Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Epicurus wrote: »
    Philip just reminds me of the old Mark. Felix annoyed me tonight; surely he's want to sort out problems rather than waiting for the morning.

What did you think of Damien and Waynes conversation CaptainNegative?
    Was laughing away here :D

Damien & Waynes conversation was hilarious tonight. Thought it was brilliant. Lads are better when their having the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Brilliant episode. I loved Yvonne trying to alternate the ear-plugs with Connie and talking about keeping "it" in a shoebox. It's great that she has become a bitch again over the last few episodes.

Other highlights: Dermot playing Buckaoo with Ken, Damien's big gay "OMG!", Louie answering Ireland's call by nicking the Irish Times from the community centre, and I LOVED Suzanne getting some revenge against Zumo. She seems to be having a lot more fun these days.

As for the Captain Negative bit. That can't have been a coincidence, right? I hope they're going to pick us off one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

As for the Captain Negative bit. That can't have been a coincidence, right? I hope they're going to pick us off one by one.

It seems to be anytime Damien and Wayne get together that we have these "coincidences". It was them two as well having the otherwise pointless talk with the wigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Vain wrote: »
    Wtf they changed mark?

The new list.

Noeleen McCoy
    Kay McCoy
    Mags Kelly (after one season)
    Dolores Molloy (after one season)
    Wayne Molloy
    Jimmy Doyle (after one or two seasons)
    Yvonne Doyle
    Darren Doyle
    Farrah Phelan (twice!)
    Seamus McAleer
    Ciara Mannion
    Dean Dowling
    Floyd Phelan
    Sean Cassidy
    Rachel Brennan
    Bernie Kelly
    Mark Halpin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

[QUOTE=As for the Captain Negative bit. That can't have been a coincidence, right? [/QUOTE]
    LOL at that scene, can't just be a coincidence. Loved seeing bitchy Yvonne back. Not sure about the new Mark. I like Philip though, great potential there. I think he should do us all a favour and strangle Jo. Jeez her voice hurts my ears. I thought Vivienne was hilarious dragging Zumo out of McCoys and him full of cider. Great episode.

• Advertisement

Lads, where is Captain Negative? Is he too posh to talk to us now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Philip just reminds me of the old Mark. Felix annoyed me tonight; surely he's want to sort out problems rather than waiting for the morning.

I couldn't believe it :D, had to rewind it to be sure that I heard correctly. Wayne and Damian are actually very good together, very Ray and Keithish. Actually there were very good duos tonight, Yvonne with the earphones and Connie, Suzanne and Zumo, Vivienne and Yvonne and Yvonne and Suzanne. Some fantastic dialogue tonight, I was laughing away for the best part of the episode. Highlight of the episode was the Vivienne/Yvonne scene though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Next Tuesday:
    A devastated Yvonne insists on going to work rather than look after Ruth. Cass and Charlie bicker in front of the customers and Yvonne fires them. Dean tells Tracey that he will pay her due bills and not to worry about money. Dolores admits to Damien she has decided to sell her house. Bela forces Yvonne to go home and reinstates Charlie.

Damien keeps the pressure on Neasa and tells her he needs the money by 5pm that evening. Yvonne leaves Ruth alone in the apartment. Paul and Niamh arrive at the same time as Yvonne returns. She can't find her keys and a furious Paul kicks in the door. Charlie fails to get sponsorship from Louie for his 'Bealtaine' event and fights with Cass when he suggests they should do livelier events.

A worried Niamh decides to take Ruth without informing a sleeping Yvonne. Paul agrees. Damien admits to Wayne that he is lenient with Neasa because of her looks. Paul admits to Niamh that he wants to raise Ruth as their own. Neasa injures Damien when he tries to collect the debt from her.

Carol reminds a depressed Tracey how far she has come in life and how well she is doing. Cass organises an event in the community centre and Charlie accuses him of trying to sabotage his. Mark sees Damien's damages hand and suspects that violent tendencies are surfacing. Yvonne barges into Ridgeview and demands to get her baby back. A fight ensues between Niamh and Yvonne. Yvonne leaves alone.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Cracking show last night. Its as if they now know they're onto a winner and are gaining in confidence with every storyline... Top marks to all involved...:)

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week. I think this storyline with Damien and Suzanne is going to get serious very soon.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens with Zumo. All this fainting and sensitivity can't last, and if Barry gets off with his mother he will go nuts. What does anyone think will happen there?

My dream scenario: Vivienne and Barry are getting married. Zumo bursts in. The priest says anyone who objects should "speak now or forever hold your peace".

Zumo says, "I show YOU who's holding a piece!"

He pulls a revolver from his tracksuit and peppers the altar and the congregation with bullets. Credits roll. Who is dead? Tune in tomorrow for the full casualty list.

(Yeah, I'm feeling a bit bloodthirsty today.)

• Advertisement

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week. I think this storyline with Damien and Suzanne is going to get serious very soon.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens with Zumo. All this fainting and sensitivity can't last, and if Barry gets off with his mother he will go nuts. What does anyone think will happen there?

My dream scenario: Vivienne and Barry are getting married. Zumo bursts in. The priest says anyone who objects should "speak now or forever hold your peace".

Zumo says, "I show YOU who's holding a piece!"

He pulls a revolver from his tracksuit and peppers the altar and the congregation with bullets. Credits roll. Who is dead? Tune in tomorrow for the full casualty list.

(Yeah, I'm feeling a bit bloodthirsty today.)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was excellent... Can't believe I got a mention and from my favourite character as well... Plus I completely agreed with what Wayne was saying about anyone but France and England in the World Cup, so that was a pretty cool scene...

There's no way it could've been just coincidence... No one says Captain Negative - the usual would be Mr. Negativity or something, so I'd imagine it was a nod at us to show they're paying attention... Or at least I hope so... It'd suck if it was just a coincidence...
    It seems to be anytime Damien and Wayne get together that we have these "coincidences". It was them two as well having the otherwise pointless talk with the wigs.

Hopefully they keep these "coincidences" up - its a lot of fun when it happens...
    Lads, where is Captain Negative? Is he too posh to talk to us now? :D

Now now, less of that... :D
    Some of us have to work until 4 in the morning... Usually I watch the Tuesday and Wednesday episode back to back on a Thursday, so its a good thing I decided to watch it while having my Coco Pops today...

I was delighted with the scene though - hope other people start getting mentioned and that we keep getting nods in our direction... Maybe they can have a storyline where Duncan develops an addiction to boards.ie... hahaha :D

Just watched the episode! brilliant, loved it apart from the Niamh storyline... Loved Zumo & Dermot, Dermot had me laughing away, you should have put number 1 on the list, do not tear the list :D:D:D

Yvonne was fab, I love her bitchy nature back to its best and Wayne & Damien work so blooming well together!!

CaptainNegative, you are famous :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Hi all,

am a shameful lurker of this thread but had to log in to give Captain Negative a pat on the back after last night's mention! That was brilliant :D

00034868-545.jpg

Gangster's Moll, grieving mother, loving grandmother and, as Mayor of Carrigstown, now respected member of the community. Since CAB put an end to Carol's comfortable lifestyle she has had to re-evaluate and re-adjust, and has un-expectantly found love over the shop counter with Christy Phelan.

We put some of your questions to Aisling O'Neill to enlighten us about the real Carol Foley.
    What has been the most challenging storyline for you as an actor since joining Fair City, and why?
    Well, I have to say the Billy storyline holds great memories, because it was so exciting to work on and it was such a hit with the audience. I'm still asked about it; also Lorcan's death was a great challenge because Carol was so heartbroken, and I was genuinely sad to see Killian O'Sullivan leave the show.
    Who is the funniest cast member 'off camera'?
    Maclean Burke is the funniest member. He's always making jokes and slagging people; he's irreverent and just has a great sense of humour.
    What similarities, if any, are there between you and your Carol character on Fair City?
    I certainly don't have as thick a skin as Carol but I do value loyalty, which she is renowned for. I would be of the thinking 'forgive but don't forget', that's what your memory is for. My lovely Nana taught me that!!
    What do you think are the best qualities about Carol?
    Her survival mechanism, she has a mighty heart and has huge strength, but most of all her loyalty to those she loves. She'd fight tooth and nail for those she loves, no matter what.
    What do you think attracts Carol to someone like Christy Phelan?
    She feels safe with Christy. She's been around the block and been with some vicious men. Christy is kind, and she loves his innocence.
    Would you like to see Carol become the next Mrs. Phelan?
    Why not! It's high time she had some happiness, and they have a good laugh together.
    Will she ever go back to her more comfortable, richer lifestyle?
    That's up to the writers, but Carol loves prestige, so I wouldn't be surprised - if she got the chance!
    What storyline would you give Carol if you had the choice?
    I would like to see Carol deal with some moral issues, or moral dilemmas, possibly something to do with having more children.
    What has been your favourite storyline Carol has been involved in?
    Again the 'Billy Meehan' and 'Lorcan's death' storylines, they were very moving.
    What is the best thing about working on Fair City?
    Working with loads of like-minded people who really enjoy their work; different storylines which enable you never to get bored because you're expressing different emotions all the time, comedy and tragedy. It's a great team.
    Carol seems to share a lot of chemistry with Louie; do you think there is a future there for them?
    Maybe! They have the measure of each other.
    From the Galley to the corner shop, Carol has held many a position; would you like to own McCoys one day?
    I could see her wanting to get behind the bar, bossing everyone around.
    You have a fantastic on-screen rapport with Hilda Fay; what is it like working with Hilda?
    We have known each other for a very long time, and have been working with each other since we were nineteen, so we have an easy rapport. We also have a great laugh.
    What has been your most memorable Carol moment since joining Fair City?
    Lorcan dying; Carol was absolutely inconsolable.
    Has it been strange putting on the accent for over a decade? Or do you get used to jumping from your regular accent to Carol's accent?
    It's not strange, but I do find that sometimes I come home on a Friday night after a week's work and I have a much stronger Dublin accent than I normally would.
    Who have you enjoyed working with the most during your time on Fair City?
    There have been so many, but I suppose the most would be Hilda Fay, Killian O'Sullivan, Tom Hopkins, and I am very fond of Frank Smith. Tommy O'Neill and Dave Duffy are great friends of mine. Actually, there are too many to list!
    If you could play another character on the show, who would it be?
    She's gone from us now but I love Pat Leavy's character, 'Hannah', a real auld Dub!
    Would you like to see another member of Carol's family show up in Carrigstown?
    Yes; we have never seen anything of her family, but there is something attractive about the loner in Carol. She's an alley cat, a survivor.
    Did you feel pride presenting the documentary on The Riordains last year and having a role in this great television show?
    I did. When they first approached me, I didn't realise how popular it would be. The Riordains was loved and watched by so many people. I think it hit a nerve of how Ireland use to be, especially now we are living in such different and insecure times. It was also a privilege to pay tribute to my late father, Chris O'Neill, who I admired and adored. I also feel great part being in Fair City.
    Do you prefer playing the type of person Carol is these days, Mayor of Carrigstown etc., or the Carol of the Billy Meehan days?
    A change is as good as a rest, as they say! I take pleasure in both but I love comedy and am delighted they let me do it. Carol has a very serious but comic side to her nature.
    Other soaps have recently and in the past celebrated reaching an anniversary by doing a live episode. With Fair City reaching 21 years of airing this September, would you like Fair City to do a live episode?
    I'd love it. It would scare the life out of me, but I would absolutely love it.
    Thanks for the questions,
    Aisling.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/aislingoneillmta.html

I'm delighted to see my questions in there.

Hi all,

am a shameful lurker of this thread but had to log in to give Captain Negative a pat on the back after last night's mention! That was brilliant :D

Welcome to the thread :D The more the merrier!

angel01 wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread :D The more the merrier!

Angel's right, Glass Woman. You're in the gang now. We'll expect to hear from you at least four times a week.

Welcome aboard. It's always great to hear from other fans. :)

Wow, Aisling O'Neill is lovely. She comes across as thoughtful and decent, and really loyal to the show, to the other actors, and to the character. What a fabulous woman.

