Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Check here if you are due a refund on the income levy: most I've spoken to are due €50 - €100.
    https://www.ros.ie/levy-v1/levy-v1.html?_flowExecutionKey=_cCD29BE4D-30C0-C782-FEB4-FE6CC1D1FC56_kDCFEA8D5-88C0-9CCA-10DC-5AEA2BB80CE8

I'm not an accountant or tax advisor - just a regular PAYE'r

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Too good not to share. Originally sourced by RK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMN6umXom0s&feature=player_embedded

You should stop worrying about every calorie you eat and get off your fat ass and go for a run instead of watching episodes of Friends:D LOL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

The guy making these (also his Ultrarunner vs Triathlete one) could have lifted it directly from squabbles on this forum, they're great. I look forward to the micro-mini-marathon vs. pffft, call 50k an Ultra? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just found the start list for the XC I'm doing this weekend at Alton Towers. Not certain what clubs a lot of the big name people are in, but I did spot Mo Farah in there and also the Brownlee brothers who I keep seeing on any triathons I come across on the telly. :eek:

Hopefully I don't come last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Which is your club Robin? Just limber up next to Mo and accidentally spike him - even up the odds a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Westbury Harriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

robinph wrote: »
    Just found the start list for the XC I'm doing this weekend at Alton Towers.
    Do you run on the roller-coaster tracks?

Do you run on the roller-coaster tracks?

I think we can get a "cheap" entry to the park if we prove we were in the race. Not actually figured out where the route is yet and if it's inside or not, they are probably just making use of the car parks and then sending us up and down a hill outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Messi, me hole:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

gerard65 wrote: »

Nothing but a waster, couldn't even score in the world cup either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

That Barcelona team have a worse away record than United.
    They're only happy in their own little pond :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Finally got to watch this this evening. It's like the conversations I have about 10 times a day. :pac:

Great medical ones as well orthopaedic surgeon -v- physio brought major lolz!

Great in Spain, only a handful of decent clubs, did nothing at the WC.
    Still scores some wonder goals, but it proves he's only human.

Love his quote when asked his thoughts on Ronaldo saying 'I was sent here by God' - Messi 'I don't remember sending anyone' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Wait until the return leg before shooting your mouth off. Remember what happened last year!

Unexpected early start to my weekend of getting soundly thrashed by Olympians this evening when this one turned up the the 5mile race I was doing:
    JoPavey460.jpg

It made a pleasent change of view to dnhop's latest picture of runners he fancies.

Weekend nearly here, anyone doing anything interesting?
    I'll be taking the kids to see Gnomeo & Juliet on Sunday, while hoping to put the feet up and get some shut-eye :cool:zzzzz <= me with my 3D glasses on having a snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Weekend nearly here, anyone doing anything interesting?
    I'll be taking the kids to see Gnomeo & Juliet on Sunday, while hoping to put the feet up and get some shut-eye :cool:zzzzz <= me with my 3D glasses on having a snooze.

Quiet night in tonight - been a hectic couple of nights on the work and social scene - then off to the Rubberbandits tomorrow night. Not really sure what to expect from their live show... Love the fact that they're accompanied by DJ Willie O'Dea Jay though :D

Snoozing during the movie? I've heard really good things bout that movie so you may enjoy it more than you're expecting!

Had a bath in a cattle trough today. :eek:

Had a bath in a cattle trough today. :eek:
    Always suspected you were a cowboy. How did your XC race go?

Always suspected you were a cowboy. How did your XC race go?

Very, very muddy with a bit of extra mud thrown in for good measure. I'll be happy if I made it into the top 1000, but how anyone can run fast in those conditions and course is beyond me.

• Advertisement

I see Mo dodged your challenge and ran at some indoor event instead.

I see Mo dodged your challenge and ran at some indoor event instead.

He was clearly scared of me thrashing him. I'll be counting that as a win for me, not turning up becasue of a touch of mud is a rubbish excuse.

Yeeaa!!! My IP has been selected to win a prize :rolleyes:

Very, very muddy with a bit of extra mud thrown in for good measure. I'll be happy if I made it into the top 1000, but how anyone can run fast in those conditions and course is beyond me.

598th out of 1,302 - respect! (Need a clapping smiley).

Not a particuarly impressive time and not a particuarly impressive position, but when you take into account that the winner only made it round the 10km in over 35 minutes I'm very happy indeed. I hadn't been expecting to finish in the top 50% either.

5462577716_9d24302bf7.jpg
    Never been in such a busy crowded race before, and for XC that can make thing a bit of a challenge. That shot is still on the firts lap I think, but it didn't thin out much more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Not a particuarly impressive time and not a particuarly impressive position, but when you take into account that the winner only made it round the 10km in over 35 minutes I'm very happy indeed. I hadn't been expecting to finish in the top 50% either.

5462577716_9d24302bf7.jpg
    Never been in such a busy crowded race before, and for XC that can make thing a bit of a challenge. That shot is still on the firts lap I think, but it didn't thin out much more than that.

Thats the way next weekend should be here, but we will maybe get 100 runners :(

My younger brother is manager of the Woodford Green men's team - I like the way he set the scene at the beginning of his race report...

As they arrived at the race venue, even old-hands stood and gazed at the scarcely believable oceans of mud in which the organisers had erected their marquees and the clubs their tents and flags. The seniors' first triumph of the day was claiming a few square metres of stones on the perimeter, from which they sought to keep 1 or 2 items clean-ish for the return journey. A mere trip to the toilet was an adventure, and many chose to warm up around the car parks. Ambulance sirens blared and races were delayed and shortened as the mud reaped its sinister harvest. The more melodramatic spoke in hushed tones of the Somme and Passchendaele.

Warning: Picture of robinph's belly below.

5471958472_7b46498708.jpg

That is what I've now been fitted with today. Just pumping me with saline for now, but will switch to nitrous insulin on Monday.

Airport security will be fun:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

My Mam was fitted with one of those pumps about 18 months ago, she's been insulin dependent for 30+ years. Pump made a huge difference to her, no more 4 injections a day. Airports are actually easier cos she's not carrying a load of needles, syringes and insulin vials ;)

Advertisement