Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh!t-stirring

Options
  • 17-04-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

is great!

Been doing it all day.

Poking around with flexible rods in a manhole filled with unspeakable things, hoping for the bloody drain to clear while permanently on the verge of puking into said hole.

Great way to spend a Saturday

How sh!tty has your day been?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had to listen to Manchester Utd win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mike65 wrote: »

Not even on the same scale that ...it's only a game, don't you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

You must smell like crap OP, a Bluebottle has settled on your avatar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Think some Moderator's kid has logged into his dad's account folks.

Anyone got his phone number? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Wow OP , in this weather that must have been some fun.

Me, I have had a great day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Had a big fry cooked by the oul lad cos i stayed at home last night..sat out in the sun until lunchtime catchin up on how the week went. Strolled on Malahide beach for an hour (beautiful) and now chillin with a glass of vino!

Could be worse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

I'm shovelling 24 tons of gravel, (not right now of course, having the spuds).
    Half way done, must go back to it.

Remember not to bite your finger nails peasant. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I was minding my own business in my cess-pit when some baxtard came along with a big pole... It's not really so bad once you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Drake66

peasant wrote: »
    is great!

Been doing it all day.

Poking around with flexible rods in a manhole filled with unspeakable things, hoping for the bloody drain to clear while permanently on the verge of puking into said hole.

Nothing like getting stuck in and clearing a blocked drain. Proper manly work. The whiff at the start is pretty bad though.

Make sure the threads of the rods are nice and undamaged. I made a poor mistake once. I wanted to give it one more woosh so I added a final rod whose thread was a bit damaged: poor decision on my part. Two pushes later it detaches itself at the joint and the whole thing goes into the drain. I had to get up close and personal with the sewer, roll up the sleeve and stick the arm down into it to get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

is great!

Been doing it all day.

You meant actual sh*t stirring as opposed to metaphorical sh*t stirring.

Nice. Have fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Expect a friend request from the Bantam shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've been hungover all day, way 2 much black pudding sandwiches and vodka last night, had a tbone for luch and fell asleep on the couch for the afternoon, I've had more productive days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Think some Moderator's kid has logged into his dad's account folks.

Anyone got his phone number? :)

Who? The Dad or the kid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i had a snickers.

i might have a second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Least you're outside OP, I'm in work all day looking at the many Facebook updates from friends depicting a joyus scene of cold beer drinking in a sunny beer garden.

This sucks or 'FML' as I believe is the new phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I have had a great day today.

Korean classes from 9:30 to 1:30.

came home and chatted to the g.f for a while, had a power nap and a bit to eat.

went out for a run on the island I live on. ended up doing 12.5km which also involved running up a mountain and stopping for a refreshing splash of water at a waterfall.

ran home, had a shower.

G.f made me my dinner and I watched united win against city.

Now I'm lying in bed watching the chelsea game and malouda just had a goal disallowed as I typed this.

So, all in all, quite a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Once our drain got blocked and I had to remove two weeks of back-up ****. Had to drain it all to get to the blockage.

52 litres, measured in milk cartons. 52 litres of ****. By hand.

banquo wrote: »
    Once our drain got blocked and I had to remove two weeks of back-up ****. Had to drain it all to get to the blockage.

52 litres, measured in milk cartons. 52 litres of ****. By hand.

You win ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I should have been in Fuerteventura today!!! Flights cancelled. :mad:

Instead of feeling sorry for myself though.....

I woke up about 12. Had some breakfast and watched some football. Took a spin to Ballybunion and lay for 3 glorious hours on the beach. Just back now and sipping on a tasty pre-workout choc shake before an hour in the gym. Get home and have dinner about 8.30. Shower and meeting a load of mates tonight for drinks. Good times. All going well the holiday will happen next weekend!

Fizman wrote: »
    IAll going well the holiday will happen next weekend!

nope ..next weekend is when MY holiday will (not) happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Add that to Chelsea losing 2-0 atm, it's been a fasntastic day so far.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

I had to listen to Leeds United lose

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

cloneslad wrote: »
    I have had a great day today.

Korean classes from 9:30 to 1:30.

came home and chatted to the g.f for a while, had a power nap and a bit to eat.

went out for a run on the island I live on. ended up doing 12.5km which also involved running up a mountain and stopping for a refreshing splash of water at a waterfall.

ran home, had a shower.

G.f made me my dinner and I watched united win against city.

Now I'm lying in bed watching the chelsea game and malouda just had a goal disallowed as I typed this.

So, all in all, quite a good day.
    :eek: Sounds like paradise Mongolia does! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I had to listen to Leeds United lose
    You would think that you'd be used to it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

had my usual lie in of a saturday.

got up, paid a guy for a nixer (tiling), went and got paid for a nixer (computer repair).

tackled the big mountain of statements, bills, and various other crap that had built into a nice pile beside my computer here. Still not finished. drinking tea right now, and about to get back to it. i have lever arch folders god damn it and I'm going to use them. oh, and an A4 hole punch.

now that may sound very organised but it only happens twice a year. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

mikom wrote: »
    Expect a friend request from the Bantam shortly.

Hmmm.... sluiced out a ripe lad this am, circa 0830, nothing but net, sphinct. snapped shut like an airplane door, pressed the plunger and off she went happy as larry.

That lad needs to check his diet, too much stodge can weigh down the stool and it becomes a 'bottom dragger' , hard to get rid of, those cnunts, and clog the system especially in hot weather when there can be a bit of expansion in the pipes.

Also it is not too good to break up the load, better dealing with one bolus, rather than a load of soft sludge.

Hope it didn't spoil his day and he will be bunting out nice lightweight well formed stools before long.

regards Mik.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If FlutterinBantam can't give expert advice on stools and such matters, then no one can. A wise sage of 'Dump' if there ever was one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had a lie-in until 11.30, had a fry-up, then the plans I had for today got cancelled so I stayed home instead watching my 'Glee' DVD and eating Galaxy minstrels. :)

Advertisement