Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs england

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭looseygoosey

Pal wrote: »
    Enough. You made your point. Now bugger off.
    what irish person says bugger?,your right though i may go,this forum smells of ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

stay around then. you'll be banned soon enough and good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Worst trolling attempt I've seen in quite a well to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Well done , Did you think of that yourself ? CRICKET IS A TERRIBLE<BORING SPORT!!!!!!

so why are you posting on the cricket forum then? you arsehole.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid you'll have to do without looseygoosey's wonderful insights for the next week. Sorry about that. :)

Btw, congratulations to the Irish team, superb achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

oh please god we'll lose our next match because cricket is a **** sport

Back-in-my-day-trolling-meant-something.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=walterbreu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭TheRevolution

No
    This makes the loss to Bangladesh even harder to take. All we'd have to do is beat Netherlands now and we'd be likely to be through.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No
    BBC 2 highlights at 10 pm, but only 30 mins. I guess they were expecting a short match.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

As somebody who spent many a summer's afternoon in the Phoenix Park watching my dad playing cricket for Garda CC, i've maintained a active interest in cricket over the years. Absolutely over the moon with the result. Hopefully we can push on against India. Would be a disappointment if we don't pick up more points against Netherlands.

Speaking to my sister in London, she's dying to go to work tomorrow :D

'mon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

i don't follow cricket.. but well done today. a girl friend in work was keep me up to date.
    i'll be a fair weather fan and watch the highlights..:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Not a cricket fan............................ however

Well done Ireland !!!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

Congrats to the Irish cricket team, a great performance and it put a well needed smile on everyone face. Keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Sitting at my desk in NY on a very long conference call, every few minutes one of the Indian guys working here would pass by my desk with an update on the match getting more and more excited by the minute. When he came by with the final result I though his head was about to explode. As somebody from a family full of cricket players I have a lot of regrets never having played the game myself. This is a fantastic achievement for all the cricket fans and players in the country who against similar odds than they faced today never let the sport die in Ireland. Bravo and I hope a new cricketing generation will now be more inspired than I was as a lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Bandwaggoning fool.. Was this your first cricket match? Do you understand how the international game is structured? What about Joyce, he a traitor as well?

Far from it. I actually play and most people in my club felt that way today. Text after text had a go at Morgan.

Great day for Ireland and jsut shows you don't have to be a traitor to be a success.

Joyce came back and well done to him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭bnt

sagat2 wrote: »
    Sitting at my desk in NY...
    The game has even gotten Cricket a piece in the New York Times, which is really saying something. ;)
    “They go out here with an attitude of ‘we’ve got nothing to lose,’ and they don’t,” Strauss said. “That doesn’t make things easy for you.”

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Morgan is not a traitor. That's unfair.

He is a super player who got to play for a test nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

No
    just watched replay on sky amazing from kob well done Ireland , bring on the sunday best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

What an amazing innings - you did your country proud Kevin O'Brien!

That eclipses anything I've seen - magic stuff - so proud of those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Highlights on the beeb now.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

No
    Immense performance,england really thought they had it in the bag,hope they play all out for the remainder,sky pundits fancy our chances for the quarters.
    Hat off to kevin o brien, legend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

+1 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Didn't see or read the game this evening, but sitting by the fire here after reading this thread in full, can I raise my glass to the gallant Irish team on their heroic performance. And if people want to jump on the band wagon let them, Ireland needs all the support. Well done lads, well done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It is quite amusing though that at the moment its England who really need him not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

irish-stew wrote: »
    Highlights on the beeb now.

:D

Watched the match today,watched the highlights on Sky,what the heck,going watching on the beeb now,could never get sick of watching KOBs and Irelands performance today

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bitter

yeah as long as prodies and stupid D4 people are here it will be here.
    just as long as it stays with these shower then im grand

I thought this stupidity was a thing of the past :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Typical had to miss todays game for work. Heard England had posted a big score which I didnt realistically Ireland to come close. Then on radio it mentioned they needed 37 from 40 balls so was perplexed and delighted. Then to find out they won....Wow!

Fair play to them all, theyve given the country a much needed sporting boost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Johnston,Mooney and O'Brien make toast of England! Won't suprise me if thats a newspaper headline tomorrow!:p

Honestly gave Ireland no hope today and i'm delighted they proved me and a lot of others wrong! I've been into cricket about 10-12yrs maybe more and this is without doubt the greatest achievement of any Irish team apart from maybe the Grand Slam rugby teams. A great perfromance from all the team i've only seen some highlights and watched the first 10 overs of Irelands innings on lunch in PaddyP(28/1 at the time)and thought the start they had after Porterfield went was very crucial they could has easily folded. Well done to the team and hopefully they can do the same against India and lightning does strike twice!

ps. What a pity they didn't beat Bangladesh now:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Watching the highlights here. O'Brien looks like he is just swinging because he is wizzed off :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

No
    NickDrake wrote: »
    Far from it. I actually play and most people in my club felt that way today. Text after text had a go at Morgan.

Great day for Ireland and jsut shows you don't have to be a traitor to be a success.

Joyce came back and well done to him

I find your attitude bizarre and I doubt that you represent the average Irish cricketer - if you really are one. Why would anybody begrudge Morgan wanting to play at the top level of his sport?

Advertisement