Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods ireland shoddy customer service

Options
  • 29-12-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i ordered and received an acer desktop computer it was intended as a christmas present, the computer arrived but when opened proved to be fawlty, it simply wont power on, i called the customer care line and was bounced from department to department and promised that some one would call back, ther was no call back, i called customer care again and an agent told me i would have to privately arrange to have an engineer come to see it, at my own expence! since i spent over €600 on this item, i don't see this as acceptable, i called customer care again on the 27th dec and an agent told me to send the computer back and a new model would be available on the 14 jan. she told me someone would call me back to arrange when the courier would come collect the computer. no such call came and 2 days later i have spent the morning calling customer care been bounced from department to department still without satisfaction, any else been pushed to the edge bty littlewoods??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Yep, we ordered off them nearly 3 months ago and still no sign of our item (it was a footmuff for our baby, so we've missed out on the benifit of having it for the bad weather). What customer care line are you calling? We're getting bounced around by email. I'll certainly never use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

i ordered and received an acer desktop computer it was intended as a christmas present, the computer arrived but when opened proved to be fawlty, it simply wont power on, i called the customer care line and was bounced from department to department and promised that some one would call back, ther was no call back, i called customer care again and an agent told me i would have to privately arrange to have an engineer come to see it, at my own expence! since i spent over €600 on this item, i don't see this as acceptable, i called customer care again on the 27th dec and an agent told me to send the computer back and a new model would be available on the 14 jan. she told me someone would call me back to arrange when the courier would come collect the computer. no such call came and 2 days later i have spent the morning calling customer care been bounced from department to department still without satisfaction, any else been pushed to the edge bty littlewoods??

In fairness, with the week that's in it, I would give them a bit more time. Perhaps try on Tuesday when things are back to normal in terms of holidays, staffing levels, etc.
    I'm sure there is an increased workload for them coupled with a decreased staffing level. Not your problem, I know, but I'd say it will be less frustrating to try next week.
    And their courier company may not even be open/fully functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beltenebros171

Yep, we ordered off them nearly 3 months ago and still no sign of our item (it was a footmuff for our baby, so we've missed out on the benifit of having it for the bad weather). What customer care line are you calling? We're getting bounced around by email. I'll certainly never use them again.

Hi
    after posting this and sending same complaint online, they got back to me pretty quickly and gave me a direct after sales care number to call which actually took me to someone who could help number is 0844 822 4686. hope you can get your problem fixed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

...i have spent the morning calling customer care been bounced from department to department still without satisfaction, any else been pushed to the edge bty littlewoods??

Yeah I had them do something similar to me. Bought a Reebok exercise bike from them in April, it went faulty in September so I rang them & was told it'd be collected within 7 days. It was collected 11th November after about 200 phone calls.

Account was credited on 24th Nov, they told me they couldn't refund it to my cc - fair enough - they sent me a cheque. It never arrived so I rang them again 10 days before Christmas and gave them yards about it. Cheque arrived 23rd :D

All I wanted was a replacement but this is the way they do it apparently. I'll be spending the cheque in an Irish gym equipment shop. If you have problems there's no point ringing the customer service number, you get someone new everytime & they don't care. Ring +4419 05856719 instead, that gets you through to <SNIP>, she's a customer service supervisor or something. being able to talk to the same person who knew the story was the only thing that stopped me from losing the head completely.

I'll never buy from Littlewoods again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Id love to know who runs their sales section.

Ordered some stuff the 27th from their website but for some reason my Credit card failed to authorise. Ok maybe I put the number in wrong. Tried again same issue so one last attempt real slow as I usually type my cc number fast, nah failed. Within a few min my cc company was calling me to ensure that my credit card wasn't stolen, asked me a few questions and told me I should be able to buy now.

So off i went ordered my 2 items value of €550, all is good I think Christmas week so probably wont get sent out till sometime this week.

Logged into my little woods account to see if there was any update to find credit rejected beside my order. ??? what's this about.

Rang them today, after being on hold 20 min I get onto a girl who tells me she has to transfer me to the right department for this. odd i think as i selected the check order status option when i dialled in.

Got through to the next girl and she takes a few more details and then tells me I failed a security check and she cant sell me the items. She said even tho its a cash sale and not store credit she still cant sell it to me.

Ask her if I re order will it work, Nope Once you fail the security check that's it. you cant buy anything. Bit of a joke really.

Asked her if she could tell me what the check was that I failed. she wouldn't. Fair enough. She then apologised for the inconvenience to which i told her it doesn't bother me I'm just going to go elsewhere and buy, your loss..

Granted its probably the credit card issue I had that caused this. But you think that after ringing them they could sort it out rather then just say. Once you failed that's it!!! also with the way the economy is gone they would be looking to sell stuff.

Guess I'll just have to get off me ass and have a look around at a few shops now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Same here waiting for someone to collect faulty tv,rang so many times and still nothing sorted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ruscal1234

What poor customer service and lack of care to the customer.

I ordered a suite, on the 29/12/10 told I would take delivery of it on the 11th January, great! paid in full looking forwards to the new suite arriving.

NO SUCH LUCK!!!!!!!!

I have been pasted from department to department, told they will ring the courier who has had my suite sice the 7th January..

they Never ever ringback. .. I have sent endless emails requesting my suite....... oh, they are answer my email with;-....please wait, we'll come back to you.

I have requested a manger to ring me 3 times never happened, I have emailed for an address and telelphone no and a mangers name, They never reply.

What an appauling company..... customer service stinks, that attidue its disgusting....
    And to make matters worse they have my money!

warning to all do not buy goods from this company!

(lIttle woods ireland if you read this feel free to get in touch!!!)

I'm looking in to an ombudsman now or legal advice .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

ruscal1234 wrote: »
    I'm looking in to an ombudsman now or legal advice .

Your next task is to write them a reigstered letter stating that they have 10 working days to respond and redress the situation satisfactorily, or you will be taking legal action against them.

If the value of the goods is less than €2,000, then you don't even need a solicitor. You can lodge a claim yourself in the Small Claims Court for just €15.

However, before you go down the legal route, make sure that you have documented evidence (i.e. the registered letter) that you tried to deal with them reasonably first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did littlewoods give you a tracking no?

you may have a slightly weaker case if it really is stuck with the courier. its still up to them to deliver it to you but in a courts eyes they did their best.

but yes best course of action is letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ruscal1234

I have tracker no just my account no.,

I did ring the no that "therapyboy " put on here, which is +4419 05856719

This is a managers no at littlewoods Ireland, i currently have <SNIP> looking in to the problem so fingers crossed.

She did ask me where i got the number from........I told her "customer service"

fingers crossed this is the end of my problem, I ve asked for deleivery within 10 working days, or I will contact my solictor / courts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Other option - assuming you paid by credit card, give the bank a call and do a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Has any person had any issues with Littlewoods in the last 12 months ?
    There have CLOSED ALL CONTACT EMAIL POINTS INC. DELIVERY INFORMATION.

THIS LEADS ME TO SUSPECT THEIR STILL A '****' COMPANY TO DEAL WITH.

ALL COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@James Delany Are you having a particular issue with Littlewoods that you would like advice on?

Also, please watch the posting in capital letters. It's considered shouting in internet etiquette.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Work for a company that sells an electronic product on Littlewoods, some kits were sent out with missing items by Littlewoods distributor. The process put in place was for them to replace the item themselves, cue call after call from Littlewoods customers being told two and three times that we have to send them the missing item. All this despite the sales team and management contacting Littlewoods to remind them again. Jokers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement