Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's celebrity death effected you the most? t?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nobody - You don't know them so who gives a f*ck?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

I got pretty choked up when Bosco was kidnapped

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Derek Davis. I loved that fat egg...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Bambis mother

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Phil Lynott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Triggs keane :(

Hurts hard so it does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Phil Harris, the captain of Cornelia Marie, felt like i was there:(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Jesus. I'm still coming to terms with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

As mentioned above: Captain Phil Harris.

Don't know what it was, think it was because I used to watch so much Deadliest Catch and Phil was the one Captain on there that I really admired as a person.

Really felt it when he passed, don't know what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jeff Buckley. I met him a few times before he died - a lovely guy, very funny & tremendously talented.

RIP Jeff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Darth Vader. I guess I am allowed to be though considering he was my father :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

Jesus of Nazerath

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably either John Hughes or Elliott Smith.

I loved every one of John Hughes movies.. had massive respect for the guy's writing and characters he created (Uncle Buck, John Bender, Ferris Bueller.. to name just 3). I was very sad to learn of his passing. He left Hollywood after being given a sh*tty time by Hollywood execs and to spend time with family, but he probably made the right decision.

Elliott Smith just made some of the finest and most memorable music I've ever heard. He'll be sorely missed, and only got the credit he deserved after his death. But isn't that always the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭token56

I dont think anyones has really affected me seriously but two that stick out in my head are Darren Sutherland and Jon Lee (former drummer from Feeder).

Two people who it seemed were doing so well in life just before they commited suicide. Hearing about both deaths gave me a similar feeling of unease for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Nothing. Celebrities always fail to move me in life or death. They're a meaningless, artificial irrelevance. I'll cheer when Bono snuffs it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Robbie Williams.....oh wait, hasnt happened yet, but any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

For me it was Bill Hicks.

Was he really a celebrity though? I got the impression he wasn't very much 'celebrated' or appreciated while he was alive

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was a young buck, when my older brother told me Elvis was murdered by Dracula in the bath tub - scars it left I tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I agree with challengemaster. How can anyone feel anything for people they never knew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Elvis - anytime I hear of a fat junkie dying on the toilet I nearly **** myself laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

Charlie Haughey..............

(i got over it though and lately had a dance on his grave!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

John Wayne. The man was a legend. He was dead before I was born but would have loved to live when his films came out. Life seemed much simpler then although it wasnt. The Quiet Man - brilliant film, tense, laughter, angry, love, and happiness at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

for me it is Jerry Ryan, i always enjoyed his radio programme, would love to have him these days to see what he would think of this whole financial mess we find ourselves in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Ayrton Senna - I wouldnt class him as a celebrity though, he was a racing driver known the world over as one of the greatest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Syd Barrett (original Pink Floyd singer/guitarist), although I don't know if he could be classed as a celebrity as such. I find it sad that most people, if they knew anything about him at all, knew him for being 'mad' and knew nothing about his brilliant music.

Also George Harrison and Johnny Cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Buddy Holly. We'd never have had to listen to American Pie if he was still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Eamonn Jenko from Village green... Colm his partner in crime only died last year...

An awful waste at 52...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

wonton wrote: »
    Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria

That caused quite a stir. The ensuing ruck was quite something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Heath ledger

Advertisement