Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Set the juice loose".. it's back!

Options
  • 18-07-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

What an ad.. loved it as a child!

Currently doing the rounds on telly again after about 15 years off the air.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Me too

We're heading for the 80's alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

1 word!.........absolute rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ, ye're all a bunch of moaning Michaels! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The auldfella doesn't say "set" though

he says "Whosmung da juice loose aboot this hoose"

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He's saying "hoots mon", because thats what a stereotyped scotsman would say.

I like that ad actually. There are far far far faaaar worse ads on the box these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I couldn't believe it when I heard this in the background the other day. Brought me right back to childhood. I like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Think the ad men are in trouble with the recession, money saving & retro are in.
    Another resurrected ad doing the rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

steve 0 wrote: »
    Think the ad men are in trouble with the recession, money saving & retro are in.Another resurrected ad doing the rounds

I hope the red car and the blue car are still getting paid for their efforts. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Right now, we're thinking:

"Poo at pauls house / Cheeky Volvic / Hew mushes daa / Retarded children with uncontrollable eyebrows OR Juice loose aboot the hoose.....
    Hmmm...
    Poo at pauls house / Cheeky Volvic / Hew mushes daa / Retarded children with uncontrollable eyebrows OR Juice loose aboot the hoose"

We're going with the juice being loose aboot the hoose, mainly because it doesnt make us want to kick people to death.

Thumbs up Manyards. Welcome back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

Legend ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

whenever I try to do a scottish impression I always say the line at the end of that ad.

I've checked with some Scottish folk. You'd get rumbled fairly quickly.

Apparently, the line doesn't come up much in everyday conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've checked with some Scottish folk. You'd get rumbled fairly quickly.

nah... you're lying. I'm pretty sure this ad coupled with Groundskeeper Willy make up a pretty accurate depiction of 90% of Scottish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

As long as the don't bring this back we'll be grand.

Gave me nightmares for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

saw both the other nite - jooce loose and red and bllue car had a race - class adds if we still remember them . also the milky man with all the bones i always sing that tune when talkin about milk ha ha.
    FACT - you see an add seven times before you remember it

Birdie086 wrote: »
    FACT - you see an add seven times before you remember it

If that's the case, how do they know you're seeing it for the seventh time if you dont remember the previous six times you've seen it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just noticed this myself....great ad...actually saw a load of kids buying Wine Gums there when I was getting lunch too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This ad is brilliant. I don't know why but I always thought he said there's a moose loose aboot this hoose. I don't know why I thought he said moose.

The original Hoots Mon by Lord Rockingham's XI (which the ad is based on, and which used to feature regularly on golden oldie radio shows) was a song about a moose being loose aboot the hoose, hence your recollection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah that explains it. I thought it was me just being mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

see they changed the lyrics

They changed it from "something that you can eat between meals" to "something that is nice". (NOT A QUOTE) From the 1989 advert to the 2009 Advert - Notice the board at the end of the 1989 advert says 'something you can eat between meals', in 2009 it says 'lighten up and play'.

the sign at the start has also changed from lunchville 2 playville

and dinner town is now litetown :-s

smart old blue to good old blue

he end bit has been edited too - the sign used to read "The sweet you can eat between meals without ruining your appetite" rather than "Lighten up and Play".

its ten second shorter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8LARnyyJKI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

OMG love this ad reminds me of my younger days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I used to really like the Maynards wine gums add and its still good. The Milky way Red and Blue add takes me back. Did they have a promotion where you could collect wrappers and get the cars?

Who can forget the them bones, them bones add.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I love seeing the ad back on the air. Brilliant.

Advertisement