Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City add confusion

Options
  • 22-11-2010 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

on the Power City website the only certified saorview receiver is listed with satellite dish & LNB as an accessory, so we are off to a good start,

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-23-WP11DT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

after emailing Power City they have noted the accessory was inapropriate and removed it, got a phone call thanking me for my observation, fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

Astratv,

Maybe you should given them the ISAA phone number or email address, for technical advice, and installers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

They are also claiming the Walker Saroview STB has DAB radio. I think that is most unlikely. I have never seen any DTT box yet that includes DAB radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They mean you get the stations that are on Irish DAB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

In all fairness to Power City they are the only company that I know that have embraced DTT from an early stage. And they do correct things when given the better steer. So fair play.

Its a little unfortunate that they have a monopoly on box availability but that is not their fault. They also need to get their price point down. It is far too high. No doubt it is at a point that the Freeview HD box is, but they have a lot more channels to make them attractive. The unit price is not high or least it shouldnt be.

As a retailer, they are a lot better than the Curry's of this world who I have seen at least 5 complaints about over the last week on this forum regarding major brands stocked not having MPEG4 capabilities and the old problem of Freeview products being stocked and the consumer being duped. This is despite the GM's assurance that he would look at the case that was put to him on the Curry's part of the forum. Not surprisingly the information given to him has not been acted upon by posters here who gave their time to post the right information so the situation could improve, but those posts havent even been responded to. So signs on it, the Irish consumer will buying some great products at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

yes Power City rang me to say they had corrected the error within 10 mins of emailing them, large site, lots of products, odd error inevitable,

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

ahh u can find incompetence all over,i personaly like power city

Advertisement