Experiences mild crush. :o

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum... Less of the lurking though, join in on the fun... We won't bite... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Hi all,

And me too. Congratulations Captain Negative! You made it! Loving Fair City at the moment. Well done to all envolved.:)

• Advertisement

rogercar wrote: »
    And me too. Congratulations Captain Negative! You made it! Loving Fair City at the moment. Well done to all envolved.:)

And welcome to you too rogercar - join in the fun...

Thought tonights episode was great, if only for Jo trying to talk about Star Trek... :D Well done, Jo on making a complete fool of yourself...
    Another great scene with Damien and Wayne as well - they make a great duo, so hopefully they'll have plenty of storylines together...

Once again enjoyed tonights episode again. it seems everyone is playing a blinder at the moment. Long may it continue I hope.

And welcome to you too rogercar - join in the fun...

Thought tonights episode was great, if only for Jo trying to talk about Star Trek... :D Well done, Jo on making a complete fool of yourself...
    Another great scene with Damien and Wayne as well - they make a great duo, so hopefully they'll have plenty of storylines together...

Congrats as well Captain Negative. you'll be more famous now then the fair city actors :D

Another great episode. I just love Jo & Dermot :D:D

Next Wed:
    Niamh tells Paul she is unwilling to give Ruth back. Damien is shocked and demoralised to discover he has to collect a debt from Tracey. Yvonne demands to Paul that her baby should be returned to her. Tracey asks Damien not to tell anyone she owes so much money. Damien agrees to be lenient with her for the time being. Cass decided to organise a life drawing event to celebrate 'Bealtaine' – much to Charlie and Dolores's disgust.

Damien is annoyed and hurt when he hears that Suzanne has been in touch with Louie more than him. Tracey reveals to Carol that she has been offered a job in London as a manager but she is worried how it will affect her relationship with Dean. Paul physically takes Ruth from Niamh and gives her back to Yvonne. Neasa offers to fix Damien's flat tyre. She then kisses Damien. Damien believes she is playing him.

Charlie complains that Cass's art students are crowding out his exhibit. Cass reveals himself as the life model. Damien is upset when he is left on his own for the night. He calls Suzanne but she doesn't pick up. Niamh threatens Bela that she will tell Rita what is happening. Later, she accuses Paul and Bela of not doing enough.

Tracey asks Dean to come to London with her and he refuses. Neasa tries to seduce a slightly tipsy Damien. Niamh offers to buy Ruth from Yvonne.

Great spoilers. They are really packing in the stories these days. The baby stuff looks very intense, but I'm reading spoilers at the moment like Bart Simpson's dog:
    Blah blah blah DAMIEN blah blah blah DAMIEN blah DAMIEN blah blah DAMIEN.

I'm looking forward to seeing the scenes with him and Tracey. I think they might bring out the best in each other as actors.

I think it is brilliant that Damien is finally getting so much more screen time, so well deserved too. Wayne & Damien work so well together as well. Loving them.

Wouldn't it be just fantastic if they devoted an entire episode to Damien and Wayne? If they came up with a dramatic storyline - lets say Wayne has accidently killed someone and convinces Damien to help him cover it up... Now that'd be a must see episode...
    ***Hint hint Fair City writers - we know you're watching us, so make it happen***

Wouldn't it be just fantastic if they devoted an entire episode to Damien and Wayne? If they came up with a dramatic storyline - lets say Wayne has accidently killed someone and convinces Damien to help him cover it up... Now that'd be a must see episode...
    ***Hint hint Fair City writers - we know you're watching us, so make it happen***

Oh yes and please throw in a bit of Cass, he did make me laugh last night and to think I hated him at first :eek:

I imagine this must be the start of Tracey leaving :(

• Advertisement

Oh yes and please throw in a bit of Cass, he did make me laugh last night and to think I hated him at first :eek:

There'll be plenty of Cass to view next week ;)
    Charlie complains that Cass's art students are crowding out his exhibit. Cass reveals himself as the life model. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement