Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Sports in Portarlington

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I'm looking for local outdoor sports clubs/groups in the area?

I'm interested in rugby/soccer, but open to others.
    Need to get the fitness levels up again, so something like tag rugby or 5-a-side soccer would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

There's Portarlington GAA club, they train at McCann Park on Canal Road, There's also Arlington AFC who are the soccer club, they train at their grounds on the Lea Rd. and beside them is Portarlington RFC... There is also the tennis club on station road... There is 5-a-side soccer and basketball in the GAA centre some nights aswell (thats beside McCann park if you dont know)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

Thanks for the details Steve_o.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Steve_o wrote: »
    There's Portarlington GAA club, they train at McCann Park on Canal Road, There's also Arlington AFC who are the soccer club, they train at their grounds on the Lea Rd. and beside them is Portarlington RFC... There is also the tennis club on station road... There is 5-a-side soccer and basketball in the GAA centre some nights aswell (thats beside McCann park if you dont know)

I presume there is still a swimming club operating from the pool.

There's also 5 a side football in the community centre beside the pool.

There are a couple of horsey places out past Drughill way.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Portarlington Pitch and Putt Club
    Interested in Pitch and Putt? Ever played the Sport? Interested in a new hobby for 2009?

Pitch and Putt is:
    • A great social sport
    • Healthy
    • Caters for all ages, men, women, children and families, socially inclusive
    • Easy to Learn, easy to play
    • Value for money
    • Played competitively at County, Provincial, National and now International Level
    • Pitch and Putt has an excellent record in Ethics, is recognised by both the Dept of Sport, and the Irish Sports Council. The Pitch and Putt Union of Ireland (PPUI) has a great record in organising competitions for Juniors (U/16’s) and offering a good social outlet.

Pitch and Putt is a great Community sport, as seen in towns all across the country. The sport caters for both the individual and teams, casual players and those looking for something competitive also.

If you are interested in establishing a club based in Portarlington, or playing the sport in general, or if you would like any further information, then send an email to

Portpitchandputtclub@Gmail.com

Or contact: Paul O’Gorman @ 79 Crann Nua, Portarlington, Co. Laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 True Fitness

scaldybelt wrote: »
    I'm looking for local outdoor sports clubs/groups in the area?

I'm interested in rugby/soccer, but open to others.
    Need to get the fitness levels up again, so something like tag rugby or 5-a-side soccer would be ideal.

Hi. If you are interested in trying some real outdoor sports 'True Fitness' who are based in Portarlington do mountain biking, kayaking, canoeing, mountain/hill walking and navigation. They work with individuals and groups. The True Fitness web site is under construction at the moment but you can contact Diane on 087 2388748. I hope this helps and that you find exactly what you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Just spoke to Diane, Sounds fun. I'll definietly be out over the next few weekends.

Advertisement