Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back Demon Spawn.

Options
  • 11-09-2010 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    This place is boring without him.

His approach is a bit cavalier but ye gotta give it to the lad for his gumption.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Demonspawn was overly paranoid imo
    He seemed to find connections for conspiracies in everything.
    He didnt discuss what he posted and he was a prolific poster.

he might have had some good points but the way he came across was all wrong.If your going to argue a point with(what id hope to be) intellignet people you cant conduct it the way he did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

I've only just joined this forum but demonspawn sure gave me a piece of his mind! Quite the character. Something tells me he's lurking around here somewhere, no doubt gleaning infinite satisfaction from the desolation left in his wake! ;)

Now, the following might be 'misinfo' from demonspawn's minions, but apparently if you spell his username backwards, it will invoke him in another form...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Priori wrote: »
    Quite the character.

You said it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

joebucks wrote: »
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    This place is boring without him.

His approach is a bit cavalier but ye gotta give it to the lad for his gumption.

The guy has been gone about 3 hours now?

His behaviour towards Mods for no particular reason was shocking!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The guy has been gone about 3 hours now?

Just goes to show you the impression he left on the place.

• Advertisement

Just goes to show you the impression he left on the palce.

He abused a Mod for, well, for nothing.

had he done what he did here today in real life he'd probably have been arrested.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

had he done what he did here today in real life he'd probably have been arrested.

:rolleyes:

Overexaggeration of the week time?

What people need to understand is that some people, myself excluded, take this CT lark really seriously. Life and death seriously. So the notion of a freemason moderating a forum that they "fight the criminal cabaal" in creates huge difficulties for them. No consideration was given to this, and while I don't agree with his actions, especially posting other stuff yekahs has been involved in there was no need to take the piss changing his sig to the freemason compass and then the personal abuse he was handed out relating to his mental health was sickening IMO and reflects badly on boards.ie overall as it was mostly mods and 5000k post plus taking the piss.

But it did give a good indication IMO of how the decision makers here think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

WTF? arrested?, he did do it in real life, mods are only mods in the internet.

His behaviour towards Mods for no particular reason was shocking!

I agree he should have handled the mods situation alot better but he faced serious antagonism from some of the posters. Some were making jokes about his mental health and others went as far as to change his avatar to something he obviously feels strongly against..
    Could you imagine a similar situation in a Religious board if the mods changed a believer in Islams avatar to a Zionist flag or vice-versa. Not much difference between alot of CT and religion IMO.

He stuck to his guns. If he really believes in a global conspiracy then surely it is only natural for him to believe that such a conspiracy would pervade all aspects of society, including boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

:rolleyes:

Overexaggeration of the week time?

What people need to understand is that some people, myself excluded, take this CT lark really seriously. Life and death seriously. So the notion of a freemason moderating a forum that they "fight the criminal cabaal" in creates huge difficulties for them. No consideration was given to this, and while I don't agree with his actions, especially posting other stuff yekahs has been involved in there was no need to take the piss changing his sig to the freemason compass and then the personal abuse he was handed out relating to his mental health was sickening IMO and reflects badly on boards.ie overall as it was mostly mods and 5000k post plus taking the piss.

But it did give a good indication IMO of how the decision makers here think.

Did they actually do change his sig? He could have did it himself. And you would have to question someones mental health if they create multiple accounts. He seemed fairly unhinged to me, especially brining up yekahs stuff from outside boards. What if he found his facebook or some other personal information? I thought it was all more a poor reflection of himself than boards

• Advertisement

Not much difference between alot of CT and religion IMO.

Wow!

Can you explain this part please?

Because, with religion, there is a blnd faith. Religious people believe what their elders say, without question, and they actively ignore proof contradictory to their believes whether it be 100% proven.

is this what you are comparing CTers to?

Did they actually do change his sig? He could have did it himself. And you would have to question someones mental health if they create multiple accounts. He seemed fairly unhinged to me, especially brining up yekahs stuff from outside boards. What if he found his facebook or some other personal information? I thought it was all more a poor reflection of himself than boards

It's one thing to question a fellas mental health but to tease him about it is a whole different matter.

I agree that bringing the stuff about Yekahs into it was unfair.

is this what you are comparing CTers to?

Yeah dude thats what I said. What needs explaining?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

After the way he acted this evening I'm surprised that anyone would be calling for him to be allowed back in. I mean the abuse he gave to yekahs this evening was horrid, and posting external accounts from other websites and so on; is just not acceptable, imo. How would you feel if you were on the receiving end of that kind of outward hatred?

He was far too aggressive, even agreeing with him was difficult because he presumed you were masking some sort of disagreement. Some people are just better off not posting on online communities, for their own good as much as anyone else's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

Did he insult a mod ? omfg thats awfull :rolleyes:

ha ha, a mod is about as good as a priest in my book :D

EDIT:

I'm very religious by the way

Yeah dude thats what I said. What needs explaining?

Just out of interest, are you a "CTer"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

Does that really interest you ? I never thought of myself as a CT'r until I came here or even considered skeptics. They are just more terms to separate/divide people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Soveriegn wrote: »
    Did he insult a mod ? omfg thats awfull :rolleyes:

There's a huge difference between insulting someone and invading the space they've created for themselves either here or on other websites as a means of making them look bad. That kind of thing is far too personal as far as I care..

and besides, even mods don't become monstrous beings once they get their badge.. There's plenty of honest and well meaning mods on this site, and when you insult one in the way Demonspawn did earlier, it's always a person on the receiving end.. be they a moderator or not

Soveriegn wrote: »
    Does that really interest you ? I never thought of myself as a CT'r until I came here or even considered skeptics. They are just more terms to separate/divide people.

I realise that.

I actually should've asked "Do you consider yourself a CTer".

I am interested because i want to know whether he described himself when he compared CTers and Religion.

What do you mean by 'CTer'? is that supposed to be a derogatory term?

I find alot of the conspiracy theories very interesting if that is what you are asking.

• Advertisement

What do you mean by 'CTer'? is that supposed to be a derogatory term?

I find alot of the conspiracy theories very interesting if that is what you are asking.

No dude, i don't mean to be derogatory.

Other regular posters are using the term "CTer". This is why i ask. there seem to be a lot of people who describe themselves and others as "CTers".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Wrong place to be discussing this. Help desk would be a better place. If Demonspawn or anyone else has a problem with the way the situation was dealt with, there are clearly laid down ways of dealing with it.

I am interested because i want to know whether he described himself when he compared CTers and Religion.

Somewhere in between, if that makes sense. I don't subscribe to any one religion but I do believe that our universe has a Creator. Whether our world was created 6000 years ago, 17 billion years ago or is merely a dream I do not know.
    Same way as I believe there may be a conspiracy involved in things like 9/11 and the control commitees like Bilderberg/ Trilateral commission have over global economic and legal policies yet I just don't have clear evidence of these things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement