Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

Take that Fibonacci, we now have The Spaghetti Constant :D

Praise be his noodly greatness, allahu akbar

http://www.venganza.org/2009/06/22/the-spaghetti-constant/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Don't know if the video here has been posted before. Brilliant!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yep, it's on the home page of catholic.ie
    http://www.catholic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I thought this was pretty funny...

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/04/finding-god-in-5-steps.html

(previously posted on the other forum and invitation to post here does not seem to have been taken up. I felt this was the most appropriate thread for it.)

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

5uspect wrote: »
    Yep, it's on the home page of catholic.ie
    http://www.catholic.ie/

Of all places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Search google for the word "this".

WTF????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Overblood wrote: »
    Search google for the word "this".

WTF????

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7088/this1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Not popped in here in a while so hope this isn't too old...

Gay Scientists Isolate the "Christian Gene"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

294590m.jpg

I have no words.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

modern day arc?

That does appear to be the intention.

I wonder what it would be like to have a conversation with the owner of that car.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A lot of dogs on that particular ark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

LOL

Yeah i think the ark was his idea - but why an old testament ark but a new testament number plate and quote?

Oh wait - that would me trying to apply logic to religion, and we all know that doesnt work :p

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Nice find Liah. :D Anyone want to have a shot at cataloguing the various beasties on this guy's Ark? I'm thinking we'll find our zoological texts to be rather inadequate.

Seems like a good opportunity to share this...Joe Rogan on Noah:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I particularly like the dinosaurs on the trunk, and the chains on the number preaching plate. This guy's in chains all right - mental chains. Can anyone see which State this is? I hope it's Texas. I'm going to Houston a month from now, and I've been warned that some folks there take their religion rather seriously. :pac:

As for the creatures, I see no coherent strategy, just everything bar the kitchen sink. Prob'ly can't tell between Warner Brothers and Disney characters.

Where's the nearest car wash? If the driver put that thing through, the machine would blow up like something from an episode of Top Gear. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Florida.

Which is unsurprising. Florida's pretty much one of the biggest capitals for stupid in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hey Joe Rogan, George Carlin called. He wants his bit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

King Mob wrote: »
    Hey Joe Rogan, George Carlin called. He wants his bit back.

Damn, and Joe's so tetchy when people steal his stuff.

Speaking of Rogan, someone's posted that pic on his boards too, some redneck lunatic's getting their 15 minutes of infamy today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

liah wrote: »
    Florida.

Which is unsurprising. Florida's pretty much one of the biggest capitals for stupid in the States.
    You've clearly never had to work in Texas...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I saw a car with "Repent and believe in the Gospel" which is a quotation from the Gospel of Mark stickered along the sides near B&Q in Liffey Valley, but I have never seen anything like in that picture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Someone should put together a parody Christ-Car for Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I wonder what it would be like to have a conversation with the owner of that car.

Painful I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

That does appear to be the intention.

I have a feeling it would be like having a conversation with an audiobook of the bible on the random play setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Apocalypse%20Rejection%20Letter.jpg

me_991_dino_ark.jpg

2006-10-08.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I debated with myself on this one, start a normal thread, or post it in the Religious Humour section... well, it screams "this has to be a joke" to me so here it is:
    IT SOUNDS like the beginning of a joke: what do you get when you put a Muslim imam, a Greek Orthodox priest, a rabbi, a Buddhist monk and 10 atheists in the same room? Viewers of Turkish television will soon get the punchline when a new gameshow begins that offers a prize arguably greater than that offered by Who Wants to be a Millionaire ?

Contestants will ponder whether to believe or not to believe when they pit their godless convictions against the possibilities of a new relationship with the Almighty on Penitents Compete (Tovbekarlar Yarisiyor in Turkish), to be broadcast by the Kanal T station.

Four spiritual guides from the different religions will seek to convert at least one of the 10 atheists in each programme to their faith.

Those persuaded will be rewarded with a pilgrimage to the spiritual home of their newly chosen creed – Mecca for Muslims, Jerusalem for Christians and Jews, and Tibet for Buddhists.

The programme’s makers say they want to promote religious belief while educating Turkey’s overwhelmingly Muslim population about other faiths.

“The project aims to turn disbelievers on to God,” the station’s deputy director, Ahmet Ozdemir, told the Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review .

That mission is attested to in the programme’s advertising slogans, which include, “We give you the biggest prize ever: we represent the belief in God” and “You will find serenity in this competition.”

Only true non-believers need apply. An eight-strong commission of theologians will assess the atheist credentials of would-be contestants before deciding who should take part.

Converts will be monitored to ensure their religious transformation is genuine and not simply a ruse to gain a free foreign trip. “They can’t see this trip as a getaway, but as a religious experience,” Mr Ozdemir said.

The programme, which is scheduled to air in September, has been criticised by commentators and religious figures for trivialising God and faith. – ( Guardian service )

Is this the new Big Brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Think Muslim suicide bomber...
    Allah al AhkBar... boom... dead Muslim

Think Buddhist suicide bomber...
    Ommm... boom... reincarnates... Ommm... boom... reincarnates... Ommm... boom... reincarnates... Ommm... boom... reincarnates...

Game over man, don't pi$$ off the Buddhists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

me_991_dino_ark.jpg

You should repost that in the Palaeontology forum :D

Now what I want to know is, is this for real?

14xyvcw.jpg
    Anyone care to translate?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement