Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff to do in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Saturday morning, Ellen st and surrounds host the milk market while the original site is being renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi , will be in Limerick city at the weekend and wondering if the milk market will be open or any market?
    Thanks in advance

Aw Jeez - Its like The Wind in the Willows; Cyril Squirrel comes into the Village to buy nuts at the Market :D

* Sorry Cyril - couldn't help it & Welcome to Boards.ie !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnl398

http://www.belltable.ie/belltable-event.php?eventid=62

After their door busting sold out "Pure Sketchy" show at last month's UnFringed Festival, Choke Comedy return to the Belltable @ 36 Cecil Street for their monthly improv residency.

Bringing much needed laughter in times lacking good news, Choke Comedy sets foot on stage with no script or safety net. If you like "Whose Line Is It Anyway" Choke Comedy Improv is the show for you.

A show that is driven by its audience, comments have been left on the door ranging from 'Hilarious' to 'I go to the Cat Laughs in Kilkenny every year and I've never cried - I cried twice tonight, so funny!' That's good kind of crying - honest!

Sarah Lynch of the Limerick Event Guide said of the UnFringed 2010 show "Choke attempted to climb a slippery comedy mountain and succeeded."

Performed by Tracy Aspel, Ann Blake, Myles Breen, Charlie Cassey, Susan Holland, John Loftus, Norma Lowney, and Jerry O Mullane, Choke Comedy Improv is a night out guaranteed to send you home laughing.

Become our friend on Facebook to keep track of the latest Choke news & gigs - http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1196119991&ref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nature lover

For anybody intereseted in writing in Limerick there is a literary reading on April 1st at the Locke Bar http://onthenailreadings.blogspot.com/. also try http://clarefocus.ie they are a listing of events in the Clare, Limerick, Galway areas and presumably you all know of good old Dolans warehouse, http://dolanspub.com we saw John Spillane there recently and he was brill! hes coming back soon so well worth a visit. my favourite cork man

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

Limerick FC play Cork City in Jackman park today. Kick Off 16:30.

Should be a good game, great way to warm up for the Munster Leinster game later on.

Limerick FC and Kelly Travel are providing FREE public transport to Jackman park from Ennis/Shannon and Newcastlewest/Adare.

Timetable at www.limerickfc.ie

Get out and support your team!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭NCW feen

Anyone know of places where couples/groups could partake in clay pigeon shooting or archery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

NCW feen wrote: »
    Anyone know of places where couples/groups could partake in clay pigeon shooting or archery ?

You can go to Dromoland Castle.

http://www.dromoland.ie/activities-clay-shooting.html

There is also a Doonass Clay Pigeon Club in Cratloe.

http://www.doonassclaypigeonclub.com/Contact_us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

aws123.jpg

American Wrestling Superstars are set to announce some upcoming shows this coming summer. The first to be announced is in Limerick.
    The show will take place at the South Court Hotel in Limerick on Sunday, July 25th at 5pm. This show will feature a Steel Cage Match!

Tickets for the Limerick show are on sale now! http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180044B3CA794E56?artistid=1045248&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=27 Adult Price: €23.00 Kids Price: €17.45

This show will feature Dunkan Disorderly, Omen, Shawn Maxer, ‘Lord of the Manor’ Paul Tracey and many more names.

Check back here for more info on this huge show coming to Limerick and also for info on more shows this Summer in Ireland.

Credit: http://www.fighthounds.com

xtreme_cage-CPMBAT.jpg

Xtreme Cage Combat – “Armed Evolution”

Saturday July31st at the Limerick Concert Hall

FIGHT CARD

Pro

Heavyweight 93kg
    Mark Brophey (CSC) vs Zbynek Pistek (KTP)

Catchweight 80kg
    Rob Orlovsky (CSC) vs Cathal Gorey

Welterweight 77kg
    Nic Rubinson (FLA) vs Juri Malko (CTB)

Semi Pro

Bantamweight 61kg
    Paul Pike (CSC) vs Sergej Scukin (MMAC)

More Fights to be Confirmed

This event will be fully supported by paramedics and a doctor and runs under the same rules that the majority of events run under in Ireland/UK.

Referee
    Dave Jones

MC
    Darran Conroy

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Tickets: €25 / Balconies €30
    http://www.uch.ie/events/073110_xtreme_cage.html or call the UCH Box Office @ 00353 61 331549

Credit: http://www.fighthounds.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

NCW feen wrote: »

there's clay pigeon shooting in co limk out past patrickswell, call into steve's fishing and shooting shop, he doesn't actulally shoot anyone, for info and stuff....

He'll fill u in and prob has a number to hand...

been out there v good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I preume this thread is not going to be locked as a Zombie thread since its an active sticky. Since someone was
    looking for info on where to go Clay Shooting a while
    back, I'd like to offer my recommendation.

Eddie Daly who is very well known in shooting circles
    does Clay Pigeon shooting and Archery
    Rosemount shooting grounds in Rathkeale.
    I've heard it said going to Eddie is a shooters equivilant
    of tavelling to Knock. He's had some famous celebs
    go out to him through Adare manor Stallone, Lucy Lawless, Jason Prestly etc

Archery Prices I've read from other websites are 50 Euros.
    I've not tried this but plan to sometime in the future.

Shooting he charges 20 Euros to shoot 50 Clays.
    This includes gun rental, tuition, safety briefing but does not include the cost of the Ammo. Ammo is an additional 6-7 Euros per box of 25 rounds. Phone number is in Public Domain already on the likes of Hotel webpages etc so it should be ok to post here : 086-3936088

(I'm in no way affiliated with him or am not related or anything just I found the Man is very good at what he does)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Kids Exercise Camp running start of August - ages 6-14 - one week or two. Open to Anyone: check out www.corballyutd.com

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Feardorca

Please everybody post things you enjoy doing in the city to give others an idea of something fun that they can do!!

Limerick City

Kids
    Playgrounds - there is one in the People's Park and in park on the dublin road!

More information can be found on opening hours from Limerick City Council on (061) 417599.

Arcade The pool/snooker hall/arcade called 'New Vic' on Hartstonge, Street, near the O'Connell Monument Telephone (061) 314674

Adults
    Museums - The Hunt Museum, Rutland Street, Limerick. Telephone (061) 312833.

The Georgian House And Garden - Built in 1838, this recreated house is a great example of how the rich lived in Limerick in the past! Located at Perry Square, Across from Peoples park!

The City Museum (beside King Johns Castle) (061) 417826

Limerick City Galery, Perry Square. Telephone (061) 310633

Libraries

Limerick City Library, The Grannary, Michael Street Telephone (061) 314668

Roxboro Branch Library, Roxboro Shopping Centre Telephone (061) 417906

Shows - (The Millenium Theatre and the Belltable) best pre book on net!
    Entertainment - Dolans Warehouse, gigs almost nightly, visit www.dolanspub.com

Links to these can be found in the Limerick web sites stickies in this forum.

Limerick Suburbs

Shopping
    Cresent S.C - (raheen bus-outside Brown Thomas) over 100 shops and resturants
    Parkway S.C - + Parkway Retail Centre (parkway roundabout) (Dub Road, UL bus)

Cinemas
    Omiplex - In the Cresant Shopping Centre (dooradoyle) 12 screens
    Storm Cinema Castletroy Shopping Centre Limerick - 16 Screens

Shows
    UL concert Hall - Limericks largest Theatre, in UL (pre book - www.uch.ie)

Arcades
    Fun World - Ennis Road (Bowling, Pool/Snooker, Air Hockey, Arcade games, playworld 4 kids!
    Peter Pan - Cresant S.C Kids PlayWorld (under 12's) (No pool etc - just 4 kids)

Other
    Swimming - UL Arena (fun float on weekends 4 kids) 50 m pool!
    Rathbane Golf - 1.6 kms from City, off the R512 Lough Gur Road, open 7 days

Out of Town

Curaghcase - A forest area with open spaces and long walks (+ playground), great for a day out with Family. (Foynes Road)
    Stone Hall Visitor Farm - Better classified as a zoo! near Curraghacase, many exotic animals, Large and different kids play area (recommended for family)
    Buttercup farm - Croom, Traditional farm (with fun horse and cart ride)
    Kilcornan Karting - (N69- oppisite curraghcase) (open 7 days), a fun experience for all!
    Combat Zone Paintball - Take N69 then turn off towards Shanagolden/ NewCastle west (30 mins from city). for more info www.combatzone.ie!
    Limerick County Golf & Country Club - on the R512. (Dress well)www.limerickcounty.com
    Pitch and Putt - In Mungret and Adare
    Celtic Park And Gardens - original Celtic settlement in with 12 authentic and re-created features from Ireland's past include a dolmen and an authentic ring fort. The setting is unspoiled and natural and the gardens are excellent, Located on the Route N69, 19km from Limerick to Kilcornan and 8 km from Adare.

Sports

Rugby - Munster Rugby play in Thomond Park (north side of city) best pre-book, also regional teams (shannon, young munster, Garryown etc.). Munster Rugby have a store at the end of O' Connell Street (patricks street)
    Soccer - Limerick FC play in Hogan Park
    Basketball - The Limerick Lions are one of the countries top teams, they play in the UL arena (Oct - March). No need to pre book! UL are Limericks top womens team, they are considered tghe countries best team also play in UL Arena! Regional teams such as UL who play in the colleges league also play in UL Arena.
    American Football - for something different the UL Vikings play in the UL sports grounds (Feb - Aug) more info on www.irish-american-football.org
    GAA - The Gaelic Grounds (Ennis Road) is home to both the Limerick Hurling and Gaelic Football teams, Games are played during Spring-Summer!
    Horseracing - Limerick Race course is in Patrickswell and has events throughout the year, www.limerick-racecourse.com!
    Greyhound Racing - (Off Mulgrave St.) Meetings on Mon, Thurs and Sat at 7.50 pm
    Limerick Sub-aqua Club

* I would suggest supervising the kids (in case the crowd inside are rough)[/QUOTE]
    Don't forget The Flying Boat Museum in Foynes and the Bridewell in Glin both well worth a visit also Boyce's Gardens near Foynes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hi,

I know this might be in another thread so sorry if it is.

basically im just looking to take a few new hobbies/activities. im lucky off to starting a new job in the near future and am looking for some fun things to in my time off i.e stuff to do at week nights or weekends. ill be joining a new gym and have already looked at a few things aaround the place but if anyone can recommend anything, im game for nearly anything. i wouldnt mind trying some interesting classes like kick boxing or something like that rather than just goin to the normal gym. basically i need things to do during the week otherwise i get bored and miserable

anyway, thoughts welcome

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

try mountain biking at the weekends, i tried it there about 2 weeks ago and thought it was great fun! The place in Killmallock was who i rented the bike from, they were really helpful and genuine people. Had a great experience!!!

Irish Whip Wrestling invades the Newcastlewest!

Venue: Newcastlewest Community Centre
    Date: (23/Oct/2010)
    Bell Time: 7PM

iww-poster.jpg

For the first time ever Irish Whip Wrestling invades the Newcastlewest Community Centre. For one night only IWW comes to bring you a night of fun filled entertainment and we assure you, IWW never disappoints!

IWW brings you the best superstars from around the world and not only that but IWW will deliver the best Promo’s and the fans can cheer for who they love and boo for who they hate.

Come see what IWW Undisputed International Heavyweight Champion Mandrake has in store for his opponent as he defends the title. And what will Supermodel’s cocky attitude do to get on the bad side of the fans now.

This event should not be missed….a night of entertainment for all the family! Free autograph session and meet and greet with favourite stars.

Set to appear on the night is Mandrake, former WWE star Antono, Soultaker Salem, Captain Rooney, Supermodel and many more. Tickets are on sale now at The University Concert Hall, the Newcastlewest Community Centre or phone 069 69584. Tickets are priced at €15 (Adult) €12 (Kids) €40 (Family Package)

IRISH WHIP WRESTLING – A night of entertainment for all the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

http://www.thefanatics.com/tour.php?id=1403

Match Date: Saturday 23 October
    Venue: Ennis Road Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
    Kick-off: 7pm

aussierules.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got ours :D
    Your Order Is Complete

Qty Event/Item Venue: Delivery
    2 Irish Daily Mail International Rules Series - Ireland V Australia
    Sat 23 Oct 2010, 19:00
    Gaelic Grounds
    Limerick City, Mail *

Total Charge: €55.90

* Mail - Your tickets will be mailed to your billing address and delivered no later than 48 hours before the event

Hey honey - yer going to the rules game! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

any suggestions for my first night in limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

any suggestions for my first night in limerick?

failte go Luimneach.....

Come down to the pub for a FREE Welcome drink for you and all your friends....

Hope u've a good night...

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

failte go Luimneach.....

Ken
    lol, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

failte go Luimneach.....

Ken

And we'll get a look at you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If there's any Street Fighter fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf1GC5w7v9o

Street Fighter league in the Moviedrome. Six sessions over the course of a season (open to anyone!). Winner goes to Dublin for national tournament in February, top three get cash prize and there is a raffle for a 5DVD boxset.

All players (of any standard) welcome.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is a national hunt meeting in Limerick Racecourse tomorrow and its FREE admission.

First race is off at 12.55pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

http://grow.ie/
    Anyone who feels depressed, anxious or has anything bothering them is welcome to attend Grow on O'Connel St.(Old Bruce College building) Meetings take place monday-thursday 8-10pm. Monday night is reserved for the 18-35 age group whereas all age groups may attend tuesday to thursday.

It could be marital strife, drinking too much or self harm or anything that's making life feel difficult. You can discuss it in Grow, there's no charge and with support things can get better.

Grow has been in Limerick since the 1970's but awareness of it isn't as great as we'd like. Advertising costs money and none of us have as much of that as we need.

My best Christmas wishes to all.

F

awr-poster-267x300.jpg

For the first time ever American Superstar Wrestling invades the L.I.T Sports Hall (Limerick). For one night only American Superstar Wrestling comes to bring you a night of fun filled entertainment for all the family.

It all goes down on Saturday 19th of February 2011 at the L.I.T Sports Hall (Limerick) See all your favorite stars do battle inside the squared circle. This show will also feature a steel cage match! Tickets are on sale now priced at €12 each and can be got from the Limerick City Tourist Office (Arthur’s Quay, Limerick) You can also book your tickets by calling the Limerick City Tourist Office (Arthur’s Quay, Limerick) on 061-3175330.

Set to appear on the night is, Omen, Sean “Maxer” Brennan, Dunkan Disorderly, Paddy Marrow, Paul Tracy, Rachel St. Claire and many more.

For more info on American Superstar Wrestling you can log onto there official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Superstar-Wrestling/170032046350905

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

UNFRINGED FESTIVAL 2011

The belltable are running their 14th UNfringed Festival from Wed 26 Jan to Sun 30th Jan,

All types of events, most shows an hour long and cost a tenner,

full program at belltable.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MajorFrazer

5407714994_210cba3ec2.jpg
    Argentine Tango for couples, an intensive introduction by Neville Gawley, on Flickr

A specially crafted introduction to Argentine Tango just in time for Valentines Day.

Always wanted to try the tango but don't have enough time for regular classes? This workshop is for you.
    It will serve as a substantial introduction and provide a solid grounding in the fundamentals of one of the worlds greatest dances; the Argentine Tango.

2-6pm, 13th February
    Limerick Strand Hotel, Ennis Rd

€50 per couple. Places limited.

Book by email to valentines@limericktango.com

www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=189702877706459

www.limericktango.com

LimerickTango has been providing tango classes in Limerick since 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dub4man

Hi

I'm visiting Limerick and looking for a place with music and dancing (Thurs night) where I can meet people my own age group - 40-60. Any recommendations?

Advertisement