Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod in CT forum abusing role

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

The link is dead for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Thats odd. It was working earlier ill check it again

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm afraid your link doesn't work.

When you provide the correct link, can you please elaborate more? "as can be seen here", isn't really sufficient. Please detail what you believe to be the abuse of power.

Edit:
    And my bad, it's a slow day. I meant to say this should be in Help Desk, so I've moved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Dead here too

seamus wrote: »
    I'm afraid your link doesn't work.

When you provide the correct link, can you please elaborate more? "as can be seen here", isn't really sufficient. Please detail what you believe to be the abuse of power.

Basically the Mod has been banning posters for no better reason then he can.

Im gonna check the link an repost.

• Advertisement

I don't think he was necessarily "abusing his powers", he made a silly mistake.

The Economist believed that because he was also a moderator, Mahatma wouldn't be able to infract him.

Mahatma wasn't sure of this, so went to find out by seeing if a banning would work. He clearly had no intention of applying a ban permanently, or going "Na na na na, look what I can do, screw you", he was simlpy trying to ascertain whether he was actually powerless against The Economist or not, and to correct him if necessary.

Mahatma made two mistakes:
    1. He shouldn't have applied a ban to "test" it without knowing how to release it :)
    2. He should probably have asked for guidance if he was unsure.

He's human. He makes mistakes like all of us. I see no reason to overreact. He's also a relatively new moderator, so you need to cut him a bit of slack.

I'll direct him to this thread and advise him to maybe ask for guidance in future :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cant believe we got this far into this thread and no one has shouted "ITS A CONSPIRACY!!" This is not the boards I knew :p

I have nothing to add here except LOL....

DeV.

I think the Economist made the point the he couldnt be infracted because there were no grounds for it as opposed to the fact that he is a mod.

MC has still not apologised for banning The Economist either

DeVore wrote: »
    I cant believe we got this far into this thread and no one has shouted "ITS A CONSPIRACY!!" This is not the boards I knew :p

I have nothing to add here except LOL....

DeV.

Crap you bet me to it. I was going to save that card for later. :D

• Advertisement

starn wrote: »
    I think the Economist made the point the he couldnt be infracted because there were no grounds for it as opposed to the fact that he is a mod.
    That's not what he meant. He meant it's because moderators can't infract moderators. It's a bit of a fiddly thing we have to work with.

If Mahatma coat thinks The Economist deserves an apology, that's up for them to sort out. I agree that it's due, but I'm not going to grab him by the scruff of his neck like a 1920's housewife and march him over to The Economist's house.

It's worth pointing out that Conspiracy Theories is a Hosted Forum of boards.ie. This basically means that while they have to maintain the overall content standards of the rest of the site, they're not held to the same rules and are treated as something of a separated community who have a playground area and can state their own rules.

Mahatma is not a "moderator" in the normal sense of the word and is therefore not required to stick with the same standards we might expect on other non-Hosted forums.

I do now realise that it was none of my business to close that thread, I keep forgetting that CT isn't a real forum. :)
    See, we all make mistakes :)

My suggestion is to PM one of the other moderators of Conspiracy Theories and see if you can work something out.

Ok I didnt know Mods couldnt normally infract other Mods. Of Course The Economist desevers a apology. Im not askin you to make him apologise. But some accountabily would be nice in.
    In the past MC has demanded that another poster revel there real name. Which as a Mod he is "allowed do" beging at post 79
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055432270&page=6

In a thread he has since deleted MC said (I'm paraphrasing here) "Jews are the most despicable race of people on the planet."

Now this is the sort of sh1te you might expect on Stormfront. No on boards from a fvcking Mod.

Without going into the specfics of my family history I find the jew remark and his demial of the holocaust

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055349712&highlight=Holocaust
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055312851&highlight=Holocaust

paticularly insulting and hurtfull. The guy is a little Hitler. Trying to overcompansate for having no dick. I quesion wherather he should even be allowed post on Boards let along moderate a forum

seamus wrote: »
    It's worth pointing out that Conspiracy Theories is a Hosted Forum of boards.ie. This basically means that while they have to maintain the overall content standards of the rest of the site, they're not held to the same rules and are treated as something of a separated community who have a playground area and can state their own rules.

Mahatma is not a "moderator" in the normal sense of the word and is therefore not required to stick with the same standards we might expect on other non-Hosted forums.

I do now realise that it was none of my business to close that thread, I keep forgetting that CT isn't a real forum. :)
    See, we all make mistakes :)

My suggestion is to PM one of the other moderators of Conspiracy Theories and see if you can work something out.

Fair enough I can understand why completely why you wouldnt want to waste your time with a problem within the CT forum. But quite seriously I think the guy has serious issues. A fasiast sadist [see link] with serious penis envy and mother issues

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58048286&postcount=38

As per my post above.

Ideally, the community of people on the conspiracy theories forum, with the assistance of the other moderator(s) on the forum, would sort out this issue between themselves, as it's not really an issue for boards as such.

Fair enough

Advertisement