Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daftness in Airport Security.

Options
  • 08-05-2010 2:39am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some photos I took on a recent trip.

Please note, for example, the 'prohibited items' display on the wall by the checkpoint. Mostly knives.

113159.jpg

Or the 'No liquids' sign on the wall here. (I lost a bottle of shampoo I forgot I had in my bag)
    113154.JPG

Can't take the metal through the metal detector, it'll set it off. So put through the X-ray machine.
    113155.JPG

We may now fly in total security.
    113158.jpg

So if you ever think airport security is giving you some hassle, keep it in perspective.

NTM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

What exactly was the purpose of x-raying the guns? Do some bad people hide guns or explosives inside guns on a plane already full of other people with guns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

You could probably burn a hole in the side of a plane by making your laptop battery go on fire.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

pclancy wrote: »
    What exactly was the purpose of x-raying the guns? Do some bad people hide guns or explosives inside guns on a plane already full of other people with guns?

Not entirely sure.

At the first checkpoint, I was informed that I was carrying too much 9mm ammo. I was only permitted 45 rounds, I was carrying 60. I had to put one magazine and my knife in checked baggage.

The 260 rounds of 5.56mm were fine, though, as I was below the limit of 500.

NTM

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Brillant series of pics showing the idiocy of certain regulations.

Shame on you carrying 60 rounds of pistol ammo...............bold trooper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Great pics manic.
    Would the knife ban come from lads carving their initials in the plane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Interesting pics dude. Shows that in a lot of cases the security just dont have a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I was only permitted 45 rounds, I was carrying 60. I had to put one magazine and my knife in checked baggage.

The 260 rounds of 5.56mm were fine, though, as I was below the limit of 500.

NTM

Lol. I wonder how they come up with those limits. What makes 45 rounds safer then 60? Why 260 is safe compared to 500? 0 would seem the only safe number to me. Was it a civilian flight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

pclancy wrote: »
    Lol. I wonder how they come up with those limits. What makes 45 rounds safer then 60? Why 260 is safe compared to 500? 0 would seem the only safe number to me. Was it a civilian flight?
    I'm pretty sure this is a simple case of us not understanding what the regulations are for. I don't think they are limiting you to 45 rounds because they are scared you are going to shoot up the plane maybe it's to stop smuggling ammunition I have no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭airvan

I've heard of this before. The question I have to ask is why they put you through a metal detector? In case you're carrying a gun? Well obviously you're not as it's clearly in the tray going through the X-ray machine just in case you're smuggling a gun hidden inside the assault rifle.:rolleyes: It's a mad world. :p

I remember reading before about Baghdad airport. Someone tried to put a loaded gun through security. That's a complete no no. You see you have to unload it first.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement