Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done rag2gar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I wasn't going to comment on this at all... Let me first start by saying again well done to Garry...

btw garry .... I know you understand from being an up and coming journalist/writer the importance of different viewpoints so this is in no way personally aimed at you.... but the situation in general..

Garry is a top bloke and is indeed "one of our own" and I'm so glad he took it down over the frenchie he was playing.... (I think it was french he was speaking)

when I read this thread this morning and read the blog entry.... I went " oohhhh F*** this is trouble"

for what it's worth I would love to see Garry take down the WSOP with this ticket.... but unfortunately if the other player got wind of it or someone brought it to the attention of support there would be trouble I guarantee it....

while I understand the circumstances involved in it and how it came about.... garry was however not playing his usual style and I said this before I knew anything about the matter.... while it might seem trivial to some it is actually quite serious and I certainly wouldn't like to see the guy loose a ticket over it..... changing his blog was a good idea IMO as would deleting this thread for that matter.....

Eoghan is correct in his assumptions IMO....

lets put it this way......

Same player GarryC comes on todya and posts the opposite of this....

" I was playing a WSOP sat last nite and was heads up and lost to a French guy...... later I google the french players name and find a link to his blog where he says that his connection went and he got a friend to play on till he arrived and then 4 poker players helped him make decisions and he changed his game to be more agrressive and took it down"

what would our advice be?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

I wonder are those music lessons?

Just to clear up:

1. I am not a grinder, nor do I claim to know the first thing about poker. 2 assumptions in 1 sentence? Sign of a weak mind.

2. I know this situation pretty well as I was informed about it from late last night. You can be as condescending to me as you like, changes nothing.

3. I wouldn't take a lesson from you if you paid me. No interest in being "the man" in the poker world. It's fun to play and I enjoy it when it's not populated by guys who's self-esteem is wrapped up in their bankroll.

Lastly I don't want to make Ste's job any harder by making this between you and me so let's act like adults and drop it eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

You are so misinformed,your do not have a better grasp with this than me, in fact I reckon you no nothing about real poker and all you know about is doing your wages in the jp while your in there pretending you have mates.You are a lowlimit grinder that doesnt know the first thing about poker.

If you come to me for lessons Im soooo charging you double for all this crap,

Kayroo is a douchebag 4 life,

Reesy
    Banned for a week for personal abuse.

Ste05

There's no need Ste. Either way surely this thread is done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Right Mods for **** sake. Delete the ****ing thread. It has no use anymore. Let garry enjoy the damn win.

This pissing about, stirring more **** and jeopardising garry's ticket is ridiculous.

LOCK IT UP

edit to say: By lock it up I mean

DELETE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

why would it be done? people cant just expect the mods to remove potential damaging things because everyone thinks they are a swell guy. Its a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I didn't do it for you, I did it because it's a breach of the rules and I don't think you can get more personal than that.

Ste05

why would it be done? people cant just expect the mods to remove potential damaging things because everyone thinks they are a swell guy. Its a public forum.

No I meant done from the perspective of myself and Skinny, apologies for the poor phraseology.
    Ste05 wrote: »
    I didn't do it for you, I did it because it's a breach of the rules and I don't think you can get more personal than that.

Ste05

Fair enough, just didn't want to cause anymore hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

after my last comment my msn is going mad..... lol......

but god help garry and his innocence..... the guy is so honest and innocent to the situation that he goes and writes a blog entry about it.....

if that doesn't show no malice intended then I don't know what would.....

I really really wish he hadn't posted that and that it hadn't been repeated on here....

but whats done is done..... I want "one of our own" and not some frenchie going tot he WSOP..... and I believe that in an enquirey Garry would prob come out on top but he doesn't need that...

I'm rarely in favour of post deleting but I think this one needs to be put to bed asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

LOL, its hardly against their TOCs now is it? It would be impossible to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Please delete this thread. No good can come of leaving it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

rag2gar wrote: »
    Okay just getting to this now. I have been asleep all day as I was up till 9am this morning getting a college project done that was due for today. Not exactly the ideal way of celebrating what was one of the best moments in my life but it had to be done as I'm a student first and a poker player second. I am not a professsional.

I did mention ONE $500 donation in my blog. And yes I am giving Andy Grimasson $500. The reason for this is because A) I have owed him a donation since the Irish Open where he won both top young gun and the top boards marketing netting me €2350. B) He let me use his internet in his house when mine failed. I think he deserves what is in affect a small donation for two helping gestures he has given me.

You are correct Eoghan I did change my blog. Journalists do this all the time and I do it too. I could show you 20 blog entrys I have put up and taken down in the past. That is the way I operate. I publish some, but not all, of my writings.

