Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing

Options
  • 08-04-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

There might be a simple answer to this but why is there a limit on how far back you can edit your own posts, I have on a few occasions came across simple mistakes in my old posts but I can't fix them.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Yeah I think it's 48 hours.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's a few days (maybe 3) but a mod of that forum can edit them indefinitely so if you need anything edited just pm the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

gerky wrote: »
    There might be a simple answer to this but why is there a limit on how far back you can edit your own posts, I have on a few occasions came across simple mistakes in my old posts but I can't fix them.
    It's because some users were editing posts and rendering conversations confusing and misleading. As said, a mod of the forum can edit anything you need changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Thanks for the replies, I can see how it could be abused.

Advertisement