Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Hook just said

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I didn't think Hooky was all that bad but fair play to the lads, Daymobrew, great job. €1,000 to charity, fair play to George, I can't believe he laughed it off :D but it was an excetionally generious amount to give.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

leftism wrote: »
    Their opinion was "getting knocked down serves you right for trying to cycle to work! Don't you know how dangerous it is?"
    This is such an annoying perception - that is why I wanted to get my point about it out there.

I happily cycle around with my 2 year old on the back of my bike because I feel that it is not dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

daymobrew wrote: »
    I happily cycle around with my 2 year old on the back of my bike because I feel that it is not dangerous.
    Baby killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Podcast/copy around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Dont have the podcast but here is Shane's video evidence for Hooky :

http://www.likeplace.ie/blog/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Gavin wrote: »
    Podcast/copy around ?

If you go to the news talk website and go too the 'live' tab and then the 'listen back' tab in the pop up box you'll be able to pick out Georges show from earlier today - its in three parts so should be easy to find the cycling part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

'Listen Again' isn't up yet for today's show.

I sent in my video during the show this evening as I realised that I'd sent it to the wrong e-mail address a few days ago (sorry Rothar!). In the accompanying text I invited George to come for a cycle around town some time, day or night, so he can see things from the perspective of the saddle. I'll keep ye posted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Try:

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback

Scroll to the The Right Hook and click on the Hooks Head or Programme name ( NOT the Show Page ) and then select the day ( today's obviously )

Part 2 23.24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 LikePlace

Before it goes live on News Talk, I have put a (admittedly poor quality) MP3 recording on the LikePlace blog.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

LikePlace wrote: »
    Before it goes live on News Talk, I have put a (admittedly poor quality) MP3 recording on the LikePlace blog.

Shane
    Jeez did you do that with a microphone to the speaker... ah memories.

Home_taping_is_killing_music.png

Good on Shane (you?) and Daymobrew, you came across very well.

And good on George for putting his money where his mouth was, I am very impressed with that and €1,000 was more than he had to.

Still would have liked to have heard Kona mind you...

• Advertisement

Yep old reel to reel taping.
    Low tech 80-style.

(Of course, all copyright to NewsTalk. Will remove when their podcast is live.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

LikePlace wrote: »
    Yep old reel to reel taping.
    Low tech 80-style.

(Of course, all copyright to NewsTalk. Will remove when their podcast is live.)

It's up, you need to go into live and then listen back. I'm listening to it now because customers hi-jacked me so didn't hear it all, bloody customers, how dare they look for service.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's up, you need to go into live and then listen back. I'm listening to it now because customers hi-jacked me so didn't hear it all, bloody customers, how dare they look for service.
    But you said you were going to hide in the toilet listening to the radio (I was a little concerned as to what anyone would have made of overhearing an exchange between daymobrew and George Hook on the merits or otherwise of RLJs taking place in the cubicle next door:))

Yup, it is live now. That was fast.
    Will link to it from our site.

To find it...
    - GO to News Talk homepage
    - Near the bottom click the image that says "Listen Back".
    - From the list click George
    - A list of George's programmes will appear by date.
    - Scroll to the bottom to see today's programme.
    - Go to Part 2 and fast forward to minute 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

blorg wrote: »
    Jeez did you do that with a microphone to the speaker... ah memories.
    I used to record TV themes (Airwolf, Hardcastle & McCormack) from a very crappy TV speaker - no NICAM stereo for me!
    I recorded the piece to my Sky+ box - yeah, you can record the radio stations it broadcasts.
    blorg wrote: »
    Still would have liked to have heard Kona mind you...
    I think he would have risen to George asking me if saw him as "The Great Satan". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

@daymorebrew: Nice interview, very articulate and nice verbal positioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

leftism wrote: »
    good job man!
    Its wierd but the huge increases in cyclists commuting combined with stupid comments being made by journalists et al. is creating a real division between motorists and cyclists. I myself had 2 of my friends give out to me over my accident yesterday. Their opinion was "getting knocked down serves you right for trying to cycle to work! Don't you know how dangerous it is?"

I got the same thing after my accident yesterday "get a car" and "madness cycling in this weather". thanks.

Beasty wrote: »
    But you said you were going to hide in the toilet listening to the radio (I was a little concerned as to what anyone would have made of overhearing an exchange between daymobrew and George Hook on the merits or otherwise of RLJs taking place in the cubicle next door:))

Yeah, was on the way there and some Tommy Walshs started asking me to measure furniture but I did hear most of it. It's typical, nobody walks into the shop all day and when I want a couple of minutes to listen to the radio they start asking me questions. On that note, I remember going into the changing booth of a champion sports last year and from the cublicle next door I heard a womans voice saying, "stop you're hurting, I'll call security" etc....... I was half freaked out and then a male voice goes "that's from the latest film" etc....... feckin speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Yeah, was on the way there and some Tommy Walshs started asking me to measure furniture ....

So how short is 4ft6 this week? :D

CheGuedara wrote: »
    So how short is 4ft6 this week? :D

Very short only 1.47 meters, I thought it was going to be more around the 54 inch mark myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I've been following this thread since I heard George's comment last week and though "Oh he'll regret saying that" :D

The piece last night was really good but as soon as it was over the next text he reads out is one from a woman driver who said "I just saw 3 cyclists break red lights - I pay road tax and they don't!!"

I wish George would correct people on texts like that, the same way that well-informed presenters like Sean Moncrieff and Eamon Keane do. George proceeded to do a piece on movies and DVDs and got every reference, actor name and movie title wrong, much to the chagrin of the movie guy :rolleyes:

He's like my dad - getting old and belligerent but I'll still always listen to him :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Malari wrote: »
    I've been following this thread since I heard George's comment last week and though "Oh he'll regret saying that" :D

The piece last night was really good but as soon as it was over the next text he reads out is one from a woman driver who said "I just saw 3 cyclists break red lights - I pay road tax and they don't!!"

I wish George would correct people on texts like that, the same way that well-informed presenters like Sean Moncrieff and Eamon Keane do. George proceeded to do a piece on movies and DVDs and got every reference, actor name and movie title wrong, much to the chagrin of the movie guy :rolleyes:

He's like my dad - getting old and belligerent but I'll still always listen to him :o

So where's the reason for him to change. He's basucally useles and you know this and still listen to him? Why would he bother changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

So where's the reason for him to change. He's basucally useles and you know this and still listen to him? Why would he bother changing?

Relax, I find it entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Matt Cooper is by very far the best in that time slot on Irish Radio...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

Matt Cooper is by very far the best in that time slot on Irish Radio...
    but does he cycle to work?

Advertisement