Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you do Nixer to stay afloat?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

For those who dont understand a nixer, it is doing a side job after hours that the tax man knows nothing about usually . Cash.

I know that some people (with the ability) will go back to work after their day is done to earn a few extra euro.

What are your thoughts on the matter of the so called black working market?

Nixer's . Correction in title . Sorry

How many of you do cash side jobs 39 votes

Yes . I I work for cash some evenings
    0% 0 votes
    I work for cash(no tax) all the time
    61% 24 votes
    No. its cheating the tax payer .
    5% 2 votes
    If I could I would
    33% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's a trap.

He works for the Revenue.

Don't answer the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

hahaha. As long as you dont put your screen name on your tax returns , you will be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Anyone who does it is a tax dodging, fraudster scumbag.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to do something for a bit more cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Recession, Shaun Ryder, emigration and shit clothes.

Now even 80s terminology is coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah i would. its FREE MONEY :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

"do Nixer"? i've never done Nixer, though he did make me an indeacent proposal this one time...at band camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I often fix friends computers, in exchange for haircuts, meals, cups of tea and transport, but never cash. I think surrounding yourself with friends who have useful skills is the way to go, you can live like you're in a little commune, save cash and the tax man can't touch you. I'm hoping to befriend a lawyer, a doctor and a pimp soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

"do Nixer"? i've never done Nixer, though he did make me an indeacent proposal this one time...at band camp.

typo. Im sure you know what a mean;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I have a full time job and a sideline nixer job that ive had for a long time and i have no qualms whatsoever about doing it. I contribute my fair share as far as im concerned with all the various taxes i pay from my fulltime job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I don't need to tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

Every chance I get.

Because of the way things have panned out in this country I think most poeple would do cash jobs. Every man for himself. A couple of years ago I would not have considered it but my income has dropped over 50%.

Mits wrote: »
    Every chance I get.

Because of the way things have panned out in this country I think most poeple would do cash jobs. Every man for himself. A couple of years ago I would not have considered it but my income has dropped over 50%.

Mine also. even more TBH.

And harder times to come by the looks of it.

Its pretty sad the way things have turned out for us all. I hope the recovery can begin soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

gsxr1 wrote: »
    hahaha. As long as you dont put your screen name on your tax returns , you will be safe.

But I use my real name as my screen name. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

There were plenty of nixers even during the good times when tradesmen were earning fortunes... Its still stealing if its not declared no matter how you dress it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Its still stealing if its not declared no matter how you dress it up.
    Yeah, good luck trying to push that idea for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

There were plenty of nixers even during the good times when tradesmen were earning fortunes... Its still stealing if its not declared no matter how you dress it up.

*runs to declare the €€€ earned for fixing aunt Jane's PC! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Its still stealing if its not declared no matter how you dress it up.

It's no more stealing than the un-vouched expenses of our politicians. <Two wrongs argument here>

TBH. Half my income comes from cash work.

If I did not have cash jobs coming in, then I would go under and be on the dole que.
    So I am saving the tax payer money by getting out there and making my own way in life.

not perfect , but the way I see it, I did not cause this disaster yet I have to pay for it. Screw the tax man. Hes not getting all my money. Again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

gsxr1 wrote: »
    TBH. Half my income comes from cash work.

If I did not have cash jobs coming in, then I would go under and be on the dole que.
    So I am saving the tax payer money by getting out there and making my own way in life.

not perfect , but the way I see it, I did not cause this disaster yet I have to pay for it. Screw the tax man. Hes not getting all my money. Again.

Id be removing that sig if I were you.. apparently they are using facebook etc to catch dole cheats.. who says they arent quietly stalking boards.ie to catch tax dodgers??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Why do you think I don't have a facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Wow we used to ask was it wrong for a man to steal a loaf of bread to feed his family, now we ask is it wrong for a man to not pay tax on a loaf of bread to feed his family. Seriously.

Also my granny gave me 20 euro when I dropped by for tea the other day (yes Im 27 and she still sneaks pocket money into my pocket). Im going to cross to the side of criminality and state ... I DID NOT DECLARE IT IN MY ANNUAL TAX RETURN. John Gilligan hasnt a ****in patch on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

Could be a stupid question but can someone pm me if there is a website for people wanting a nixer done. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Goldenegg wrote: »
    Could be a stupid question but can someone pm me if there is a website for people wanting a nixer done. Thanks!

Cash in Handas far as I know and very little paper trail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

:D you got me real good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I would if i actually had any skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I'm shameless. I'd sell me hole for a bucket of coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

No offers please. It was a joke:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Why's the poll closed already? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I help out people through work by filling up paperwork for them etc that isn't part of my job description. The ones I love to help out always throw a few euro my way, which I honestly don't expect or want. They just want to show appreciation I suppose even though it would be done for them anyway.
    But it's usually the ones with money to burn that expect me to do them a turn & rarely say thanks.
    Sickens my ****.

Advertisement