Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best limerick Barber

Options
  • 07-08-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

to follow up from Jonski earlier request looking for da vinci barbers, leads me to ask , what is limericks best barber shop ? and why ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

IMO i think that Identity on the old cratloe road is one of the best . The two barbers working there are excellent and i have been going there for the last 3 years so they are def doing something right ....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yep Identity on the old Cratloe road is really good, especially the barber there with the tattoos on his forearms, really friendly guy and gives a great cut, cannot remember his name right now though.

Also there is one on Denmark Street, Retro, that is really good also imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yep Identity on the old Cratloe road is really good, especially the barber there with the tattoos on his forearms, really friendly guy and gives a great cut, cannot remember his name right now though.

Also there is one on Denmark Street, Retro, that is really good also imho.

Funnily enough the two barbers are named dave but i agree the one with the tatoo's is brill but also is the other dave they both have diff styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

retroo is pretty good on denmark st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

the hugo boss place on todds row is quite good, last time i was in it was €15 for the chop.

the place on denmark street with the old guy and his two sons (i think they are) is a scary place. i always end up getting the old guy and i dont want to say he is a poor barber but was never happy with a cut i got from him. they are quick and cheap though, €12.

the hackets barber on denmark street just down from the corner of todds row is very good, €18 though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm another big fan of Identity. I've gone there maybe 4 times in the last year and they've always done a good job. They don't really like me though, the fact that I'm letting my hair grow long makes cutting it awkward! :D

I used to get a simple but effective blade cut in Patsy's (Upper William St I think) but I never liked the atmosphere in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 techireland2000

guess I might as well put in my 2 cents worth.

I am a da vinci fan (now on thomas street)

new shop looks fecking great, and yes jonski it is on thomas street.

15 Euro for a city centre hair cut, not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I live in the suburbs , would it still suit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

which suburb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Been going to Modern Man on Sarsfield St for the last 12 years, mainly because I've never had any problems, friendly staff, €15 a chop - there's also a student discount. Also I'm a creature of habit and terrified of change. Though I've had a few haircuts in the barbers above a shop near Domino's Pizza by the Kilmurray Roundabout in Castletroy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I get my hair cut in Max's out in Castletroy, across from the Castletroy Shopping Centre. The staff are very nice in there, give you a newspaper to read and a cup of tea/coffee if you want it, costs €16 for a dry cut and they run a loyalty card where your 7th hair cut is free of charge. Plenty of parking there too.

Used to go to Hacketts down by the Round House too for years, very nice in there and you get a decent hair cut. Only stopped going there as it was alot of hassle trying to get into town after work and finding parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i like figaro on bedford row, brian has a lot of awards, and runs a good shop

• Registered Users Posts: 5 techireland2000

guess Identity is looking like a popular choice around these parts.

am going to stick with Da Vinci's myself, good hair cut and a funny bunch of lads. didnt notice if he had a coffee machine in the new place...but they defo put a lot of effort into new look, would reckon its one of the best looking barbers in limerick at the moment,might check out identity sometime soon to see what its about also.....

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

guess I might as well put in my 2 cents worth.

I am a da vinci fan (now on thomas street)

new shop looks fecking great, and yes jonski it is on thomas street.

I`d second da vinci, sound staff, good hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

So where is the best place to get a Hot Towel Shave lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

gflann wrote: »
    So where is the best place to get a Hot Towel Shave lads?

I will second that. Nothing feels like a hot towel shave and the only one I ever got in Limerick (someplace on O Connell St years ago) was nothing like a good hot towel and shave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Ali's Barber at the top of Thomas St is very good. Only 7euro for a haircut monday to thursday. All i ever get done is a blade 3 all over, so it does me the finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hacketts, can be a bit of a **** with parking etc but excellent in there been goin there around 14 years, great spot friendly people and a fine chop chop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Used always get my haircut in Identity when i was in LIT. Its probaly the best place ive ever gotten it cut and Dave(with the tattoo's) always did a brilliant job.Nice to see other ppl have also enjoyed it as i was always very impressed:)

Great spot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i used to go to Blades but got tired of paying 21 for a ******* haircut. outrageous.

ive been going to Ali barber just up the road since. 7.50 for a standard cut monday0thursday. good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

i used to go to Blades but got tired of paying 21 for a ******* haircut. outrageous.

ive been going to Ali barber just up the road since. 7.50 for a standard cut monday0thursday. good value

Stopped going to Blades years ago. It got way too expensive.
    My fave is Patsi's at the top of William st. Yer man in there is great with designs/highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Is this Ali barber place any good?im up for paying 7.50 instead of 15 euro but I dont want them to make a complete balls of my hair

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Used to go to Rossini's, the blonde lady in there, is very good. But they always had different barbers in there and the hair-cut quality went down imo. There was a lad working there from the North, fecking legend and was a very good barber.

Go to Figaro's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm suprised nobody mentioned "God" on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

bazz26 wrote: »
    I get my hair cut in Max's out in Castletroy, across from the Castletroy Shopping Centre. The staff are very nice in there, give you a newspaper to read and a cup of tea/coffee if you want it, costs €16 for a dry cut and they run a loyalty card where your 7th hair cut is free of charge. Plenty of parking there too.

just back from max's, wont be going back. 3 eastern european girls working there, the one i got didnt have the best english. dont like the cut. very disappointed. next time i wont be so lazy and i will go back to the turkish lad in the Hugo Boss place in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Garveys on Denmark St.
    Ye Olde Barber kinda place :) The lad in Westbury is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

coffee?
    friendly?
    shop looks great?
    awards?
    atmosphere?
    styles?

I concede. There is no more place for old dinosaurs like me in this world. Goodbye manliness, tatty tabloids, and boxing posters. They have won.

*crawls into the corner to lie down and die*

• Registered Users Posts: 42 han68

I always get my hair cut in Ballyneety for 10 euro. No waiting, plenty of parking, good job

Might be a bit too far out for some of you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement