Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Cert and Heatwaves ??

Options
  • 09-06-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Is it just me or during the leaving cert most years theirs a massive heatwave only for it to end the day they finish ??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

When I was doing the LC there was a heatwave and Ireland were in the World Cup too... Double whammy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

When I was doing the leaving cert is was feckin roasting.
    Big massive windows in the hall just magnifying the heat.
    It was bloody horrible.

I feel bad saying it, but I wouldn't mind that nice weather again this year.

Good luck leaving cert/junior cert people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

FearDark wrote: »
    When I was doing the LC there was a heatwave and Ireland were in the World Cup too... Double whammy!

When i did the J.C world cup 06, and Euro 08 doin the leaving :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think it is a tradition that is an integral part of this exam season and should be long continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

yep! Its exam weather! It was there during the college exams and the study for them, and now its back now that the JC and LC are starting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Well it's been miserable in Dublin so the students are lucky this year. Remember it being pretty nice when I did mine....7 years ago :( I hate aging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'm all for laughing at students.

Even if the weather is horrific we can still laugh at the fact that they have to sit the biggest set of headwrecking exams they'll ever face

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Boo hoo about the weather. :mad:

The Leaving has never been easier. Get on with it! I remember doing it back in the 90's when it was actually difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

We'd great weather during our Leaving Cert alright. Made me just wanna give up my exam paper whether i'd finished or not and go sit in the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I could be wrong but I think it's because it's held during a Summer month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Ffs, don't jinx it!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Pretty sure its been raining the past two years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Same, as far back as I can remember, disappointing start this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

nope was a scorcher last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Berty wrote: »
    Boo hoo about the weather. :mad:

The Leaving has never been easier. Get on with it! I remember doing it back in the 90's when it was actually difficult.

You've done it both times to actually compare?

Good luck to all those that are starting tomorrow, another milestone reached!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I remember it well.

Scorcher during the most long winded days of the exams ( I still remember Irish and having to hang around for like 2 hours waiting for the listening section. ) but then it was lashing as I handed up my last paper when I did my leaving back in 2005.

Good luck to the people doing exams, though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yip

the only time you get better weather is in September when the schools go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭larchielads

so are we due for another scorchin 2 weeks or whats it suppose to be like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I don't remember a heat wave when I did my leaving but the world cup was on and one of the invigilators were holding up signs with the scores of games and everyone knew when Ireland had scored a goal because you could hear the cars beeping madly outside.

I feel old now though :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No World Cup the year I did my Leaving Cert (there was during my J.C but Ireland hadn't gotten into it, surprise surprise!) but there was a heat wave. It was scorching. I remember all that sun made my solar powered calculator work super-duper well. :D

(I also remember staring at exam papers thinking 'WTF' as people around me wrote furiously while I struggled to understand the questions. Ah, the fun. :))

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Always the way around exams, love it! Studying outside is hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Did my leaving last year. I walk out of my last exam, chemistry, and before
    I reach the gates of the school the heavens open.

I could have given a flying filangee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Fart wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think it's because it's held during a Summer month.

Nope, because july is always **** here. From my experience the best weather tends to be the end of may and the start of june, or if you're lucky august will be nice too. I don't know where people get this idea of "lovely weather in july" because i never remember it, not in this century anyway.

As a rule July= **** weather. Sometimes "july" can come early and sometimes it can last extra long, but it's still the same pattern of mid-summer **** weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Leving cert girls are hot, is that the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Nope, twas pelting rain the year before last alright but it was a scorcher last year when I was doing mine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A massive heatwave in Ireland? What are you smoking; it's 15 degrees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It was hot during my J.C., but I can't remember the weather during the L.C.

Advertisement