As for cheating, well I dunno. I am a v ethical person and would never ever cheat. I just wish my bloody internet didnt fail as it takes away from my win, massively. I was FORCED into both situations make no mistake about it. My internet failed and i had to go to somebody elses house. Otherwise I would have been blinded away as the internet only came back 4 hours later.

Secondly Andy kicked me out of his house. He actually told me we would have to go to John's. What am i to say? No? It is his house. If he is kicking me out there is nothing I can do. I just wanted a damn internet connection.

On the final table there was other people in the room other than me. No doubt about it. Ironically, if anything I found it to be a hindrance. There is nothing worse than people shouting in your ear different actions when you are trying to make a decison. But make the decisions I did, make ALL the decisions I did.

It saddens me the abuse I have got today. There was nothing pre-meditated about what happened I can assure you Eoghan. The situation dictated everything. I just had to run with what was available to me.

So i take it you'd have no problem some emailing this thread to Everest poker and asking them too investigate, and you'd be happy to email what you originally posted in your first blog entery?

If Gary lost the HU too frenchies and he managed to find a thread on some forum where he posted excactly what gary did everyone here would be doing there nut calling the other players a cheat etc etc.

And people say this forum is clickey?! lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Next thing he'll be getting grief for using his fake Hawaiian drivers licence to buy booze!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

WD Gary nice result.

Reading Everests T&C's it seems pretty clear to me that they were not breached by Gary at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

WD Gary nice result.

Reading Everests T&C's it seems pretty clear to me that they were not breached by Gary at any time.
    hmmmmm

1.5 and 2.3

Doesnt matter now. Arsenal out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

It would be nice to see just one long thread that doesn't get hijacked by people trash talking each-other.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

NickyOD wrote: »
    It would be nice to see just one long thread that doesn't get hijacked by people trash talking each-other.
    You stay out of it, what do you know ;)

Only messing, I agree completely, WP Rag, Vegas FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Clareman wrote: »
    You stay out of it, what do you know ;)

Only messing, I agree completely, WP Rag, Vegas FTW

shu'p ya mucker.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

NickyOD wrote: »
    shu'p ya mucker.:)
    make me ya wannabe :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I 2nd macspower absolutely 100%

I have 0% doubt if what happened to his opponant happened to Gary that would be uproar about it. I have been told what was written in original blog entry and I don't care what anyone says it is out and out cheating for me, whether Gary realised this or not is completely immaterial
    It's against TOC and it's completely utterly wrong imo.

This thing about deleting the thread is funny, so if he did nothing wrong then surely all of you have no problem in everest reading this and investigating it?

I have a lot of time for Gary but on this issue I couldn't be more anti what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I for one hope you don't win the WSOP because this would come back to haunt you for sure.

I would be very upset if I was the opponent here, like it is wrong what you did. Personally I never thought about it as cheating up until a while ago but it certainly does give you an unfair advantage over your oppenent.

Would you be happy if you thought that me and you were playing HU for the ticket and CTS and sbrugby were standing behind me giving me advice on what to do. It sounds like you didn't do this on purpose and from what most people on here say you are a decent guy. Although there is nothing to say that your opponent was doing the same thing and I am sure lots of people do this but then thats not the point anyway.

Anyways its a nice win and good luck with it and you may as well just forget about it now if you done it without realizing what you did was wrong and go and enjoy the main event.

Deleting the thread is also a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

hmmmmm

1.5 and 2.3

Doesnt matter now. Arsenal out :(

I dunno both clauses say:
    "not for use by others or as part of a professional or coordinated syndicate"

Don't see how you could possibly call it professional or coordinated if BCB was there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

I dunno both clauses say:
    "not for use by others or as part of a professional or coordinated syndicate"

Don't see how you could possibly call it professional or coordinated if BCB was there :D

lol im sure there's method in BCBs madness!!! he looked pretty professional on telly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

sucks10.gif

Last 3 pages anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    sucks10.gif

Last 3 pages anyway

until now, thats class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

This thread makes me sad.

Gary, through no fault of his own ended up playing out the tourney in a room full of friends, yes they're all accomplished poker players, (well, bar BCB:p), but can anyone here who have accused the lad of cheating, honestly, hand on heart say that if they were in his shoes they'd tell their mates to leave the room and not rail them? C'mon.

Bottom line is, Gary is GOOD ENOUGH on his own to win a WSOP ticket, the fact that four of his friends railed him is irrellevent. This thread is bad enough, but it would be a fcuking damn shame if anything more negative came about because of it. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

next post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement