Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thehut.com sale Up to 75% off

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot there that wasn't that price already - just like play.com's january sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I agree there's nothing really good on offer, I'm gonna wait till they have a 10% off day anyway. The advantage of the Hut is the free P&P, then they beat HMV if they're the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Oracle wrote: »
    The advantage of the Hut is the free P&P, then they beat HMV if they're the same price.
    99p delivery to here (again) unless they changed that in the last couple of days.

Anyhow they and Asda are one and the same and Asda deliver free (so far anyhow)

Edit: From their site -
    We deliver to addresses both inside the UK and outside the UK.

Delivery is free on any orders placed to addresses inside the UK.

There is a charge of 99p per item on deliveries to any countries within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

try sendit, they have free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

muffler wrote: »
    Anyhow they and Asda are one and the same and Asda deliver free (so far anyhow)

Do Asda definitely deliver here free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

broker2008 wrote: »
    They used to (about 4 months ago), but that could of changed by now.

broker2008 wrote: »
    Their site says no but I have had 2 seperate orders delivered from them in the last 4 weeks and about 7 or 8 over the last year.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sendit deliver free but you're often waiting a long time while your item is "awaiting stock pick"

It's a bit of a pain in the hole.

Hopefully this list comes out okay. It was correct up to a couple of weeks ago.

www.asda.co.uk Free
    www.cdwow.ie Free
    www.play.com Free
    www.sendit.com Free
    www.tescoentertainment Free
    www.softuk.com Free
    www.photoglossy.com Free

www.thehut.com £0.99 per item.

www.blahdvd.com UK free. Ireland – 1 Item £1.00
    2 - 3 Items £1.50
    4 - 6 Items £2.50
    7 - 9 Items £3.50

www.hmv.co.uk UK free. Ireland - £2.50 per item.

www.dvdsource.co.uk UK free. Ireland - £0.90 per disc

www.bensonsworld.co.uk UK free. Ireland - £1 per disc

www.101cd.com UK free. Ireland - £1.50 per order no matter how many items

http://www.gameplay.co.uk/ UK – free. Ireland - £2.95 per order

www.game.co.uk UK – free. Ireland - £2.95 per order

www.gameseek.co.uk UK £1.99 per order Ireland £3.99 per item

www.amazon.co.uk UK - CD & DVD £0.29 per item + £1.16 delivery
    PC/Video games £0.40 per item + £1.59 delivery
    Books £0.59 per item + £2.16 delivery

Ireland CD & DVD £0.39 per item + £1.49 delivery
    PC/Video games £0.99 per item + £3.99 delivery
    Books £0.99 per item + £3.99 delivery

www.whsmith.co.uk UK only DVD & Video £0.35 per item + £1.29 delivery
    CDs £0.35 per item + £1.29 delivery
    PC/Video games £0.40 per item + £1.59 delivery
    Books £0.59 per item + £2.16 delivery

OK thanks, I stand corrected, The Hut is now charging 99p for delivery, but it was free. Still cheaper than HMV though. Has anyone tried to order on WHSmith.co.uk using an Irish address and opting for instore pickup?

• Advertisement

Oracle wrote: »
    OK thanks, I stand corrected, The Hut is now charging 99p for delivery, but it was free. Still cheaper than HMV though.
    The damn thing is that about a year ago they were charging for delivery and then they made it free. They only reintroduced a P & P charge about a month ago.

Another good online store that deliver here (£1 per item) is www.dvd.co.uk.

They have some good offers on DVDs, CDs, games etc but are consistently good for their prices on XD and SD cards.

I was going to add this to the list above but didnt want to clutter up the page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Great list muffler.

Most of those sites can be compared quickly using http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/ although the prices are in sterling so are probably higher to Ireland (especially for play et al who factor shipping into the euro price) But it makes it that bit easier to quickly find the best price.

Yeah, I use that a lot together with its sister site www.find-games.co.uk for pricing the games.
    I just happened to keep a record of who was charging what for P & P so its useful instead of trawling through their "help" sections.

Yeah the Find DVD site is very handy, unlike some other DVD search tools on the web. It usually finds the best price, but occasionally I've found it misses the odd cheaper price, for example from places like the Hut. Even so I always search whatever DVD I'm thinking of buying through them first, just to see if there's a lower price available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

muffler wrote: »
    I just happened to keep a record of who was charging what for P & P so its useful instead of trawling through their "help" sections.

As do I, but nothing so complete. Kudos again and happy 8888th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Excellent list muffler.

Any way we can sticky it?
    :)

Advertisement