run back to another concert of Kylie's and I was looking forward to it. If the format changed I prob would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I thought it was a great show. Then again I'm biased because I am a bit of a Kylie stalker! The second half was much better, it was one big party. Loved her, she keeps getting better.

I really don't like the O2 though. That's my fourth time going to a concert there now and I'm not impressed at all. I agree about being made sit down if you stand up, it's ridiculous. Fair enough if it's a Jedward concert full of kids or something but to tell grown adults who are just standing up to sit down is pathetic. I've been to a lot of gigs in the UK and Europe and it's never happened to me there.

Advertisement