Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Ballyhoura on RTE 1 now

yep not bad surprised to see something interesting on nationwide

you can watch it here

http://www.rte.ie/news/nationwide/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Guess what the title of the section was?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

you can watch it here

good watch. Enjoyed that. Far cry from my self built trails!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Saw a guy last night riding up Camden street, iPod in, no hands, playing the pretend drums. Had to laugh given the conversations on here this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    Saw a guy last night riding up Camden street, iPod in, no hands, playing the pretend drums. Had to laugh given the conversations on here this week.

Reminds me of a guy I see on the Clontarf track. Every time I see him in the morning he is on a call on his mobile, riding with no hands, without fail.

I've not seen him for a while now, but I was always curious to know who he was talking to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    Reminds me of a guy I see on the Clontarf track. Every time I see him in the morning he is on a call on his mobile, riding with no hands, without fail.

I've not seen him for a while now, but I was always curious to know who he was talking to.

Was almost hit by a guy riding no hands on the mobile on Harcourt Street the other day. He didn't notice the pedestrian lights were red and I had to jump out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,042 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

He didn't notice the pedestrian lights were red green and I had to jump out of the way.

Surely?

Lumen wrote: »
    Surely?

I meant that he had a red, not me.

Surely?

Red for the man on the bike :)

I meant that he had a red, not me.

The same thing happened to me this morning, with a car.

For some reason (lack of sleep, probably) I attempted to deploy some sort of "you wanna piece of me, mofo" arms-akimbo gangster strut towards the offending vehicle, which I'm sure is much less convincing in reality than it appears in my head.

• Advertisement

The same thing happened to me this morning, with a car.

For some reason (lack of sleep, probably) I attempted to deploy some sort of "you wanna piece of me, mofo" arms-akimbo gangster strut towards the offending vehicle, which I'm sure is much less convincing in reality than it appears in my head.

I dunno man, you look pretty hard in that avatar

You weren't toting your trusty chainset?

You weren't toting your trusty chainset?

Unfortunately not, the teeth cause unacceptable wear to the lining of my manbag.

Unfortunately not, the teeth cause unacceptable wear to the lining of my manbag.

Perhaps you could fashion some sort of holster?

A bashring could certainly be utilised somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Broke a red light this morning. Caught by motorbike cop.
    Informed I will be receiving summons.
    Let that be lesson.

Empty street at 7am so I just cruised in thru.
    The shame.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Let that be lesson.

The shame.

You're a bad man.

Let that be lesson.

The shame.

Were you driving or cycling?

Were you driving or cycling?

Or walking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Bike.
    I took responsibility admitting I knew what I was doing and knew it was wrong. But I may have been a little smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

You should change your username to

RLJ

OK, but what to wear? I suggest full Liquigas kit. It's probably still on on special offer.

OK, but what to wear? I suggest full Liquigas kit. It's probably still on on special offer.

Excellent idea. You should arrive into the courtroom like you are in the middle of a race. Ask the judge to hurry the hell up before you loose too much sight of the main bunch.

I'm sure that will tickle the Irish judiciary's famous sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Let that be lesson.

The shame.

Operation Free Flow, huh! I think if you you do it smartly, like slow down greatly look both ways and don't be an eejit about RLJ then generally you're OK. A bit like a motorbike in the bus lane, I reckon you're ok as long as you're not taking the p!ss. Having said that if I'm on the bicycle and I see the florscent Gardai jackets I tend to track stand (badly!) at the lights. Garda Jeep pulled up beside me one day and said "you'll stop at the next set of red lights won't you?", I replied that I would, and I did, but not the ones after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

All the greats get done eventually - like Cipo on the motorway*, so it probably falls as being sligthly Euro.

At least it wasn't a commuter race and you celebrated as you coasted through the light like someone contesting the green jersey!

* he told the officer it was the only place he could safely get up to full speed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Didn't the Pirate get away with lots of brushing with the law in Italy. Vaguely remember seeing a picute of his 4x4 plowed into a parked car and him having a laugh with the cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Didn't the Pirate get away with lots of brushing with the law in Italy. Vaguely remember seeing a picute of his 4x4 plowed into a parked car and him having a laugh with the cop.

I think it was 20 cars, wasn't it? He was having trouble getting out of a parking space or something. (That and the steroid rage or coke psychosis or whatever the poor man had at the time.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

About red lights: At the top of Kill Avenue, junction with N11, there is a red light for cars turning left. The cycle lane, however, just has a yield sign painted on it. The left hand turning car lane has no such road painting.

My understanding is that it is not red light jumping because it is just telling me to yield to cyclists coming down the cycle path.

Or am I reading it all wrong? I kind of felt today like I was running a red light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Bang goes the theory on BBC1 are doing a human power station experiment for their show. It's popular science for the masses, simply trying to raise energy awareness, so don't be expecting any nobel winning scientists performing experiments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement