Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC second Grant installment

Options
  • 06-01-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

Out on feb 1st- I was in contact with them today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yeah confirmed this myself, first week in jan my hole useless b*stards :mad:

1st of feb for the second installment and 1st april for the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

GAAman wrote: »
    Yeah confirmed this myself, first week in jan my hole useless b*stards :mad:

1st of feb for the second installment and 1st april for the 3rd
    Yep- i'm gona be under serious pressure until first of feb- living on 25-30 quid a a week I'd say

I am the same rent is due today so it was supposed to be perfect timing and the landlord would not let me leave decembers rent until jan and pay two months (not like it was Christmas or anythin :rolleyes: ) so there is no chance they will let me do it now AND i have an exam tomorrow mornin with this crap on my mind! :mad:

Stupid me for thinking they would actually do what they said i keep forgetting at heart they are the corpo!

Ah well- tuna and toast for the month- its doable, just go to all the shops and get what ever is on sale. possible to live on 20 quid a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

The 1st Feb is a Monday, I thought the grant was paid into bank accounts on a Friday,at least the first installment was.

• Advertisement

The 1st Feb is a Monday, I thought the grant was paid into bank accounts on a Friday,at least the first installment was.
    You cant really base all your assumptions on how the first installment was paid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

At least you guys got first installment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone know if this Civil Service Go Slow will have any impact on the grant next week.

Anyone know if this Civil Service Go Slow will have any impact on the grant next week.

Well.....rather then typin everything out again im just gonna copy what i have wrote on the main grant thread

Just to let people know i got the remittance advice email this morning so the grant should be in my account in around 2 days (took that to clear last time)

Just to let everyone know mine is in now :)

• Advertisement

i haven't got an email yet,good to know it has started though.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Hey, remember they are supposed to send a email the day before it gets transacted. Well today its Sunday so its highly unlikely. Maybe you'll receive the email tomorrow and the money will be in your bank on Monday as well. Possibly on Tuesday, but all fingers crossed!

Please reply to this thread if you have any updates or if you get it.

I will be given them a call in the morning,also has anyone else other than GAA recieved their 2nd instalment.

The DCC grants section phone number is 01 2222161.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

how much is it ?

joekeville wrote: »
    how much is it ?

It depends on your living conditions. Around 900e, give or take.

p.s still hasn't arrived yet.

Give them a call tomorrow,I did this morning and due to a clerical error(BullShirt), my grant is delayed until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Give them a call tomorrow,I did this morning and due to a clerical error(BullShirt), my grant is delayed until Friday.

Mine hasnt gone in yet either..i'll be ringing them tomorrow..

..I never get emails before hand?

Yeah I'm guessing mine is delayed too but don't know 'till when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

It always amazes me how people never seem to learn how to manage their cash. Everyone knows there are likely to be delays, yet they're still broksie woksie when waiting for their grant.

Get a grip you lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sm124

masterbates such a great name by the way..........some people dont have that option for example being sent on erasmus and not being able to earn money or just the fact some people are genuinely poor and dont have jobs(it is a recession).you don't know anyones personal circumstances and how much they may rely on a grant.you seem to preach alot so maybe something you will learn in time is, that not everyones circumstances are the same as yours and some people may have bigger outgoings,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

any chance i'll get it before friday?

PomBear wrote: »
    any chance i'll get it before friday?

Try giving them a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

I rang them up today and they said it will be sometime during the next two weeks. Depending on which college you go to. Because before we get it the colleges have to confirm whos still attending.

Jaybl wrote: »
    I rang them up today and they said it will be sometime during the next two weeks. Depending on which college you go to. Because before we get it the colleges have to confirm whos still attending.
    1234055443685.jpg

Jaybl wrote: »

I sent them an email and this is what I got in return:

"We are waiting on a file from college to verify attendance of students for 2nd term as soon as we receive it your 2nd instalment will go to your bank account."

:mad:

I am going into them on Thursday if I don't get the email confirmation Tomorrow,this is dragging out far too long,

Go to your records office and ask for a sheet to prove you are registered for the second semiester and bring it to Wood Quay,if you are not in Dublin ring the DCC grants office, ask for a fax number and fax the sheet in tomorrow morning.

Got the email today, but my account hasn't been credited:confused:

Got mine too, it will take max 48hrs to clear,look forward to speaking to you all in April;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

Got mine too, it will take max 48hrs to clear,look forward to speaking to you all in April;)

Hopefully people will learn from this and not squander their grants so rapidly.:rolleyes:

Morons!

Advertisement