Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie extras.ie

Options
  • 03-09-2008 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I am considering registering with Movie Extras.ie. But has anyone been registered with them, have they ever been called, and is it really worth registering with them.

I just think it would be a good way to earn a litte extra money on the side!

Please let me know thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItalianPosh

Thanks for the link. always wanted to be a movie extra - Hollywood here I come. Easy tiger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

Anybody knows if it's worth joining??

I have heard nothing but bad things about it and that you get little or no work from it. Considering it costs €99 to join it doesn't seem like great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

MOved from helpdesk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 minimanminifan

I think it is one of those things if the face fits..

i signed up in March of this year and have had one text message to attend a day but alas after waiting all that time i was actually out of the country at the time.

it depends on what you want to do, a friend of mine in tv recomended a good acting course as companies dont take you seriously until you have some course under your belt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 minimanminifan

Thanks for the link. always wanted to be a movie extra - Hollywood here I come. Easy tiger!

it has to be the hardest industry to break into, i did some tv work this year "the estate agent in how low can you go reality check" on RTE last week.

its up on youtube "how low can you go reality chekc part 3 episode one" and i have had mails from london, Australia and the canaries from people that have seen the show and i can still walk through grafton street and not be recognised, so dont plan on making a career move by joining an agency like movie extras. To get anywhere you need a good course under your belt and a bit of luck, and talent of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Editorial

It most certainly is worth signing up for. You'll easily make back your join up fee in no-time but a lot depends on your availability. If you work all night and sleep all day forget it, it's just a waste of time. There's a lot of sitting around on film sets too but depending on the crew or other extras you can have some great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

If you live in Dublin or can easily get there and don't work fulltime, I would say go for it. I joined it for two years and made back the joining fee both times, and I didn't have a lot of availability at all.

Advertisement