Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 twistedfk

Hey all got my sixth tattoo today courtesy of Jmd's in Waterford, Ian to be percise!! Delighted with it, really turned out great. Ian has now done three out of the six and all of them have turned out brill,Joe has done the rest. Can't wait for the next one, might even chance the other elbow. Here's the Pic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Enid

Websters wrote: »
    just wanted to say sorry for bein a dick previously wont happen again. was feeling like a fight but probably should have done that on another website or with my cat or something. anyway ban was lifted yesterday so thanks!

erm, on topic, Jani, where does he work, very busy/expensive guy i would take it?

He's in Prime beside The Olympia now :)
    He's not that expensive 100-120 for outline little more for colour obviously. He's really good and a really funny nice guy aswell. I believe that he's moving away soon so you might wanna get a booking pretty quickly. Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Enid wrote: »
    He's in Prime beside The Olympia now :)
    He's not that expensive 100-120 for outline little more for colour obviously. He's really good and a really funny nice guy aswell. I believe that he's moving away soon so you might wanna get a booking pretty quickly. Hope that helps :)

Yeah he's off to lands anew (Holland) come September. Pity, he's probably one of the best in Dublin, though his work of late is a bit off in my opinion, but thats another thread.
    Who else is in tattoo prime? Anyone of a high standard? Anyone got a link to a portfolio of Uli who tattoos in Zulu now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

twistedfk wrote: »
    Hey all got my sixth tattoo today courtesy of Jmd's in Waterford, Ian to be percise!! Delighted with it, really turned out great. Ian has now done three out of the six and all of them have turned out brill,Joe has done the rest. Can't wait for the next one, might even chance the other elbow. Here's the Pic :)

That's fcukin smashing imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DreamsOfAngels

Hi everyone,

Just got my first piece done on my chest by Jerson in Snakebite, quite happy with the way it turned out (photo is right after shower, blacks look better otherwise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like he did an awesome job on it! Congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

revoved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

thats cool tat dreams of angels. I think if someone described that to me, I'd think, ewww no, but it actually looks savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Podgerat

Got my Tattoo of Granuaile / Grace O'Malley done by Kit in Dublin Art Tattoo

Still not finished, but the last session is next week! Time will be about 3x2h in total.

I am very happy with this tattoo. Kit made his interpretation with some elements I told him/wanted and I instantly liked it. Kit is a nice guy and I will definitely go back to him!

Outlines after the first session(picture is taken a few hours after inking):

dsc07020x.th.jpg

Shading and some colouring after the second session(few hrs after inking):

dsc07030x.th.jpg

The hair is going to be in a redish colour.
    Elements in the tattoo are her two swords(long and short), her gawn and broche, the oats in the background(main grain at that time), the irish sea is resembled by the background colour, the colours of her gawn and the little watery waves of her hair. ;)

Hope you like it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

First tattoo all done..

it's pretty sore and red now so doesn't look the best, and sorry about the terrible quality..It is tattoed very clear but I notice it's blurring in the picture..
    Will try and get better pictures asap.

006ylx.th.jpg

Comments welcome..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Podgerat wrote: »

Still not finished, but the last session is next week! Time will be about 3x2h in total.

I am very happy with this tattoo. Kit made his interpretation with some elements I told him/wanted and I instantly liked it. Kit is a nice guy and I will definitely go back to him!

dsc07020x.th.jpg

dsc07030x.th.jpg

Elements in the tattoo are her two swords(long and short), her gawn and broche, the oats in the background(main grain at that time), the irish sea is resembled by the background colour, the colours of her gawn and the little watery waves of her hair. ;)

Hope you like it ;)

Wow I really like this,it reminds me of when I was a kid listening to the stories about her.This really screams "Ireland" and looks a whole pile better than a leprachaun or a clover and it has a brilliant story behind it if anyone asks you.Can't wait to see the finished product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Only post pics of yourself and your tattoos, not ones you find on blogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This is mine, just after I got it done, when it was swollen, will try get a better pic up soon

2450305048_c5488a74de.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Lego tattoo or dcu's redbrick society?

Neither, I'm a brickey! was gonna get a cement truck, but thought that would be stupid :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Tallon wrote: »
    Neither, I'm a brickey! was gonna get a cement truck, but thought that would be stupid :P
    Your hands seem too smooth to be a brickie *suspicious glare*

Your hands seem too smooth to be a brickie *suspicious glare*

you gettin fresh? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Podgerat

Podgerat wrote: »

dsc07020x.th.jpg

dsc07030x.th.jpg

Hope you like it ;)

And finally after another 3h it is done! (7h in total)

dsc07671a.th.jpg

Really happy with it. Cool, when one sees how its coming together.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I love how subtle the face/neck/arm shading is done, not over-done the way you see a lot of them end up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

here is my tattoo i got done on friday i'm very happy with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

lil'bug wrote: »
    here is my tattoo i got done on friday i'm very happy with it :)

that is really really pretty. Out of my 6 tattoo's my foot one is by far my favourite!

aww thank you :) it looks way better than it does on the picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

tha's cute lil bug. Hurts on the foot don't it... stupid bony feet lol!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

lil'bug wrote: »
    aww thank you :) it looks way better than it does on the picture
    yeah same. I posted a picture of mine when I got it done first and the picture just does not do it justice, but yours really is nice!!

dearg lady wrote: »
    tha's cute lil bug. Hurts on the foot don't it... stupid bony feet lol!

it wasn't that sore to be honest but as it was my first tattoo i wasn't too sure what to expect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Here's mine, the big star is covering another tattoo..
    Im looking to add to it soon..
    090.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

My new one that i got done today. Still very red and sore. All criticism and good comments welcome
    394617891a11362829308l.jpg
    394617891a11362829387l.jpg
    394617891a11362829473l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Melion wrote: »
    My new one that i got done today. Still very red and sore. All criticism and good comments welcome

Nice one, remember seeing the thread and didn't know what to expect..that came across very well though. Nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Melion that tattoo is beautiful, really nicely done. I wasn't sure what to expect when I read what you wanted done, but that's something else!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 JaYxX

Found some pics of my ink so I thought I may as well throw them up:
    DSCF0507.jpgMy gecko (luckily I work in software development so I don't get much hassle for the tattoos and piercings at work :D)
    DSCF0511.jpgThis was my first tattoo. My silhouette of africa, the motherland. I can't hold dual citizenships and have to surrender my south african passport if and when they eventually decide to give me Irish citizenship.
    DSCF0502-1-1.jpgMy cross and my pride and joy (pictures aren't the greatest quality and it does the colour no justice but meh). Got the side piece done in love hate in Miami when I was there last year. Cost a bit but worth every penny. I went in with some ideas and left them with the artist for a couple hours, the stencil he drew up was exactly what I was after and he agreed to do it in 1 sitting. Took around 5 and a half hours in total and about 3 days of feeling like I'd been beaten relentlessly with a golf club but I would do it again in a flash, my advice: never do a side piece in 1 sitting.
    DSCF0500-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement