Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

You must be able to tell that I'm a stubborn prick who won't let a horse go. :pac:

Cityscape has a big chance, Rimth is a risk but I'm afraid the one day I'm not on will be the day she'll win!

Oh, guess who's coming next. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

approve in the 3.05,,im sure you picked her before...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Approve

:pac:

You guys. :D

Like clockwork!

:cool:

• Advertisement

He's another small bet/risky selection due to the ground but I'm awful wary of giving up on horses. He owes me nothing either after having him at Ascot (just a saver there) and York.

PS - I hate soft ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Nulty wrote: »
    Like clockwork!

:cool:

yeh, but my clock ticks that bit faster than yours,1 minute in fact...:pac:

wont be on any of your selections as im on a break but best of luck with tomo anyway pyro...

3:05 Newmarket - Approve - 1pt @ 10/1 (Bet365)

Another previous selection of mine, he is a highly consistent two year old who already has two Group 2's to his name, winning the Norfolk Stakes at Ascot over 5f and winning the Gimcrack Stakes at York on his penultimate start when winning quite impressively. He has bundles of speed and showed a great attitude when battling back to get up in the final furlong after looking in real bother 3f out, he ran on very well down the middle of the track on possibly the slowest part of ground at York and had a poor draw also. He stepped up on that Ascot form when winning that race at York and is clearly thriving, he got slower ground that day and will get even slower ground today, which is an unknown but may just suit. He's highly thought of and has entries in numerous Group 1's over the coming year including the 2000 Guineas and The Derby, although he mightn't be good enough for that he still has a lot more to come. William Haggas usually does well around Newmarket and has an OK strike rate of 10%. Interestingly he's 2/3 (66%) when Ryan Moore rides for him at this course and even more interesting that Moore replaces Eddie Ahern aboard this classy 2 year old.

Approve ran a gallant race behind Saamidd on his first try over 7f, he finished 2 lengths behind in second place. The winner of that race is extremely highly thought of and that run proved to me that the Haggas colt is still on an upwards curve despite being one of the more exposed 2 year old Group performers. That run was as good if not better than anything he has produced before and he was 1/2 a length ahead of Waiter's Dream who won the Acomb Stakes so easily. He will have to pull out even more to win this but I certainly think he's a horse worth following and no better man that Ryan Moore to have in the saddle. 10/1 is too big to me and is worth a small stakes bet on the off-chance that he does indeed pull more out of the fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Do you do gamble as your primary source of income? I tried many times before i got into online poker which these days is my main source of income, will be getting a nice rakeback payment later today so will invest that into a new gambling bankroll after a few months break from it. Will just follow your expert advice:cool:

I do surely mate, it's pretty much the only thing I do with my time nowadays. I thoroughly enjoy it though and if I can win people a few pound I enjoy it even more! I look after number one first though. :pac: Hopefully it keeps going at a nice rate but I have to take the wins with the losses, as long as the wins outweigh the losses I'm happy! I've one more selection for tomorrow which will be up in a mo. :) Cheers for the message JJ.

• Advertisement

Now for a biggie and my Nap. Final selection of the day.

4:50 Newmarket - Dolphin Rock - 2.5pts e/w @ 9/1 (PaddyPower)

Highly consistent and progressive gelding who hasn't finished out of the frame at all this season. He started off the season racing off a mark of 67 and is now rated as an 83 animal. He has come on leaps and bounds in his 3 year old campaign showing a great attitude throughout. He has raced 7 times this season, winning twice and coming 2nd or 3rd on the other 4 occasions. His best efforts have come with cut in the ground and that's pretty much assured here today and with the Newmarket course likely to suit his style he has everything going for him. Dolphin Rock has shown a good attitude on many an occasion when looking beaten only to battle back and give his all, he has been unlucky a number of times and with a bit of luck today this race is certainly not beyond his abilities. Jamie Spencer takes the ride on him today and whenever he rides for David Barron it means business. He has ridden for him 125 times and they should a level stakes profit and have a very impressive 22% strike rate. They also teamed up for a winner here yesterday when Amitola got her head in front over 6f.

Dolphin Rock should have everything to suit here, he loves soft ground and has a sound draw in stall 8. If there is a strong gallop I expect he'll have a big say come the end of the race when his stamina kicks in and I certainly expect he should place at a minimum. I'd imagine Barron has aimed him at this race for a while now and a mark of 83 is certainly not insurmountable for this progressive son of Mark of Esteem. 9/1 looks extremely generous to me and I think he will go off shorter, I had him as the 7/2 clear favourite given his love of the ground and the doubts amongst many of the field handling it. Hopefully he justifies a maximum each way stake and progresses onto the next level by taking this race. He certainly has it in him and as long as Spencer doesn't ruin his chances he should go close.

Total Staked - 10pts

It justs reminds me of a time when i used to live for horse racing and would do hours of research and i used to love it but then i discovered online poker 2 years ago and gradually my involvement in horse racing became less and less espically over the last 4 months where it has just been not stop grinding poker, but im making it my mission tonight to get involved again albeit in a less intensive way.

I'm prone to the odd game of poker myself, I was playing it fairly full-on for a long time but just eased off as it takes even longer than the horses! I love it though and around Christmas I'll be taking it up again I'd imagine. Are you a member on IrishPokerBoards? There's some class players over there and I browse a lot but don't post too often. I'm not that good at it tbh.

Fair play if you're making money at it, it's a good money makes if you've the time and patience to do it. I had the patience, just not the time!

I bet the pricewise horses for tomorrow are :

1:55 Newmarket - Tamaathul
    2:30 Newmarket - Ragsah
    3:05 Newmarket - Dream Ahead

It's usually quite handy to predict them in the middle of the night based on price moves so lets see if I'm right. :pac:

Some people would not call me a poker player as i just grind for rakeback. I browse I.P.B and 2+2 but never post. I really need to learn to take some days off as i was really burned out today having played from around 12.am last night straight until 8.20 am this morning, 6 tabling:eek:.
    Anyway enough about silly old me:p

Feck the 6 tabling, I find it tough to concentrate on one. :pac:

Two early selections for the Cambridgeshire Handicap. Reasoning to follow.

(3:40 Newmarket)

Capponi - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (StanJames)
    Smokey Oakey - .5pts e/w @ 66/1 (StanJames)

x PyRo wrote: »
    I bet the pricewise horses for tomorrow are :

1:55 Newmarket - Tamaathul
    2:30 Newmarket - Ragsah

It's usually quite handy to predict them in the middle of the night based on price moves so lets see if I'm right. :pac:

Easy. :pac:

Rimth's being backed and there's a few pound for Dolphin Rock too.

C'mon Cityscape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Yea....Capponi looks the biz. Here's hoping.

Too easy. :D

Too easy. :D

Marmalade...:eek:

Ground wasn't what I thought it'd be. Worry now for Irish Field in the Cheveley Middle Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Total respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Here we go. Everything else is profit. Nice one Pyro B-)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

goodman pyro nice start to the day!

Funny enough I was watching the PP betting in running and it never dropped below 3/1. Must have come very late.

Cheers lads.

He won by about 7 lengths, the race was over more than a furlong out. I can't imagine the 3/1 in running was about for long!

Wierd. It was 3s up to the end. Penitent went from 3 to 2s and The Field from 6/4 to evens. They must be slow or confused.

I don't know what they were looking at, there was no doubt who was winning that race.

He's Group 1 class. Wait and see. :)

Oh yeah baby 450 Eur won:D
    Thanks XPyRo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pyro,

You're putting my (unborn) kids through college..

Nice one!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Cheers lads.

no, THANK YOU!!!!:mad:

<3;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement