Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

spyderski wrote: »
    Yep, they're full of light, fluffy carbonny goodness! Yum,Yum!

Did you take the insurance? I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to use them in open races without insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

TO FOLLOW:
    Look Keo Blade Ti's
    Bottle cages TBC
    If you're being a weight weeny about your bike you might consider these. They are available on this site (and probably elsewhere) for a good bit less than the Keos. I have the Blade Ti, btw, but these are meant to be quite similar and I'd have gone for them had I known about them before buying the Keos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Lumen wrote: »
    Did you take the insurance? I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to use them in open races without insurance.

No insurance, I bought them slightly secondhand, but AFAIK they will do a crash replacement even w/o insurance, but I'd be hoping not to crash them. Might stay away from some of the early season A4 races so.....
    Lemag wrote: »
    If you're being a weight weeny about your bike you might consider these. They are available on this site (and probably elsewhere) for a good bit less than the Keos. I have the Blade Ti, btw, but these are meant to be quite similar and I'd have gone for them had I known about them before buying the Keos.

These look nice, but TBH I have the Blades on another bike & am reluctant to change. I bought them in CSS for €215 when they came out - they developed a fault a few weeks ago & CSS replaced them without quibble, so will probably just spend the extra & give the custom to a local business.

These look nice, but TBH I have the Blades on another bike & am reluctant to change. I bought them in CSS for €215 when they came out - they developed a fault a few weeks ago & CSS replaced them without quibble, so will probably just spend the extra & give the custom to a local business.
    Best to stick with what you already know. I really like my set of blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 2old4this

Had to send back an R3-SL due to a bottom bracket crack. After a few months of a wait I finally got this as a replacement -

I'm a very happy boy. :D As for Cervelo's warranty policy, top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

6.42KG !!!!
    Me VERY happy !!!:D

Not race legal, UCI weight restriction 6.8kg:(

(I'm sure you'll be ok, unless your entering the TdF)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Weight with pedals a computer and cages and it will make race weight im sure

levitronix wrote: »
    Weight with pedals a computer and cages and it will make race weight im sure
    My roadie comes in at 6.3 with padals and a cage. I'll have to mount a fairly heavy computer to it then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smush76

latest machine in the stable. All parts except for bars, chain, pedals, cables, tape and tyres were sourced second hand in the last year or so. Frame is fillet brazed Dedacciai steel with a carbon monobox rear and reynolds ouzo pro fork. Group is super record and finish kit a mix of thomson & fsa. Saddle is a specialized troupe and pedals are look blade's. Total weight as pictured is 7.78k, so just a touch over 17lbs, not bad for semi old school ride. Could easily get it under 17lbs with some new tyres and bottle cage. Big thanks to Quigs Snr for your help with the cassette fitting. Image of beauty? I like to think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

^^ Look at the saddle, it's.....in.......outer space !!! :eek::D

• Advertisement

haha..it actually needs to go up just shy of 1cm. In actual fact the frame was designed this way, the original owner was obviously very flexible or immensely disproportionate , its got a v short head tube realitive to tt lenght resulting in a fair bit of seappost on show to suit a beast like myself! Drop from saddle to bars in this configuration is 10cm, not uber extreme by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

we really need more mtb's on here

@icyseanfitz, here my mtb and gratuitous angry race shot! Its an on-one inbred, fox forks, xt drive train, hope hubs and brakes and a mix of thomson, easton and race face kit with a very comfy sdg cow print saddle. Hope you like.

nice il throw my bionicon edison up next week when i have my slx chainset my new pedals bar and grips and new bearings as well (not really visually noticeable but still :D ) god i cant wait to get back on it with the nice weather, its been a long ass 4 weeks since my last cycle :mad:

[QUOTE= cant wait to get back on it with the nice weather, its been a long ass 4 weeks since my last cycle :mad:[/QUOTE]

surely weather of any description isn't a deterrent from mtb'ing! NB 2nd pic :D

smush76 wrote: »
    surely weather of any description isn't a deterrent from mtb'ing! NB 2nd pic :D

no i was out in the snow about a month ago :D unfortunately my bike has since had many technical problems :rolleyes: should all be sorted next week though and im pretty excited, cant wait to put my new slx chainset on, and that second pic is awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭tulachmhor

haha..it actually needs to go up just shy of 1cm. In actual fact the frame was designed this way, the original owner was obviously very flexible or immensely disproportionate , its got a v short head tube realitive to tt lenght resulting in a fair bit of seappost on show to suit a beast like myself! Drop from saddle to bars in this configuration is 10cm, not uber extreme by any means.

Alright Smush!
    Team Cranckaddicts member here.
    Good to see a new steed has been added to the stables.

B.

cheers B, trust you'll be gracing these pages with a new Orbea decked out in Basque livery sometime soon? saludos. S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

latest machine in the stable. All parts except for bars, chain, pedals, cables, tape and tyres were sourced second hand in the last year or so. Frame is fillet brazed Dedacciai steel with a carbon monobox rear and reynolds ouzo pro fork. Group is super record and finish kit a mix of thomson & fsa. Saddle is a specialized troupe and pedals are look blade's. Total weight as pictured is 7.78k, so just a touch over 17lbs, not bad for semi old school ride. Could easily get it under 17lbs with some new tyres and bottle cage. Big thanks to Quigs Snr for your help with the cassette fitting. Image of beauty? I like to think so.
    Beauty, but you put the stem on upside down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Here's a sneak preview of my new bike. Picked it up yesterday evening. More pictures after I have a proper go of it myself :)

IMG_1777_576_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Russman

My new best friend............will post a better pic when I have a good camera handy and a few things altered, wheel reflectors removed (is that legal ?) & a new, white San Marco Rolls saddle will be replacing the stock one.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spokeydokey

Russman wrote: »
    My new best friend............will post a better pic when I have a good camera handy and a few things altered, wheel reflectors removed (is that legal ?) & a new, white San Marco Rolls saddle will be replacing the stock one.

wheel reflectors are actually illegal. Immoral and offensive also:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

wheel reflectors are actually illegal. Immoral and offensive also:pac:

Illegal, I did not know that, is that why Kelloggs stopped giving them away?

Did my parents buy Cornflakes to get a break from me when I was younger :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Russman

[QUOTE
    Immoral and offensive also:pac:[/QUOTE]

That I can agree with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

have it a few years now but here's a pic of my Scott R2

2657_521966907235_26402848_31287587_1437570_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

LCRC_BAX wrote: »

That's lovely, but you know what? It needs some saddle/bar-tape/hoods bling.

The difference a bit of colour in the finishing kits can make is astonishing. I'm hopeless at it, but some lads have a real eye for it, and if properly done can really give a bike a visual kick up the ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

@fat bloke - great minds! Already done that, have since fitted Red Hudz and matching bar tape to brighten up the cockpit. The stem has been lowered too & abt 1" taken off the seatpost. As for the saddle that's a fiz:ik Arione and I swear by it, it will never be changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

LCRC_BAX wrote: »

Did you buy those wheels on e- bay
    Are they 38's or 50's

How do you find them , any broken spokes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Needabike wrote: »
    Did you buy those wheels on e- bay
    Are they 38's or 50's

How do you find them , any broken spokes yet?

Also where did you get the saddle bag. I need a decent one. My BBB is rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

New wheels and Quarq fitted - I guess it's now time to display the TT bike here

ttbike.jpg

Advertisement