Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 6th 2008 Snow

Options
  • 06-04-2008 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

Dublin the snow capital of the east:p
    It has snowed and settled in Dublin more this year than parts of *ahem* Wicklow.:D

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

My poor Daffs

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

lol whiteout:D Take extra care on the roads. The transport system is liable to collapse under such attrocious conditions;) Thanks for the pics!

About the same amount here - but melting quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice pics there Snowbie..I wouldn't write off Wickla yet though ;)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Cheers lads, I say there is a good chance for you today Longfield with some convection around. Take care if you get caught in a shower if out and about in the hills today. These showers be alot heavier than what you get in the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Nice pics there snowbie! Dry as a bone here.

We are thinking of going for a walk up Djouce at 12. Its covered in cloud now...

A

If i got out of the bed now i would have witnessed nothing. All snow is gone.

Enjoy and take care on the walk arctictree, bring the thermals, oh and also a camera.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I have just found this thread and it has to be the most accurate forecast I have come across forget ur BBC and RTEs its the lads and lassies on Borards.ie for me from now on.Keep up the great work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

The size of the hail stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they are huge havent seen that big for years,the showers seem more frequent and heavier as the afternoon goes on,here is another biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Hi all,

Woke up to about 3/4 of an inch of snow in Castleknock Dublin 15 this morning, about 2 centimetres. Place was covered when I pulled the curtains at 5.30 and it was still lying in the garden until about 9 and then it disappeared. Had been enough to make a small snowman and certainly enough to have a snow ball fight. The heaviest we have had here for some time. Practically none in Drumcondra. Will post the photos on the site if you wish.

Frankie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

holly1 wrote: »
    I have just found this thread and it has to be the most accurate forecast I have come across forget ur BBC and RTEs its the lads and lassies on Borards.ie for me from now on.Keep up the great work.

Thanks! We do our best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Got bit of sow here in Ballinaboola, Co. Wexford

snow1nl0.th.jpg

snow2fd8.th.jpg

snow3qa9.th.jpg

snow4ef9.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely shots from S.Wexford.

OK - Some shots from here this morning:

Radar from 4:30 this morning:

200804070330_web_radar.gif

The jeep at 5:30am:
    snowapril7th2008007.jpg

The garden shed at 5:30am:
    snowapril7th2008004.jpg

The garden shed at 8:00am:
    snowapril7th2008009.jpg

The garden - only a bare covering:
    snowapril7th2008015.jpg

My poor flowers!
    snowapril7th2008013.jpg

A view down the field:
    snowapril7th2008016.jpg

And the obligatory photo!
    snowapril7th2008.jpg

Enjoy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

First snow in Waterford City in about 4 years.

snowcar.jpg

backgardensnow.jpg

Mike.

Nice one Mike - see, it does snow in Waterford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Excellant photos Arctictree, lovely Wicklow snow there ;)
    It as strange, there was next to nothing on Djouce or Scarr yet I had about maybe 1cm covering which looks a bit less than you and a collegue in work from Rathdrum said he had 4 inches this morning but dunno how reliable that report is.

Nice to see the SE finally seeing some belated snow thre Mike.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

07:15am. looking out my front window, Still snowing quite heavily

DSC00022.jpg

07:40am. Walking to the shop in the snow :D

DSC000261.jpg

07:45am. Way back from the shop

DSC000251.jpg

Wow, Wexford really got a pasting there. As BlackBriar said earlier - if only this was January. I'd say with these charts, it would be close to an eighties event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

No snow up my direction, but a hail cloud blowing up off the Louth coast about an hour ago...since I took and edited the pictures the anvil has increased in size and, which is quite a feat since it's moving away from me.
    This is taken at Blackrock Co Louth facing SE....

Great snaps lads.
    Wertz tha massive anvil was just north of me when leaving work at 1730. Brilliant capture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

ffarrell wrote: »
    Hi all,

Woke up to about 3/4 of an inch of snow in Castleknock Dublin 15 this morning, about 2 centimetres. Place was covered when I pulled the curtains at 5.30 and it was still lying in the garden until about 9 and then it disappeared. Had been enough to make a small snowman and certainly enough to have a snow ball fight. The heaviest we have had here for some time. Practically none in Drumcondra. Will post the photos on the site if you wish.

Frankie
    Yes please! We've just been geting hail here in Sligo - I wanna see snow photos!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Was staying in Twickenham in London for the weekend - here's my pics of what I got on Sunday morning. It snowed for apprx. 3 hours continuously. Significantly more than I have seen in Dublin this winter! Really nice to see.

London Snow 1 (Compressed).jpg
    London Snow 2 (Compressed).jpg
    London Snow 3 (Compressed).jpg

Advertisement