Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Kit Designs 2010 (Closed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Beasty wrote: »
    Goddammit! - so nearly got away with it :D:D:D

(I think someone did check with one of the earlier orders, and there wasn't a problem, so hopefully everything will be OK this time)

I took care of the original order, and there was no problem at all with it, though I guess the initial discussion about it included me getting the high-res images of the logos, so I should have said to ping the mods first...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Jumpy wrote: »
    Actually yeah, shouldnt they be paying us to wear em? :D

I think Boards might not want to be associated with wimps.

Dav: I can update the wimp list if you want, that should help eliminate those who wouldn't give boards a good name :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have PM'd Dav. Hopefully everything will be OK, maybe there will be a race or endurance trial of some sort? In line with caroline_ie's idea of rooting out those who would do the brand wrong.

In any case I will still be sending out spreadsheets/receiving them but I will be putting the closing date on hold until I hear back from Dav, just in case, there are any adjustments that have to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

hehehe, nothing wimpy about it at all :)

There's no problems with the kit or anything, we want nothing more than to see people spinning around the country with this jersey on them, I just want to iron out some of the details and see if we can help out in some way.

[edit]
    You posted just as I was typing :) Will get to that PM now, thanks for the swift response!

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

hey

don't want to throw a spanner in your works but here goes

ordered some gear from fernando carvalho a few years ago - less than happy with the quality and fit - the fit of the jerseys in particular was brutal

changed supplier to Endura in Scotland http://www.endura.co.uk/, the gear is far superior quality, fit is great and they work out slightly cheaper. and they deliver on time...

just food for thought :)

• Advertisement

boomdocker wrote: »
    hey

don't want to throw a spanner in your works but here goes

ordered some gear from fernando carvalho a few years ago - less than happy with the quality and fit - the fit of the jerseys in particular was brutal

changed supplier to Endura in Scotland http://www.endura.co.uk/, the gear is far superior quality, fit is great and they work out slightly cheaper. and they deliver on time...

just food for thought :)

Sorry Boomdocker but there was a vote, and its to much hassle to start that again. Reports are, from a few on boards, that they have improved.

Everyone has good and bad points for suppliers, I put up 6 and these guys were the winners. I even posted up alternatives during the poll but no one was available to try out. Thanks though, sorry it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Just wondering how the fit of the boards gear would relate to standard retail carvalho stuff?
    Super impressed with all the gear. Looks great.

When your PMing me:

Include your e-mail address

I can't stress that enough, no e-mail, no order,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Dav wrote: »
    hehehe, nothing wimpy about it at all :)

There's no problems with the kit or anything, we want nothing more than to see people spinning around the country with this jersey on them, I just want to iron out some of the details and see if we can help out in some way.

Help out in some way, like pay for kit for the original designers and the guy who's doing all the leg work on this order... that's a great idea, and mighty nice of Boards :p

...if only

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

For the sake of brand consistency, they may need you to use the official 'boards.ie' logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Dilemma, do I spend 50ish euros on the Boards Shorts or put it towards a new bike computer since my last one got smashed... hummm, considering the polar CS200.... hummm hummmmm hummmmm hummmmm

(what I need is the bike computer, what I want are the shorts)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Get the shorts and count revs in your head...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bluefoam wrote: »
    For the sake of brand consistency, they may need you to use the official 'boards.ie' logo.

Oh look, there's a wasps nest. Lets poke it with a stick!

Hope this is just a simple yes/no but I presume the user-name is optional, yea? And that I don't have to get it. Because as you can see my user-name's not exactly too imaginative.

You can get username or not, your call.

I should have said this before but if you want personalisations etc, mention it in the notes or just mail me if you have already e-mailed in and i'll sort it out
    Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Just wondering how the fit of the boards gear would relate to standard retail carvalho stuff?

Sizes are posted here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65544473&postcount=27

It would be illogical for their sizing to be different for custom stuff compared to retail gear as that would cause confusion but the above gives specifics.
    Bluefoam wrote: »

They might, we're discussing it now. If any changes are made they'll be posted and mailed round. If anyone has a problem with this well, leave it till tomorrow (please, my head is already doing a number on me today).
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    Dilemma, do I spend 50ish euros on the Boards Shorts or put it towards a new bike computer since my last one got smashed... hummm, considering the polar CS200.... hummm hummmmm hummmmm hummmmm

(what I need is the bike computer, what I want are the shorts)

What do you need a computer for, if there's nothing keeping tabs on you, there is no reason to stop cycling (in your brand new shorts).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

WHO LIKES SHORT SIZE AS PER SIZING CHART ON WEBSITE SHORTS

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I know why the admins noticed, the OP is Post of the Day :) All boardsies will be on the lookout for jerseys now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

CramCycle wrote: »
    Names etc are a fiver per name ie back = 5e, front +back = 10e

PM me, with your e-mail.

Is there an option for the name on the sleeve? Or am I being a pain in the arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Would it be possible to get a sticker/ decal in the style of the agreed jersey?

I'd like some for my bikes. It's unlikely I'll ever been in a jersey (too lean and muscly).

DFD*

*DefinedForeDelts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Is there an option for the name on the sleeve? Or am I being a pain in the arse?

Don't really want to change the design to allow for sleeve names at this stage :) lazy gimp that I am.

Would it be possible to get a sticker/ decal in the style of the agreed jersey?

Decals are a great idea. If you can find a supplier I'll be happy to try and design something for you.

All provisional on Boards being cool with current design of course.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I think it's a brilliant design and colour scheme and have just ordered the lot.
    If it's here before September I'm going to race in the kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Sorry Boomdocker but there was a vote, and its to much hassle to start that again. Reports are, from a few on boards, that they have improved.

Everyone has good and bad points for suppliers, I put up 6 and these guys were the winners. I even posted up alternatives during the poll but no one was available to try out. Thanks though, sorry it's too late.

no worries, hope it works out good for you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm afraid I have to ask more questions...
    Carvalho wrote:
    Measuring the torso length from the bottom of the collar to the hem at the bottom of the jersey size large jersey gives a 61cm, then add 4cm length for each size up or down, so an XL is 65cm and XXL 69cm. The best advise is that if someone is an XL chest but less than 6’1 then they should go for an 11- (minus) and if they are an XXL chest and less than 6’3 they should go for a size XXL- or XXL--.

Any idea if the length quoted is at the front or back of the jersey? Reason I ask is my (nicely fitting) size L Lusso jersey (42" chest, 36" waist) measures 77cm collar to hem at the back and 59cm collar to hem at the front.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Any idea if the length quoted is at the front or back of the jersey? Reason I ask is my (nicely fitting) size L Lusso jersey (42" chest, 36" waist) measures 77cm collar to hem at the back and 59cm collar to hem at the front.

I have e-mailed Nicole about this, will know by tomorrow.

boards_kit_2010.jpg

Gilet.jpg

boards_cap_revamp.jpg

Here are the final designs, all approved, enjoy.

Round of Applause to Daragh_ who pulled all this together.

Anyone who has not got an e-mail yet should PM me again, just in case.

On a separate note, I can't actually remember the time I called for the submissions but I'll wrap it up Tuesday(27/4/10), I'll get the prices out Wednesday night, I'll send my bank a/c details and paypal details at the same time. Then I'll give till Monday(3/5/10) to give everyone time to sort out payment, make minor changes and I'll place the order that day.

That way they should be here before the end of June.

I said in an earlier post about getting changes made to the sizes for slight different fits on people:

I didn't know wether the adjustments I mentioned referred to the front or back, here is the answer:
    That was measures from the front, if you need anything further please let me know.

Carvalhos words, not mine before someone points out anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Can we order the older design too? (I kind of prefer the older stuff but the shorts are crap quality)

penexpers wrote: »
    Can we order the older design too? (I kind of prefer the older stuff but the shorts are crap quality)

Of course, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the form.
    The new and the old jersey are ordered on the same form.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I said in an earlier post about getting changes made to the sizes for slight different fits on people:

I didn't know wether the adjustments I mentioned referred to the front or back, here is the answer:

Carvalhos words, not mine before someone points out anything.

Oh right, the measurement I sent you was measured at the back, shall I re-measure and send on the front size?

@ Signal_Rabbit

that'd be great, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Just looking at the finalised designs.
    Am I correct in thinking that the shorts will be the medium weight shorts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement