Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated Jailbroken Phone To Version 3.1.3 By Accident......HELP !!!!!!!

Options
  • 08-02-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I did the latest software update on the iPhone by accident :o. I have surfed the net in despair on trying to get a fix, regarding downgrading to 3.1.2 software, but no luck. It seems Apple have stopped signing the older Firmware :(. I think I'm screwed until the hacking community come out with release for 3.1.3 or else wait until OS 4.0 is released......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Hi Guys

I did the latest software update on the iPhone by accident :o. I have surfed the net in despair on trying to get a fix, regarding downgrading to 3.1.2 software, but no luck. It seems Apple have stopped signing the older Firmware :(. I think I'm screwed until the hacking community come out with release for 3.1.3 or else wait until OS 4.0 is released......
    did you store your shsh file on sauriks server when you were offered first time you started cydia ? only then can you downgrade,
    if not your stuck for a while, maybe forever !! :eek::D:D
    did you have a look here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BOBBY wrote: »
    did you store your shsh file on sauriks server when you were offered first time you started cydia ? only then can you downgrade,
    if not your stuck for a while, maybe forever !! :eek::D:D
    did you have a look here

+1

If you had previously jb there is a good chance that Cydia (saurik) has your ECID shsh on file .
    Can you remember hitting "make my life easier" in Cydia or seen something like " This device has SHSH on file"at the top of the Cydia window??

This will allow you to point your iTunes (fool it) to Saurik server which will hold a backup 3.1x .isp for your phone .

Here is his instructions on how to change iTunes to look at Sauriks server 'v' the iTunes server .

Bypassing the Overlord

To this end, I have constructed a server that duplicates the functionality exposed by Apple's signature server, except using "on file" results rather than live requests.
    All we need, then, is to make iTunes use it. Luckily, most operating systems also have the ability to locally define bypasses on specific hostnames through a file called hosts. Using this, we can redirect requests to Apple's signature server to Cydia.
    So, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.
    This server will also act as a cache for any SHSH blobs it hasn't seen, acting as an intermediary to Apple's server. This effectively registers your device with the "on file" mechanism, which means you can now enjoy the protections of being able to downgrade your firmware in the future even if you aren't jailbroken.

Hope this Helps.

M

UPDATED

Down-arrow.gif

Heres a better guide i found ....It may help .take note of the paragraph in bold !

Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows

This Windows guide will teach you how to restore your iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 using the SHSH details stored on Cydia for your 3GS.

This method also works to restore iPhone 3GS devices to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 for many that have encountered an error with sn0wbreeze (as long as you haven't panic'd and done a normal 3.1.3 restore via iTunes already).

If you have already restored on stock Apple firmware 3.1.3 via iTunes this guide may leave your phone unable to connect to the network (the 3.1.3 baseband and 3.1.2 firmware may not work well together).

The first requirement is that Cydia has your SHSH details stored for 3.1.2. If you have opened Cydia and seen green text at the top "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.2" then you can restore to 3.1.2.

shshs.jpg

You need to edit your host file to connect to Saurik's server instead of Apples to sign the 3.1.2 firmware when you restore.

Download iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 firmware

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users make sure the program Notepad has Administrator privileges (find Notepad, right click, select Run as Administrator).

On your Windows PC Browse C->WINDOWS->system32->drivers->etc
    (if you installed Windows on a different drive letter browse to that on instead of "C")
    Right click on hosts and select Open.

1.png

Choose Notepad and click OK.

2.png

Add "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" at the end of the file. Save it.

3.png

Before continuing enter restore mode. One way to do this is disconnect your phone from the computer and turn your phone off. Start iTunes. Hold the home button on your phone and plug it in. Continue holding the home button until iTunes indicates you are in restore mode.

4.png

Now you'll be at a screen similar to the one below. Hold the Shift key while you click Restore.

5.png

Browse to the 3.1.2 firmware file you downloaded earlier. Select it and click Open.

6.png

Click Restore.

7.png

iTunes will does its thing.

8.png
    9.png
    10.png
    11.png
    12.png

Once done your phone will reboot and you'll be back on 3.1.2.

13.png
    14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

This is very good, shoud be sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mixednuts wrote: »
    Heres a better guide i found ....It may help .take note of the paragraph in bold !

This Windows guide will teach you how to restore your iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 using the SHSH details stored on Cydia for your 3GS.

This method also works to restore iPhone 3GS devices to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 for many that have encountered an error with sn0wbreeze (as long as you haven't panic'd and done a normal 3.1.3 restore via iTunes already).

If you have already restored on stock Apple firmware 3.1.3 via iTunes this guide may leave your phone unable to connect to the network (the 3.1.3 baseband and 3.1.2 firmware may not work well together).

The first requirement is that Cydia has your SHSH details stored for 3.1.2. If you have opened Cydia and seen green text at the top "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.2" then you can restore to 3.1.2.

shshs.jpg

You need to edit your host file to connect to Saurik's server instead of Apples to sign the 3.1.2 firmware when you restore.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users make sure the program Notepad has Administrator privileges (find Notepad, right click, select Run as Administrator).

(if you installed Windows on a different drive letter browse to that on instead of "C")

1.png

2.png

3.png

Before continuing enter restore mode. One way to do this is disconnect your phone from the computer and turn your phone off. Start iTunes. Hold the home button on your phone and plug it in. Continue holding the home button until iTunes indicates you are in restore mode.

4.png

Now you'll be at a screen similar to the one below. Hold the Shift key while you click Restore.

5.png

Browse to the 3.1.2 firmware file you downloaded earlier. Select it and click Open.

6.png

Click Restore.

7.png

8.png
    9.png
    10.png
    11.png
    12.png

13.png
    14.png

Hi MixedNuts

I have tried to load Cydia on safari but it does not say at the top that my SHSH details are stored on Cydia servers. Are they autostored when you jailbreak first or do you have to manually store your details.

• Advertisement

Hi MixedNuts

I have tried to load Cydia on safari but it does not say at the top that my SHSH details are stored on Cydia servers. Are they autostored when you jailbreak first or do you have to manually store your details.

Mate ,
    I have loaded Cydia directly from my Safari browser and it does not show that my ECID shsh is stored either , when i load Cydia directly from my springboard it does show that its on file .
    So you cant load Cydia directly from your springboard cause your not jailbroken ? , the question is now if you have your ECID on sauriks Server or not ?
    Try and jog your memory ....Can u remember hitting "make my life easier" when you first loaded Cydia ? ..I cant remember hitting this but i must have cause my files are stored, good chance yours are to.

Look if i was you I would give it a go ( thats my opinion dont hold it against me if it dont work ) ..If it dont work just do a restore .
    If your using a 3GS is almost impossible to brick !

Nothing to loose ...

M.

Disclaimer : Your decision not mine :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

this only work for 3gs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

restored my 3gs no problem today, just did a clean install i hadn't upgraded or anything, thank you Saurik, you the man !!
    just to confirm it 100% works

3gs
    mc131b

BOBBY wrote: »
    restored my 3gs no problem today, just did a clean install i hadn't upgraded or anything, thank you Saurik, you the man !!
    just to confirm it 100% works

3gs
    mc131b

Bobby,
    I'm interested....

Why did you do a restore ?
    Did u follow the above instructions ?

• Advertisement

Bobby,
    I'm interested....

Why did you do a restore ?
    Did u follow the above instructions ?
    hey, no major reason, few niggly things were annoying me, JavaScript kept disabling itself, and my forum logins weren't being remembered, even tho i was ticking remember me and had cookies enabled,
    then the last few days my eirtext pro was failing to connect to 02, so somewhere along the line, and me tinkering in the terminal the phone wasnt running 100%. so i decided to give it a clean up, and delete some of the crap, i use an awful lot of customized apps and tweaks as opposed to pirated apps, so i guess they played with the internal workings of the os somehow
    but ya all i did was dl the stock 3.1.2 and added

to the end of the host file,
    shift and restore,
    got a little fright when it said "contacting apple" lol, but sure it was talking to sauriks server !
    sweet, all good again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Want to try this but am too worried won't work

sure the point of post was to verify it works,
    not too much we can do for you if your too chicken !! :D

+1

If you had previously jb there is a good chance that Cydia (saurik) has your ECID shsh on file .
    Can you remember hitting "make my life easier" in Cydia or seen something like " This device has SHSH on file"at the top of the Cydia window??

This will allow you to point your iTunes (fool it) to Saurik server which will hold a backup 3.1x .isp for your phone .

Here is his instructions on how to change iTunes to look at Sauriks server 'v' the iTunes server .

Bypassing the Overlord

To this end, I have constructed a server that duplicates the functionality exposed by Apple's signature server, except using "on file" results rather than live requests.
    All we need, then, is to make iTunes use it. Luckily, most operating systems also have the ability to locally define bypasses on specific hostnames through a file called hosts. Using this, we can redirect requests to Apple's signature server to Cydia.
    So, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.
    This server will also act as a cache for any SHSH blobs it hasn't seen, acting as an intermediary to Apple's server. This effectively registers your device with the "on file" mechanism, which means you can now enjoy the protections of being able to downgrade your firmware in the future even if you aren't jailbroken.

Hope this Helps.

M

UPDATED

Down-arrow.gif

Hi guys
    I tried the above steps but keep getting this error.

captureig.png

Follow the other guide I posted ... The one below the big red arrow , the updated one.

By the way what sim do u plan on using ?

shshs.jpg

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Click Restore.

7.png

8.png
    9.png
    10.png
    11.png
    12.png

Hey MixedNuts

The method above was the one I used. :confused:

I'm not concerned over the 1015 error , it could be just communicating with Sauriks server ... What stage of the process are you getting the error ?
    What happens when you hit ok ?

Here i have done this guide , it is a variation on my previous post with some Golden rules and additions

It should help

Thanks mixed.
    I will try that later and see what happens :)

Follow the other guide I posted ... The one below the big red arrow , the updated one.

By the way what sim do u plan on using ?

Plan on using O2 SIM Mixednuts

• Advertisement

Plan on using O2 SIM Mixednuts

Good that's the official carrier , follow the new guide I sent you.
    The only concern I have is if your SHSH hash files are with CYDIA server , we still ain't established that.
    It's no harm to follow the guide , you won't do any damage.

Good that's the official carrier , follow the new guide I sent you.
    The only concern I have is if your SHSH hash files are with CYDIA server , we still ain't established that.
    It's no harm to follow the guide , you won't do any damage.

Yeah just hope the details are on CYDIA'S servers ;)

Hi Mixednuts that worked :D. But it shows the baseband is 05.12.01 will that work OK.
    Also in Itunes do I need to set it up as a new Iphone because if I click restore from my last backup I presume it will install 3.1.3 to the phone, or will the host file trick itunes ???

bump

Hi Mixednuts that worked :D. But it shows the baseband is 05.12.01 will that work OK.
    Also in Itunes do I need to set it up as a new Iphone because if I click restore from my last backup I presume it will install 3.1.3 to the phone, or will the host file trick itunes ???
    img0001u.png

Nice One...delighted !..Please block your IMEI :eek:

I see you have full bars on the 02 Network so the baseband IS WORKING !

Who said a "MC" model couldnt be rolled back and jailbroken :D

I would set it up as a new phone but read your PM's first ;)

you can select new phone, your contacts etc should still be safe in itunes and will sync, just dont hit that update button !!

Hey guys

I just connected my iphone to Itunes and did a sync, did not setup as new phone. It worked perfect all my apps, music, etc are back on the phone :D

Your Sorted Now.

Enjoy.

• Advertisement

thx

Advertisement