Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Centre DTT from today

Options
  • 15-12-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Collins Barracks, the ccc location for RTE's Radio and TV services has many of its services off today pending the arrival of DTT from the site. This site should cover any existing blackspot areas in the city centre as well as many suburbs with weak DTT from Mullaganish and Spur Hill. The information going to press is that the mux will be on channel 50 V polarised to match the group and polarisation of the existing analogue service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

johnnyvee wrote: »
    Collins Barracks, the ccc location for RTE's Radio and TV services has many of its services off today pending the arrival of DTT from the site. This site should cover any existing blackspot areas in the city centre as well as many suburbs with weak DTT from Mullaganish and Spur Hill. The information going to press is that the mux will be on channel 50 V polarised to match the group and polarisation of the existing analogue service.

I live Shandon/Blackpool area - I presume this is good news?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnnyvee

evilivor wrote: »
    I live Shandon/Blackpool area - I presume this is good news?

Absolutely, Blackpool and The Glen more than anywhere. The TV shops in the city should also benefit. Always a good thing when you are trying to sell tellys!

Absolutely, Blackpool and The Glen more than anywhere. The TV shops in the city should also benefit. Always a good thing when you are trying to sell tellys!

Excellent. I shall check it out tonight.

Working great now downstairs on rabbits ears where I previously had no signal.

Working great now downstairs on rabbits ears where I previously had no signal.

Great stuff. What channel are you picking up the mux on ? Ta

• Advertisement

Great stuff. What channel are you picking up the mux on ? Ta

No idea. How would I tell? Using a Walker WP11DTB STB.

No idea. How would I tell? Using a Walker WP11DTB STB.

Do a auto rescan and take a note at what frequencies the box pauses at. In Cork City on a good day the box will stop at channels 21, 45 and now ch 50 of 51. Ya might let me know. (nb On a bad day ch50 or 51 only!) Ta

Do a auto rescan and take a note at what frequencies the box pauses at. In Cork City on a good day the box will stop at channels 21, 45 and now ch 50 of 51. Ya might let me know. (nb On a bad day ch50 or 51 only!) Ta

IIRC it stopped circa 50 - it was 45 previous to last night.

IIRC it stopped circa 50 - it was 45 previous to last night.

Thanks for that. My box stops at 51, it must be a bit off.

Glanmire just outside Cork City along with Clonakilty are now up and running with the new MPEG4 saorview service. Because the analogue services has only carried RTE1,2 and TG4, this is the first time TV3 has been available from the local transposers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Glanmire just outside Cork City along with Clonakilty are now up and running with the new MPEG4 saorview service. Because the analogue services has only carried RTE1,2 and TG4, this is the first time TV3 has been available from the local transposers.

Sure ? Interesting.

I thought that Bantry and Crosshaven were the only sites that would be on this year (along with Spur Hill).

Advertisement