Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ribble bikes

Options
  • 29-01-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

lads was thinkin of buyin a new ribble carbon bike with full ultegra groupset,any views on the ribble brand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

from what I can tell they are very good. IF you are looking for a smaller sized bike of the highly rated Sportive/Racing model there is one for sale on Bike Radar for a song at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Shipping is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

@nak has one. It looks really nice. As far as i know she's very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

I got one late last year, I had a courier to collect it rather than pay the €120 standard shipping charge. I think it cost €40ish, through shiply.com. Some horror stories going about re their customer service but I'd no issues with them. You could be waiting a while on your bike depending on what stock they have, but stock levels are shown on their website from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

hi,
    i contacted their sale team 2 weeks ago RE crazy shipping. they said a new service was in the works and would be launched along side their 2011 bikes soon. So im waiting for this update before I decide what to go with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 fireblade001

what did you go for in the end?
    I'm really interested if you went for a Ribble. I'm interested in the Sportive Racing.

BTW: I believe that in frame is the exact same as the Dolan and maybe one of the Condor's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hurlersx

Looking at Ribble bikes recently, namely the Ribble Sportive Bianco and the Ribble Sportive 7005. Don't know whether to go for carbon or aluminium frame. Was wondering how do the carbon frames handle the bumpy back roads and occasional or frequent pothole? Has anyone any experiences of the Sportive Bianco, how are they in terms of comfort, reliability? How are the Ribble bikes in general for comfort?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerd4

my bro in law bought the carbon bianco sportive and he loves it. Its a stunning bike in the flesh aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

I've been riding a carbon framed Gran Fondo for the last year, and find it great. Unfortunately I've never ridden any other carbon bike, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it copes very well with the bumpy, potholed roads of Co. Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

@nak has one. It looks really nice. As far as i know she's very happy with it.

No problems with mine, have had the Sportive for a few years now. Only ordered frame and fork. Weighs in at ~7kg with Campag Centaur and Easton EA90s (size 49). Haven't ridden another carbon bike, so no comparison. Way better than my aluminium or steel bike on the bumpy roads. Feels fast and great on the climbs/descents for me.

Have seen what is essentially the same frame rebranded and sold for €1200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

I have a ribble stealth which i bought as a frameset and built up myself, very happy with it rides great very light and stiff, allround a fast bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Poirot

macken04 wrote: »
    hi,
    i contacted their sale team 2 weeks ago RE crazy shipping. they said a new service was in the works and would be launched along side their 2011 bikes soon. So im waiting for this update before I decide what to go with.

Ribble have reduced their delivery charge to Ireland - 50 pounds STG for a bike - still expensive, but a lot more atractive than their previous charge which had put me off ordering from their site.
    I ordered a Ribble Stealth at the start of the month, was quoted a build date of 17th April, and the bike shipped on 18th.
    Still waiting anxiously, as I sold my previous bike 3 weeks ago....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jeffm587

Just got a Sportive Bianco myself and very happy with it. I had it collected but the delivery charge is around €50 alright. They gave me a turanaround time of two weeks and that was fairly bang on. Their delivery is 2 days from date of builds I think. I have an email address for a guy there who was fairly helpfull. PM me if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pieterblurb

As above, I bought the Ribble Stealth as a frame set and built it up with SRAM Force. I am very happy with it. I come from a Pinarello Prince SL and I must say I am impressed by this frame. Bought it for < 600 €. Fast and comfortable, just did the Amstel Gold 250 km on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Poirot

Poirot wrote: »
    Ribble have reduced their delivery charge to Ireland - 50 pounds STG for a bike - still expensive, but a lot more atractive than their previous charge which had put me off ordering from their site.
    I ordered a Ribble Stealth at the start of the month, was quoted a build date of 17th April, and the bike shipped on 18th.
    Still waiting anxiously, as I sold my previous bike 3 weeks ago....:eek:

Just received my Ribble Stealth Veloce today - I have to say it has been worth the wait...its a beauty, and zips along effortlessly with Khamsin wheels.
    Can't wait to get it out on a "proper" spin over the weekend for a couple of hours to see how it feels :)

Advertisement