Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs england

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Seriously, fuck off.

'Ireland' is currently trending in Australia on Twitter and it's still the early hours here (4.14am in Perth) :D

We were number 1 in India earlier. Now we just occupy the 4 of the top 10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was just checking Sky anytime,it has the India v England game listed,the info on it finishes like this

"Andrew Strauss and co must improve quickly after a poor performance in the win over Ireland"

They really do have to improve alot it seems:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

The highlights are on sky sports now and i think there might be some on the bbc at ten (not sure though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

No
    Are there highlights of this match on tv tonight or online?

Well done to the lads, what a performance!

i thought i heard sky sports saying something earlier about highlights at 8p.m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

That was utterly amazing. I just come back from the ground. I'm going to cross-post what I posted on Irish poker boards

Wow, my **** wow.
    I'm near lost for words about what I saw today but I will try some general musings

Kevin O'Brien, god. Nothing else to say about him. If that doesn't win Irish sports personality/performance or whatever I have no idea what will.

Tickets in cost 100 rupee, less than 2 euro :)

I pretty converted every Indian sitting beside me to become an irish fan. The 2 of us were only white people in the stand, that's what you get going with the cheap seats.

There is going to be about 100 photos uploaded of me on facebook that I will never see as local guys kepts wanting to take pics with me all day. I've no idea why. I must have posed for 25 pics after the match ended

Kevin Peterson, lol, wtf was that shot.

I at 1 stage was giving the over under at 40 overs until we were bowled out. That has got to go down as the greatest comeback in Irish sporting history. I'm being told we were 400-1 at one stage.

If anyone has access to news channel called Nexus 24/7, have a watch out for match report. They interviewed me after the game as I was leaving the stadium. I probably didn't make the slightest bit of sense but it would be funny to see.

On down side, **** you ICC and your near nazi like regulations. No bags, cameras, water anything allowed in. They didn't offer a store room so my co-traveller, had to get taxi back to our place and dump our bags off and return because of the corporate bull****. You couldn't bring any liquid into the ground, not even water or Pepsi, you know 1 of the main sponsors of the tournament. It's the sporting equivalent of flying, trying to make your life as miserable as possible. I would have captured so many awesome pics today if I was allowed.

Oh well, nothing could put a dampner on today. Simply 1 of the best days of my life. I really haven't fully taken it all in.

I really hope it came across like it felt like in the stadium. Never much of a cricket fan but today I'm converted for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

No
    Ok. Can we please ignore the people coming on here purposely trying to stir it up?

What we have to focus on is that, regardless of what form they're in, we beat a full ODI team and our biggest rivals (in all sports).

After everything the country has been through in the last year could we not all just be happy for the biggest day in the history of Irish Cricket?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

On Sky Sports 3 now and on BBC 2 later on at 10 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭looseygoosey

yeah fairplay to whats his face for breakin that record thingy.wasted his talent on this talentless sport though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

but can anyone think of a more boring gam than cricket in fairness its like watching paint dry.I wouldnt mind if it was skilfull or energetic but oh no....

ye actually should be ashamed of yourself for liking it.
    The funny thing is, the kind of person who says that about cricket tends to be a staunch fan of Manchester United - who, as a footballing side, are terribly boring and awful to watch. But they know no better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

No
    i thought i heard sky sports saying something earlier about highlights at 8p.m
    Yeah highlights there from 8 till 10. BBC from 10 till 10.30.

• Advertisement

i hope we lose miserably now in the next round!

No
    yeah fairplay to whats his face for breakin that record thingy.wasted his talent on this talentless sport though....

its funny that a new poster with 3 posts has come straight onto a thread about a sport that he doesnt like, guess that makes you a bit stupid really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

No

I can't believe that you signed up on Boards just to post on Forums that you clearly have no interest in. Get a life and join the programme. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

i hope we lose miserably now in the next round!
    Attention seek much :pac:

Soccer is ****e aswell,but even that on rare occasions can get good.
    Hurling has more skill ,more toughness,and you need to be a lot fitter and your eye hand co-ordination needs to be way better.
    But thats just my opinion and im afraid to say,90 percent of irish people are with me

• Registered Users Posts: 29 colsmiff

Fantiastic result, as soon as the result cam through all the lads in our club started texting each other. What an excellent way to kick off pre-season. Now hopefully we will get another influx of kids at summer camps just like after the last world cup, when we beat Pakistan.
    The importance of this result for the continued development of the game cannot be underestimted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Don't feed the troll folks, just report the post and no doubt the cricket mods will deal...

Pauleta wrote: »
    Attention seek much :pac:
    of course especially to show people that cricket is still a crap sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No
    I think the mods are in a heap celebrating somewhere, they aren't manning their stations!!! Who can blame them!

No
    colsmiff wrote: »
    Fantiastic result, as soon as the result cam through all the lads in our club started texting each other. What an excellent way to kick off pre-season. Now hopefully we will get another influx of kids at summer camps just like after the last world cup, when we beat Pakistan.
    The importance of this result for the continued development of the game cannot be underestimted.

just curious, how old would the older lads that play for your team be??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

No
    Hi. I havent got a clue aboout the rules of cricket etc. But at 2 o clock this afternoon the sports bulletin on the radio said that ireland had all but lost to england. then when i turned it on at 4:30 they were nearly there. The last half hour was very exciting to watch. And any win over england in any sport has to be a good one. Come on the Irish Cricket Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Amazing win for Ireland. Amazing innings from KOB. Just... amazing!

I'm in London tonight and the sky is full of the sound of cickens coming home to roost.

what a **** sport.I hope it never ever gains a foothold in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

what a **** sport.I hope it never ever gains a foothold in this country.

Cricket will be around a lot longer than you'll be ;)

oh please god we'll lose our next match because cricket is a **** sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I tried to watch cricket before with a few mates, none of us had a clue what was going on, the beer didnt help, seems a bit too complicated, even reading a report of the match I didnt understand half of it, numbers everywhere, well done to the Irish team anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

every sport is sh!t to someone, go watch one you like and stay out of the forum about the sport you hate

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Cricket will be around a lot longer than you'll be ;)
    yeah as long as prodies and stupid D4 people are here it will be here.
    just as long as it stays with these shower then im grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Enough. You made your point. Now bugger off.

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    I think I have the answer. Too many crayons in looseygooseys house.

Well done , Did you think of that yourself ? CRICKET IS A TERRIBLE<BORING SPORT!!!!!!

Advertisement