Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself 2009/10!

Options
  • 05-08-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Since it's coming up to the new academic year and with people moving on and new people joining, this is the place for everyone to make basic introductions. Here's the format from last year, but do chop/change the headings as you see fit:

Name:
    Year/Course:

Also, if you're looking for information on the Sports Clubs or the Societies that you might be interested in joining, click the links provided or else if you've a question about anything feel free to start a new thread.

In order to keep this thread clean-ish, any conversations will be deleted or split from this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Name: Damien
    Year/Course: MSc in Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Football(Aston Villa), Swimming(In water preferably but beer will do), Gaming(PS3), Music(Killers, Kings of Leon, Etc.), Gym

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Name: Richard
    Year/Course: JS CSLL (Linguistique Informatique @ Université de Toulouse)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Being on Erasmus, Cumann Gaelach, Netsoc...

Actually, if anyone knows the scéal regarding Scéim this year (ie when are the interviews), I'd appreciate the info...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seacláid-te

obl wrote: »
    Name: Richard
    Year/Course: JS CSLL (Linguistique Informatique @ Université de Toulouse)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Being on Erasmus, Cumann Gaelach, Netsoc...

Actually, if anyone knows the scéal regarding Scéim this year (ie when are the interviews), I'd appreciate the info...

they are usually around march

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Name: Jonathan
    Year/Course: JS Engineering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Name: Aaron
    Year/Course: 2nd year of medicine
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Ill join biosoc again (they organised a great cork weekend away last year), probably join tradsoc again and try my best to participate this year, and I might join some random one like archery or swashbuckling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Name: Aidan
    Year/Course: 4th year Physics & Astrophysics
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Maybe I'll finally join physoc or that astronomy one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Name: Aoibheann
    Year/Course: JF Theoretical Physics all things going well, just waiting on the CAO (based on my LC points from a couple of years back I shouldn't have any problem, fingers crossed!)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I'll probably join a lot of the martial arts ones, fencing, sports in general, actually I'll probably join most societies and clubs, I tend to get overexcited at Freshers Weeks.. :pac: Maths, physics, pretty much all science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Name: Rory
    Year/Course: MSc Environmental Science
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I might join geog soc because ucd hadn't one and I might join the history one if there's free drink and mostly I enjoy soccer and drinking and after that I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Brian
    SF Eng
    Badminton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Name:Conor
    Year/Course:JF Science (Most likely Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials, depending of results really)
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Music, Gaelige, and stuff, dunno what the hell I'll get involved in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Name::rolleyes:
    Year/Course: SF BESS (Economics and Political Science)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Being realistic, just The Phil. I joined a boat load of Socs last year and didn't go to any of their events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Name: Áine
    Year/Course: JS English/Psych TSM
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Was never much of a soc person in the past but I've volunteered with the VTP since first year & I'm co-ordinating one of the programs next year. I'm also on the psychsoc committee, and I guess I'll join neurosoc too. I'd like to do some litsoc stuff next year as long as timetables don't clash, as they have for the past two years. Yoga is the only other one I'd go along to regularly, and if dancesoc get their ballet classes off the ground next year I'd like to try them out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Name: Stephanie
    Year/Course: SF Theoretical Physics
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Ehh... I'm on the committee of SWSS, DUCSS and the newly established Pirate Party, so those... VDP of course, and maybe I'll actually audition for the orchestra this year, but otherwise, Metaphysical maybe, Tradsoc... I'm in Physoc/Mathsoc of course, and I might actually remember to sign up for the physics trip this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Name: Gabriel
    Year/Course: JS Medicine
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Chair of Sign Language (struggling to get things together for Freshers Week!), fencing. I'll see what else takes my fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Name: Mathew
    Year/Course: JS Engineering (Mechanical)
    Societies: EngSoc, SVdeP - Co-coordinating youth club this year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Name: Josh
    Year/Course: JS Maths
    Societies: Mathsoc of course, and hopefully I'll finally get round to joining metaphys and juggling.

@Hobo: Is there still an astronomy society? There used to be TASS (Trinity Astronomical Society or something like that), but it's gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

SF Engineering
    gonna find some new random stuff to do this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Name: Mark
    Year/Course: SF BESS
    Societies/Clubs/interests: We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Well it's not official yet but:

Name: Daniel
    Year/Course: Russian wit (not yet sure)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Boxing/Tennis/Sports/Music/Languages

Gettin results on the 12th and my first for choices are Russian wit another subject (Philosophy, Economics, Business, Religion and Theology) so I REALLY need a C3 in french!

Plz pray for me:pac::pac::pac::confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 reelynicenurse

Name: Sarah
    Year: will be starting JS integrated nursing on August 31st
    Not in any societies, being exiled in D'olier street doesn't make it easy to feel like part of the college community :( (just my personal rant:P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭theo2008

Name - Michelle
    Age - 23
    Year/Course - LLM (Masters in Law)
    Societies - Planning to join some choral society

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Name: Hils
    Course: None :( Gradaund to recieve BA Economics and Social Studies Single Honours Political science :D
    Socs/Clubs: Formerly too many to mention, now none.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Name - Keith
    Age - 19
    Year/Course - SF science
    Societies - The Phil, TN, planning to take up some form of sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Name: Jimmy
    Course: JS Computer Science
    Societies/clubs/interests: I'm auditor of Netsoc and webmaster of DUAMS (formerly DURNS), so them. I wanna get involved with DigiArts Soc also. I'll join DUCSS as usual, and if this Pirate party is real, then that too. Might start basketball again if I've time, and maybe Climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Im fairly sure Ive gotten my course! (Science)
    Got 460!

Anyway,

Im Jamie!
    Im planning to join one of the choirs, who knows what else.
    :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Name: Pádraig
    Course: None in Trinity (graduated TP a year ago, think I'm starting a DPhil in Maths in Oxford soon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Im fairly sure Ive gotten my course! (Science)
    Got 460!

Anyway,

Im Jamie!
    Im planning to join one of the choirs, who knows what else.
    Name:Conor
    Year/Course:JF Science (Most likely Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials, depending of results really)
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Music, Gaelige, and stuff, dunno what the hell I'll get involved in.

Yes fellow TCD science boardsies!

Name: Craig
    Year/Course: JF Science (potentially occupational therapy)
    Societies: Haven't a breeze yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Name: Ronan
    Year/course: SS neuroscience
    Societies: probably taking it easy this year, bit of DUAMS, bit of TN, but not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Megdmc

Megan
    earth sciences or science we'll see what happens when the offers come out on monday!:D
    will probably join the geog soc and photography :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Name: Ross
    Year/course: TR071 Science hopefully if the CAO offers go well
    Societies: Not sure yet will have a look around.:D

Advertisement