Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung tocco

Options
  • 11-11-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

hi all, out of contract with meteor, thinking i'm gonna buy the samsung tocco during the week,
    anyone think this is a bad idea?
    if so, why

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i have it 3 weeks now, got it as an upgrade on my work 02 account for 49 euro. it came unlocked and unbrannded and am using it on my private meteor number.

i have no complaints what so ever so far. you get used to the touch screen very quickly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

what's it like for playing games do you know?
    and the battery life?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

metalfest wrote: »
    what's it like for playing games do you know?
    and the battery life?

havent played any games on it tbh.

battery life is ok, no noticable difference from my previous phones.
    i bought it on a friday, charged it up and went away straight away for the weekwnd of the bank holiday. and on monday afternoon it still had 2 out of 3 bars of life left.

although i do notice that it uses more power when its connected to my car kit (bluetooth).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Lunabu

I've put this reply on a different Tocco thread as well. Here goes:

I'd been waiting for the Tocco for over 3 months, waiting for it to come out on the 3 network.
    I finally got it last week and liked it a lot. Some things were a bit awkward to do, but I thought I'd get used to them in time.
    Pity there are no games pre-installed on it, so I went on the Samsung website to download a game. Unfortunately, if you live in Ireland you're out of luck: so far there's no Irish premium text number to download games to the phone. Bit annoying as there's so many Samsung phones in this country (the download from Samsung would be cheaper than the download via the 3 network).
    The reason I returned the phone to 3 though is that I had problems getting on the internet. In several places where I could always get online with my Nokia E65, I was unable to connect to the network. So I decided to hand back the phone and the guy in 3 who I talked to confirmed that there were network issues with this model.
    I'll now go for the new LG Renoir which is more expensive than the Tocco but which I've read good reviews about.

Advertisement