Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros

Options
  • 12-08-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Been listening to them for the past 6 odd months and after seeing them twice this year at festivals in the US I was wondering if they have gotten any air play back in Ireland?

They are an great band to see live - the energy of the crowd throughout the set is nothing short of amazing. For their Encore at Lollapalooza Alex requested everyone to sit on the ground and walked out into the middle of the crowd and sung from there, while the stage filled with randomers from the crowd/backstage. It was pretty spectacular to watch.

Anyway, just wondering what people think of them...

Edit: Not really sure why the youtube video's aren't working anyway here's the links:

A live Performance of "Home"
    Singing "Home" on Letterman
    "40 Day Dream" Live

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I like. Thats some lively performance on letterman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

It's well worth checking out their album, 40 day dream, Janglin and Home being the highlights. They really come into their own live though, if you get the chance to see them jump at it.

Here's their music vid for Home: LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Same here,been listening to them for about 6mths now, funnily enough it was a friend living in Australia that turned me onto them. Haven't heard much of them on Irish radio, maybe once on Donal Dineen's show but I rarely listen to him (not my cup of tea). That said, I think it's a fine album from a band who look like a weird cult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DM1406

Huge fan of Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros, never heard them on the radio here though, I found out about them online. "Home" is a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had a listen to their album today.

If this music fails to put you in a good mood, then you're beyond help. :)
    It loses a bit of steam towards the end, but it's still very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I'm loving them too, Home is just great stuff. Haven't heard them on the radio, yet. Whoever works in RTE often uses what I'm listening to (pure coincidence) so I reckon they'll end up on an advertisment on RTE before the year is out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

symbolic wrote: »
    I'm loving them too, Home is just great stuff. Haven't heard them on the radio, yet. Whoever works in RTE often uses what I'm listening to (pure coincidence) so I reckon they'll end up on an advertisment on RTE before the year is out!

Editors are bastards like that for ruining music. Bunch of pr*cks!

(I should know - I'm one of them!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Ah I think I prefer hearing something I like! Although the likes of Sigur Ros and Ludivico Einaudi are a but over played on TV now! Still though it's good! So if your up to any of that, keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

(I should know - I'm one of them!)

What? an Editor, a bastard or a pr*ck?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Home was used in the intro package for the first match at the new landsdowne road between Manchester Utd vs Airtricity League eleven a few weeks ago on RTE 2,it's how I discovered them,have since bought all their albums on itunes!

About 30 seconds or so in: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1078001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Been listening to the for a bit and just adore Home.. the first day after I heard I it I was in H&M and it came on on their shop soundtrack..felt a little sad as thought I had heard it first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement