Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before and After

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Sorry that's right !

I suppose getting older does not count either :o

Ok I will take the 2006 picture and compare to the IM in April..... might sucked the belly in for the picture :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Hi Seb, this is a before and after article, not the other way around :-)

The other way round could be funny, i'll try and dig up my '99 Marathon photo, when all my family siad i looked so so sick..

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

I'll never be tall and lean; Im short and stumpy and still have muscle from kickboxing but sure how bad! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

locteau wrote: »
    How do you had a picture but not as an attachement ?

img]

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

thanks for the reply (RE: picture)

Marie, that's great work well done !!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great work Marie, but you had a better suntan in September 2007. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

ok here goes the first one is when i had piled on the pounds and the second one is after the dublin marathon this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

greenplain wrote: »
    ok here goes the first one is when i had piled on the pounds and the second one is after the dublin marathon this year

Hi green, I think you were nicer with the long blonde hair!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

greenplain you really are only half the man you used to be :D
    couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

cheers lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't think I've got any handy pictures of me for a before and after comparison, but if anything I'd weigh more now than I did years ago and I'm not even close to having any excess weight on me now. Only one I can find for an "after" is this one from the marathon this year, I'm the one in red with the shades on.

I do have a picture from the London marathon back in '96 but I'll have to scan that in first once I can find it again.

Bump as promised. Come on get your before pics out for a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Hmmm. I found a picture of "fat me" but can't for the life of me figure out how to post it.
    I've turned into my father who took years to figure out the TV remote and texting and the like. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bren74

Fat me back in 2003 weighting in around 16 and half stone (yes that is a fag in my hand - 20 a day man back then) ....

and at the National Intermediates XC in Tymon Feb 09

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

bren74 wrote: »
    Fat me back in 2003 weighting in around 16 and half stone (yes that is a fag in my hand - 20 a day man back then) ....

Super stuff Bren - you win for me - I'd say you look about 10 years younger in the after. I was always scrawny so didn't lose much weight but did develop a gaunt "lollipop" head that had everyone "worried" about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Will stick up some pics later from home...

August 2008: 18st :rolleyes::eek:
    August 2009: 12st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

mloc123 wrote: »

Thats impressive

bren74 wrote: »

Very vrey impressive well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

There's been some amazing changes to runners on this thread, fair play! If I can find appropriate pics I'll add my own, from 14 stone in '07 to a little over 11 stone today - I'm only 5'7" so that's significant!

Was flicking through Runners World earlier and came across an article on this guy (warning: crap website!), shows that anybody with the right motivation and a bit of luck can do what you guys have done - and even go a little further!

See attached... still abit to go for race season next year. Ignore the 'photo face' :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

See attached... still abit to go for race season next year. Ignore the 'photo face' :D

Well done man, great tansformation ! You really put the work in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

First pic is me last summer i think and second is me after the half in clontarf(ohh that rhymes) on june 30th:)
    21 stone to at the moment 13.5 stone

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    First pic is me last summer i think and second is me after the half in clontarf(ohh that rhymes) on june 30th:)
    21 stone to at the moment 13.5 stone

Good work. That first picture isn't out in Maynooth is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

locteau wrote: »
    Actually got a few pictures.....
    68515.jpg
    Seb you do win the before/after fashion sense competition - those are some serious pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

mrak wrote: »
    Super stuff Bren - you win for me - I'd say you look about 10 years younger in the after. I was always scrawny so didn't lose much weight but did develop a gaunt "lollipop" head that had everyone "worried" about me.

I went through the lollipop head phase as well. Lots of whispering about whether I had the big C. Really it was the willpower running riot after years on the couch.

I'v eactualyl a funny photo from the race the other night, taken at the same point on the track in the same race a year apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good work. That first picture isn't out in Maynooth is it?
    Na its in good old Dublin bud:)

Ok. I've figured this out.
    Here's one from Saturday's race in the park and another from 2005.

:D That is so funny some transformation, unreal EE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Fag in the hand is a nice touch too. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Fag in the hand is a nice touch too. :pac:

I thought it was important to underline just how unfit I was a few years ago.

Advertisement