Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42" HD Ready TV's Half Price!

Options
  • 14-09-2009 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I was in Roscommon yesterday for a Sunday afternoon drive and I stopped off in the Homevalue store.

Ended up leaving after buying one of the Samsung 42" HD Ready TV's at 699 euros at just under half price it was too good to pass up!

Something to do with a 10 day 50% sale they have on at the minute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

*Cough* Homevalue Employee alert *Cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karenmorgan

Just checked on Argos online and the same TV is 999 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Just checked on Argos online and the same TV is 999 euros

Hi Karen, do you have the model number? (also do you work for HV?)
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

model number or spec info pls??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karenmorgan

No i dont work for HV i work for a firm in Dublin was just down in Roscommon for the weekend.

Not sure of the model number am in work at the minute but i can check when i get home. Its the 42" one. Below is the link to an image of the TV on the argos site if that helps at all!!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/14573724/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14573554/c_2/2|cat_14573554|Televisions|14573715/c_3/3|cat_14573715|40+and+42+inch+LCD+TVs|14573724/r_001/4|Brands|Samsung|1/r_003/5|Definition+(pixels)|HD+Ready|1.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

42" thats HD-ready? hmmm

No i dont work for HV i work for a firm in Dublin was just down in Roscommon for the weekend.

Not sure of the model number am in work at the minute but i can check when i get home. Its the 42" one. Below is the link to an image of the TV on the argos site if that helps at all!!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/14573724/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14573554/c_2/2|cat_14573554|Televisions|14573715/c_3/3|cat_14573715|40+and+42+inch+LCD+TVs|14573724/r_001/4|Brands|Samsung|1/r_003/5|Definition+(pixels)|HD+Ready|1.htm

Fair enough, for a minutes I though that you might have been the Karen Morgan that works for Morgan and Company Home Value in Monaghan :o, sorry about the mistaken identify.

btw, if you want to save some extra cash the same model is on sale for €606 (excluding delivery) on komplett http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=479595

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

1024x768 resolution.

Oh good lord.

:eek:
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/166541

42" Full HD, €540ish before delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I was in Roscommon yesterday for a Sunday afternoon drive and I stopped off in the Homevalue store.

Ended up leaving after buying one of the Samsung 42" HD Ready TV's at 699 euros at just under half price it was too good to pass up!

Err..

I spent €700 for a 42 inch HD ready (not full HD) Samsung in power city all of 2 years ago at the height of the pre-recession era.

Dunno the model, but it has
    2 HDMI ports (only use one for Freesat HD),
    a port for component (used by the wii)
    2 Scart Ports (UPC and DVD)
    1 PC VGA port with 'line in' for sound (used for RTE/TV3 catch up)
    and S-Video (no idea what thats for)

2 years later, I'd be expecting a model so similar to be a lot cheaper than the very same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It's €608 in DID...
    http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/PS42B451B1WXXSAMSUNG%20TV%20PLASMA/17266/317

Karen.....bring it back before you take it out of the box. What's your refund policy?;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

1024x768... come on.. seriously stop posting like this is a good TV at ANY price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/166541

42" Full HD, €540ish before delivery.

MUCH better deal!

So in conclusion the general consensus seems to be that the deal that Karen Morgan, who has no affiliation with HomeValue whatsoever (apart from coincidentally sharing a name), bought a TV from Homevalue in Roscommon, whilst on a Sunday afternoon drive from Dublin.

Homevalue were at the time having some form of 10 day 50% off deal, and she got the TV for €699, which according to the homevalue discount is normally priced at almost €1400 :eek:

However, it appears that this really is not that great a deal at all. Good think Karen does not work for HomeValue, as let's face it, it really does not look like much of a deal and it's certainly not something that you would want highlighting publicly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Hi Karen

Can you add your site here please: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334539

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

You're all meanies, leave poor Karen alone;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,878 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Slightly OT but just to note that the same model can be bought for €700 or less in N.I. Another good example of the pricing policies of companies operating on both sides of the border.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

I bought the Samsung LE40B530 40in Full HD Digital LCD TV with a 5 year warrantee for €649 in DID Galway yesterday about 5 mins before they closed the door at 6pm. It was on 3 day special over the weekend.

I bet if you were in today and talked nice you would get a similar deal. The unit is FullHD with digital tuner. I am currently picking up the Irish TV and radio channels without any mods to my ariel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 etak

Hey Karen
    Where in Roscommon are they? Is it the new one in Roscommon town or the one in Frenchpark? I think its a good deal but would like to see it.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

etak wrote: »
    Hey Karen
    Where in Roscommon are they? Is it the new one in Roscommon town or the one in Frenchpark? I think its a good deal but would like to see it.
    :cool:

:rolleyes:

You're doing your company more harm than good here.

It's already been explained how bad a deal it is. Give it up ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

MaxFlower wrote: »
    I bought the Samsung LE40B530 40in Full HD Digital LCD TV with a 5 year warrantee for €649 in DID Galway yesterday about 5 mins before they closed the door at 6pm. It was on 3 day special over the weekend.

I bet if you were in today and talked nice you would get a similar deal. The unit is FullHD with digital tuner. I am currently picking up the Irish TV and radio channels without any mods to my ariel.

it was 599 instore at the weekend and 560 online until 12 tonight - see the homepage :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

etak wouldn't be Kate, Karen's friend would it?

Lock it up boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

amazing scenes...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For f*cks sake lads!

Instead of taking the piss out of the OP, not one of ye reported the thread.

This seems be a common trend in BA recently. One thread last week about a scam website had about 3 - 4 humourous lolcat's after a merge was requested, yet no-one reported the post.

I'm seriously thinking of cracking down on posters who drag a thread breaking our charter into just a series of "lolcats" or humourous drawings instead of bringing the mods attention to the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement