Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need 1st year geography notes

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey,

I know people hate when asked but am chancing my arm regardless. :o

I desperately need Geography notes for 1st year Physical Geog & Environment and Rural Environment, the lecturers for these classes take the notes down off blackboard after each class and I am missing heaps of them...

Anyone??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

gudbuzz wrote:
    Hey,

I know people hate when asked but am chancing my arm regardless.

I desperately need Geography notes for 1st year Physical Geog & Environment and Rural Environment, the lecturers for these classes take the notes down off blackboard after each class and I am missing heaps of them...

Anyone??!!

Firstly,
    yes you are chancing your arm, seriously why should somebody help you when you're too lazy to even come up with a decent excuse? I mean, where have the days gone when people used to come up with great tails of despair when looking for notes? The, "Oh I was in hospital... etc..." used to be a great one!:rolleyes:

Secondly,
    they're not that hard of exams, ask your tutor about what they consists of (i.e. what questions). I remember from my days as a first year that the Physical Geography and the Environment module is an essay in the exam on the link between atmospheric processes and the physical (i.e. terrestrial) environment, am I right in assuming that things haven't changed all that much?

Right, since I've taken the piss for this length I might as well throw in something useful.:D Get yourself a copy of this book in that building with all of the books, ya know, the library.;)
    Then read the some stuff on the changing climate, more heat, more precipitation (rain), and what effect that this might have on the physical environment. So for this talk about land being flooded, increased flooding risk, where this might take place, what impacts this might have, what measures might be pursued. Give examples, all you'll need is a few lines from the abstract and that'll sort you. Give an in-text citation, e.g. "according to Sweeney et al. (2007) increased heat in the south east of Ireland may have a significant impact on precipitation". This shows the examiner you've read something. Don't read stuff that goes to far back in time, i.e. keep it within the last say fifteen years. Have a structure in your essay, state clearly in your introduction what you intend on discussing, discuss it, and conclude. Don't waffle, two solid pages of succint information is worth more than five pages of waffle.

If you follow these easy steps, learn a bit and write a couple of pages (I'm guessing you can manage that) then you should do quite well, depending on how you did in the physical essay for JT.

Advertisement