Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The snow storms of March 30th 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

owenc wrote: »
    LIER!! you cant see the us from there or anywhere else in the british isles!

True, but you'd be amazed what I can see from here Owen... with the right weather I can see penguin ****e in the Antarctic. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

From the cliffs of Duneen nothing is impossible "you'll see the high rocky mountains from the west coast of Clare"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Owen C, I've belatedly realised you are the World's foremost WUM. I salute you Owen C and your fantastic work. I suspect you can't believe for how long the rest of us have continued to take you seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Here's a pic of Lough Bray on side of Kippure, Co Wicklow Mar 31st

25561_378950009316_584929316_3844360_477308_n.jpg

more pics here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055776034&page=11

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sq_forever

pics of the snow in glangevlin in west cavan from the 30th of March. Took 2 days to clear the road. Village was cut off for the same time. Now i understand about the media only reporting snow when it falls in Dublin! enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sq_forever

and some more

Cheers to the weather forum for keeping me informed over this fantastic winter. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great pics sq!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sq_forever wrote: »
    pics of the snow in glangevlin in west cavan from the 30th of March. Took 2 days to clear the road. Village was cut off for the same time. Now i understand about the media only reporting snow when it falls in Dublin! enjoy

Holy carp! :) Great pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

WOW!! And none of this was reported on the news?!

Thats even more impressive than the winter snow cos it happened in Spring!!:eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

and some more

Cheers to the weather forum for keeping me informed over this fantastic winter. Keep up the good work.

thats what it was like here.. nearly all melted down now in the 15c temps.

• Advertisement

Cherrycola wrote: »
    WOW!! And none of this was reported on the news?!

Thats even more impressive than the winter snow cos it happened in Spring!!:eek::eek:

sure they didnt report the snow here either. but thats worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

It's always worse in coleraine . . .that snow in cavan wasn't even on high mountains, was it???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Try to keep things calm in here please.

Great pics sq i had no idea the snow was that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

crikey. when i saw those photos at first i thought it was a piss take - that there were really taken somewhere in America or Canada. as someone said what makes it even more impressive is that they were taken at the end of March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Great pictures, no wonder there were collapsed farm buildings and cattle dying in Cavan.

It was extreme snow while it fell and the strong winds to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Talking to a local farmer yesterday, he lost cows and calf's last week he only found them when the snow melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭arctictree

Only reading this now. There were cars abandoned on our road. Big snow drifts blown in from the fields. A good few inches of lying snow that morning. i checked the temp before I left and it was -0.3c at 7:30am and snowing hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

unbelievable absolutely amazing,to think that happened in this country :eek:

It's always worse in coleraine . . .that snow in cavan wasn't even on high mountains, was it???

ugh sure you wouldn't know because you don't live here.. you live over in germany going by your location so you wouldn't see snow like that.. 2cm would shock you and i have seen more than 5cm in one shower so ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

jambofc wrote: »
    unbelievable absolutely amazing,to think that happened in this country :eek:

indeed. i'm still having a hard time believing they were taken in Ireland That snow storm seems to have been as bad as any in recent memory, yet but for this place we'd have never known how bad it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

A couple of pics from wicklow

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture043-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It was a horrendous time for many

Not the huge drifts here, but the collie went walkabout in the blizzard and trying to find her was a nightmare. Was covered in snow after a few minutes.

Still a few small patches to be seen.

Advertisement