Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween costumes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I ordered a pair of cat eye contacts from this site... reasonably priced too I think http://www.eyesbright.com/

I'm still trying to put my outfit together... where would i find an all in one jumpsuit thingy? Currently thinking on wet look leggings if I can get some and a satin corset top. Bought fake whiskers in party shop on stephens green but not sure if I'll use them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

mandz wrote: »
    I ordered a pair of cat eye contacts
    What sort you get? I can't decide. Or else I was thinking of getting really blue ones without the cat-eye pupil.
    mandz wrote: »
    where would i find an all in one jumpsuit thingy?
    I have no idea, but I intend on finding out. I already posted that question here but no one answered. If I find something I will let you know fo shizza.
    Beware of ordering stuff from the UK at the moment by the way - with the postal strike they mightened arrive in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

loloray wrote: »
    Beware of ordering stuff from the UK at the moment by the way - with the postal strike they mightened arrive in time.

I ordered body paint last sunday from the UK and it was delivered yesterday. Other bits I've ordered in the last 2 weeks don't seem to have been affected either. Still something to keep in mind I guess; order early just to be safe I guess:)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

loloray wrote: »
    What sort you get? I can't decide. Or else I was thinking of getting really blue ones without the cat-eye pupil.I have no idea, but I intend on finding out. I already posted that question here but no one answered. If I find something I will let you know fo shizza.

I ordered the yellow ones last night. Just got an email to say they had been shipped today so hopefully I'll have them next week.:D

Think I'm just gonna go with the wet look leggings and satin corset-type top I originally planned. Jumpsuit may not be that flattering on my not so perfect figure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I have no idea, I have never dressed up before.. What should I go as(Guy here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Frankenstein is an easy one for lads...depends how creative you want to get

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just ordered my costume there. Hopefully all goes well and I get it in time to bloody it up! :D

Edit: I think I should make it a rule that if you post in this thread about your costume, you have to put a pic up later! ;)

I is sorted costume wise \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a black top hat?? :D I'm also looking for an underbust corset in black if anyone knows where I could pick one up (besides ebay!!) I'm in Cork!:)
    At the moment I'm being a ventrilaquist dummy or else a gothic rag doll!! i always change my mind so many times I end up with bits and pieces of a few different costumes and I know it's going to happen again this year!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Any ideas for a good costume for a 24 yr old? I'm a size 16/18 lady though so most of the slutty costumes wouldn't work. I'm not very creative am afraid and it's myf irst time dressing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm dressing up as the Gene Simmons aka The Demon from KISS. :D I've got wet look leggings, big studded New Rock knee boots, and a black fishnet top. Oh, and my Guitar Hero guitar!

I need a black corset, a long black leather studded arm cuff, some chains, studded belt, black wig and face paint. I'm super excited! My friend is gonna dress up as The Star Child! Hahah. Should be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Anyone who was looking for wet-look leggings,

I found some in Penney's on Henry Street in Dublin this weekend! - 7 euro.

Not many sizes left, 12 was the smallest I could find!

Might have more left in other stores, and a better variety of sizes!

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I'm dressing up as the Gene Simmons aka The Demon from KISS. :D I've got wet look leggings, big studded New Rock knee boots, and a black fishnet top. Oh, and my Guitar Hero guitar!

I need a black corset, a long black leather studded arm cuff, some chains, studded belt, black wig and face paint. I'm super excited! My friend is gonna dress up as The Star Child! Hahah. Should be awesome.

That sounds DEADLY!!!!:D
    Anyone who was looking for wet-look leggings,

I found some in Penney's on Henry Street in Dublin this weekend! - 7 euro.

Not many sizes left, 12 was the smallest I could find!

Might have more left in other stores, and a better variety of sizes!

They have black satin type ones in Dunnes aswell.

Special K wrote: »
    Any ideas for a good costume for a 24 yr old? I'm a size 16/18 lady though so most of the slutty costumes wouldn't work. I'm not very creative am afraid and it's myf irst time dressing up.

Again depends on how creative you want to be. Im a big fan of dressing up so even if you go as a witch Ill be proud of you.

Pirates are really easy to do. And involve loads of layers, so it wont be figure hugging, loose fitting gypsy top, boots and a skirt and youre pretty much sorted, get a bandana and an empty brown bottle (for the rum)

You can also pick up an old hat from somewhere and stick a big feather in it, they were only a few quid in the woolen mills.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Ok, thinking of going for an army look instead of the bumble bee idea.

Have the right shorts but does anyone know where I could get a camouflage top?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

BDR There are a few shops just off the end of Mary st I think it is, down by Capel st. You might find a camoflage top down there, I know you can get badges to sow onto clothes and stuff. Even if you can only find a mans one somewhere[try pennys too maybe, you never know] you could alter it like this maybe.
    Good Luck

I got my idea months ago and have been piecing it together since, don't want to say yet tho, but I shall post pics after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

howdy all,
    do any of ye know where i can find myself a smoking jacket?
    dressing up as hugh hefner and i need to get this fairly spot on
    hugh-hefner-and-girlfriend-holly-madison.jpg

something along the lines of that....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've got a coon-skin hat, like Davy Crockett; any idea where I'd get some of the other gear (or stuff that might look similarly!):

image052.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

fcleere wrote: »
    howdy all,

This might sound silly but you could try the womens section in Pennys or Dunnes as they sometimes do silky style robes and then you could just cut it or sew it up shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

Lady wrote: »
    This might sound silly but you could try the womens section in Pennys or Dunnes as they sometimes do silky style robes and then you could just cut it or sew it up shorter?

i was thinkin the same myself.had a quick look in dunnes today but no joy.may check penneys though.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

anyone know where i can get a mark anthony / roman soldier costume?
    my other half is going as cleopatra, this is the costume she is getting.

http://3wishes.com/images/queenofthenile-r.jpg

so i need something to go with it!

www.thecostumeshop.ie has loads of roman soldiers, and try any joke shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Hi everyone,

I was going to start this thread asking if anyone had seen something in the shops I need as part of my Halloween costume, then I thought others might be in the same position...
    So, if you're looking for an item, as part of your costume, or information where to find bits and bobs to customise a Halloween costume... post here!

On that note, does anyone know anywhere that's still selling wet-look leggings? ... I know they're not really in fashion anymore so they're harder to find than I thought :(
    (I'm being cat-woman, so they'd be perfect!)

I got mine on Ebay. My seller had it delivered in about 2/3 days. Twas pretty cheap considering the quality of it - Pigface in Saw by the way. Not the kind of thing you're after I'm sure.

By saying cheap and the quality - the quality was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

howdy all,

I'd say M&S.

howdy all,

You could also try a few charity shops around Dublin, I would imagine these sort of things get donated all the time1

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

im looking for white leotard, white leggins, (or even tights) an white/pink tutu?

AMerican apparel? They have lots of dancer type clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

ive a pair of stripper boots with a clear plastic platform and diamante from last year if anyone wants them.6 inch heel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXbusybeeXx

im dressing up as sandy from grease the sexy sandy at the end of the movie i have wet look leggings for the bottoms have the red shoes the wig and a leather jacket but has anyone any clue where i can get a short off the shoulder sleeve black top??

Try topshop or h n m, they have good jersey basics, other than that... customise!

• Advertisement

ive a pair of stripper boots with a clear plastic platform and diamante from last year if anyone wants them.6 inch heel!!

Do I want to ask what you dressed up as?

Advertisement