Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Table for turntables, mixers, amp etc?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 4:41pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just moved into a new apartment. My new flatmate has decks too (wohoo!) so we're trying to get things set up neatly. He has 2x 1210's and a mixer, and then also an amp with 2 speakers.

We want to make things a bit tidier so thinking of a 'dj table' type thing that will house everything neatly.

Any suggestions? Don't want to spend wads of cash - it's a recession after all - still need money for tunes!
    Cheers
    Zascar

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just found this - looks pretty good for the money!
    http://www.djdeckstands.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=209

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Check out Bargaintown mate they are usually good for this type of thing.

http://www.bargaintown.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Did you have something like this in mind?

Its made out of 22mm plywood, its much more sturdy than mdf, plus its a nicer finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Its made out of 22mm plywood, its much more sturdy than mdf, plus its a nicer finish.

That looks good! Could you give more info on how to get one of these? ;)

That looks good! Could you give more info on how to get one of these? ;)

Thanks

I made it myself - I'm no stranger to joinery:)

Its actually 2 separate units, a tall one (on the left) for record storage and a unit for the decks/amp/more records etc. made to measure!

if you're interested in something like this let me know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I made something similar myself from laminated ply. You can get if from the likes of B&Q and Woodies and they'll cut it to size for you. Works out much cheaper that something you would buy, plus you can customise it to fit your needs. And strangely enough you've got the same setup as me Mixer and Decks wise.

I must upload a couple of pics later.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Doh!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    And strangely enough you've got the same setup as me Mixer and Decks wise.

clearly a man of impeccable taste with an eye for quality:D

Hows the 1601s working out for you? once I got used to the layout/and looks I find its a good all rounder, It still cracks me up watching someone use it for the first time:rolleyes: had lots of fun with the sampler but haven't tried it with foot pedals yet.

I tend to use my stanton smx-401 on gigs as it a bulletproof mixer, One time It got half a pint of cider spilt on it :eek: and kept on going for the rest of the night!

Those Ueri mixers are fantastic, definitely what I would buy if I had turntables/cdj's. I'd get the 1601e with effects. Best value mixer around I've heard

Here's the pics I promised. There's two units that I built. One last year for the Decks and one that I built a couple of months ago to store some of my vinyl and to use as a desk.

As for he mixer, yeah it's really cool but as I've said before the only thing I don't like is the way you can't listen to the EQ'ing while cueing up. Other than that it's top notch

• Advertisement

nice work there, take you long?

About a day. The longest bit was getting all the measurements together so that I could get the pieces cut exactly the right length. Had to go up to B&Q and see what sizes the Laminates came in and then take it from there.
    Great feeling knowing that you done it yourself though.

Each unit cost about €100 quid in materials which wasn't bad considering I built it to the exact spec I wanted

Advertisement