Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Complaints - Please post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flaming tantrum

i was sold a bt broadband package on the assurance that i could get bt vision for free (apart from movies and sports events etc) could download any favourtie programs as long as they have been aired over freeview and by the way i could get bt broadband talk and save myself a fortune if i get one of the bt talk phones

well i worked out i could get a wireless hub + the bt phone for free if i got the unlimited pack And the unlimited pack was cheaper over 12 months so signed up

got the wirelesl hub and the phone on the tuesday- waited all day to get connected - eventually told at 8 pm that i would be connected wednesday

waited til midday wednesday and then spent the next 24 hours trying to connect the wireless - and during all that having now got broadband and therefore able to order the bt vision i discovered that the bt vision was not free at all
    And just because a program has aired does not mean you can download from the library

and after more frazzle with non wireless plus dumb stupid short modem cable serial cable so all web stuff (which is a bit important to be connected right now) i am stuck in a small corner (having changed all furniture etc all around to fit in with the plug and bt connection and wireless etc

distinctly frazzled realised i was paying out more than had intended and STILL had not got anything that i really wanted - great tv and wireless

so i boxed it all up - well after i found cheaper deal and got my mac code back and signed up with sky

and now bt say they are going to hold me to account - and i am quite glad cos am really in the mood to go for someone's throat the way things are today what with red code dahn the nhs etc etc

ready for a fight an that's a fact - ready and roaring after flaming 24 hours of yes we're on - no it's gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fifitrix

I did have a dial up account with a provider before and i placed a BB order with BT, but the hassles i had i ended up cancelling altogether and going to another BB provider.I had trouble getting my deposit back etc, but i did not once complain here about BT or anyother service. I cancelled the dial up service myself with the old provider as it was MINE and not my new provider responsibilty.

In fairness you should be paying your BILL and you should be writing an apology to eircom for your stupidy in not cancelling a dial up service with Eircom. Maybe if it was broadband you had with Eircom then i would understand, If i worked in eircom and saw your complaint, id laugh. I'm sure they get this all time and im sure they will pay out just to keep you happy.

I would say next time, dont expect anyother ISP to cancel your service or anyother you have in future.
    I understand where you are coming from but when the switch was made, BT wrote to me several times assuring me that the change over was complete. Even Eircom sent me a final bill "Final Bill for your 1893 plan, thank you for your custom"
    My husband called both companies to make sure it was cancelled and he was told it was!!!!
    Why would Eircom send out a FINAL BILL if it was not final?
    Eircom have admitted they were wrong and have said I will get a refund along with a written apology.
    Why do you think I am stupid when both companies said it was cancelled and Eircom stopped billing me for this back in November. 750 customers were affected by this so I can not be the only "stupid" one. Come on even you would surely think that my contract was finished!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

fifitrix wrote:
    I understand where you are coming from but when the switch was made, BT wrote to me several times assuring me that the change over was complete.

I'm sure BT changed over your telephone line, which is what they informed you, not your dial up service.
    fifitrix wrote:
    Even Eircom sent me a final bill "Final Bill for your 1893 plan, thank you for your custom"

Ok, if they sent you a final bill, then maybe you are right and eircom messed up. I still think you should have checked if your dial up service was cancelled.
    fifitrix wrote:
    My husband called both companies to make sure it was cancelled and he was told it was!!!!

I'm sure BT and Eircom where probably thinking the same that your Phoneline was cancelled and switched over.
    fifitrix wrote:
    Why would Eircom send out a FINAL BILL if it was not final?

I would imagine a final bill for your phoneline ( WLR ) i think they call it?
    fifitrix wrote:
    Come on even you would surely think that my contract was finished!!!!

I would think my contract for my Phoneline was finished, but you would have agreed a second contact for the Dial up service you had with BT. I would have expected a to letters, one for my phoneline and another for Dial up service.

If they 750 where effected, im sure there might be more then one person on boards complaining. I knew neighbours who have dial up and i haven;t heard anything like this mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimthedad

I reluctantly took out a DD to avoid paying BTs new quarterly 'processing fee' of £4:50. Their own literature claimed the fee would be "waived" (the BT website used 'avoided') if a DD was taken out by the next bill due date. To my annoyance the £4:50 was still taken and on asking why I was told it would be refunded at the next bill i.e. in August. I complained that taking and refunding was not what waived meant (look it up) and asked for an immediate refund. After much frustrated banging of heads with 'its company policy' call centre operators, I was told - on 15 June, by a Line Manager - that he had instructed accounts to refund the fee to my account. I duly received a letter on 22 June, signed by Jillian Lewis, Customer Service Director for BT, saying she was 'happy to confirm that the fee had gone into my account on 22 June 2007". You can't get much clearer than that! On 29 June, and with no sign of any refunded fee, I rang to ask where it was and was told the fee would be refunded at the next bill as this was 'company policy'. The call centre didn't have a clue about any of the previous "promises' and could only say' mmmm' when told about the letter from their own Director. Nearly 3 weeks, seven phone calls and one letter have produced absolutely nothing. Either BTs Customer Service Director is deliberately misleading me or her staff are culpably incompetent and are not doing what she claims they are doing. You can get hold of no-one with any authority and it is evident that BTs 'customer service' is wholly unable to deal with such a simple matter. I am truly angry at the fob off by BT and the barely disguised indifference by their call centre staff. If only a million customers take out a DD and BT still go ahead and take the fee (despite claiming they will waive it) before refunding it 3 months later, BT have helped themselves to a 3 month interest free loan of £4.5 million! iS Is this simply a case of sloppy wording or a deliberate and calculated sharp practice/con. You decide. The amount is not important, I simply wish BT to know we are not all chumps. I am very angry at BTs indifference and crude refund payment delaying tactics. :mad: I wonder what Jillian Lewis has to say about it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

If they 750 where effected, im sure there might be more then one person on boards complaining. I knew neighbours who have dial up and i haven;t heard anything like this mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Hi Little-Devil, (and others)
    I am also one of the 750 customers affected by this problem. I changed from Eircom in June 2006. I had no problems with the change over except that it took longer than I thought it would. BT were excellent and very polite to deal with. One rep rang me to explain that she was just waiting for a cancellation number/ref to start the process of change over but assured me that she would do the entire change over and I would be informed when it was complete. So within a few weeks I became a BT customer and started to enjoy use of my choosen package which included BB. I also recieved a final bill from Eircom. However, early this year (March I think) I recieved a letter by post with my bill , which I usually get online, stating that there had been an over charge for Eircom.net and I had to contact them regarding a refund. As I did. Got a cancellation number and informed BT. The next bill (recieved online last week) still had the over charge. BT informed me this was an Eircom.net mistake and when I told them I had already gone throught the process on the last bill they informed me that they had not recieved the cancellation number. ( Which I know I did give). So to date I have given a cancellation number twice and still recieved no refund! I am now owed approx €48 from Eircom.net. What baffles me is why this charge suddenly appeared almost 1yr after leaving Eircom??? This is a real "pass the buck" situation.
    My other problem with BT is that although I am a BB customer my BB is failing more and more frequently. I was online last night for 3 hours and it dropped out 6 times. Has any one else experienced this?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

hi i noticed today that one of my two bband connection is actually 2mb instead of the 3mb im paying for. its clearly shown on the modems status page that its set to 2mb and not 3mb.

the other connection keeps disconnecting itself so much for always on! this is ongoing for over 6 months

their tech support cant be bothered to answer the phone.

i think its time to change to digiweb cos eircom is too expensive and irish broadband is a joke. there are no other alternatives in carlow (clearwire is too slow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

hi i noticed today that one of my two bband connection is actually 2mb instead of the 3mb im paying for. its clearly shown on the modems status page that its set to 2mb and not 3mb.

the other connection keeps disconnecting itself so much for always on! this is ongoing for over 6 months

their tech support cant be bothered to answer the phone.

i think its time to change to digiweb cos eircom is too expensive and irish broadband is a joke. there are no other alternatives in carlow (clearwire is too slow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

well since my last post I have been offline. Not by choice. The internet connection just gave up the ghost. So much for always on indeed. I rang BT earlier to log the complaint just in case it is an area problem. So the complaint is logged and I was told that I should have a call back today but if I haven't heard anything in 2 days to ring back!! This is not the service I expect. I turned my modem off and then back on again and guess what....back online. This may be a modem problem. I have also emailed them to report the fault so I am waiting to hear back via email, that is if the BB doesn't drop out again. Very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Maureen Lipman

BT have let the nation down dears - absolutely outrageous service. I can't even get in touch with them - and I used to work there! So, when are we going to lobby Westminster about this shower of incompetents? I fall asleep half the time when trying to get through. 45 mins is my record for staying awake - the answer service girl is nowhere as good as I was - keeps repeating herself, silly woman. Something about being busy - we're all busy dear! Far too busy to spend time listening to that horrible recording. Well, people, the time has come to revolt - what do you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

BT have let the nation down dears - absolutely outrageous service. I can't even get in touch with them - and I used to work there! So, when are we going to lobby Westminster about this shower of incompetents? I fall asleep half the time when trying to get through. 45 mins is my record for staying awake - the answer service girl is nowhere as good as I was - keeps repeating herself, silly woman. Something about being busy - we're all busy dear! Far too busy to spend time listening to that horrible recording. Well, people, the time has come to revolt - what do you say!

I say - can I have whatever drugs you are on?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

I say - can I have whatever drugs you are on?!!

bill.murphy@bt.com

michael.maloney@bt.com

CC your complaints here --these are senior execs

And while you are at it--ask why managers refuse to take calls of complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I have a similar BT horror story.

I moved in November 2006. I called to have my service cancelled. I had been a customer for almost 3 years. I actually didn't have that many issues with my service to be honest.

That being said, I now continue to recieve a bill from BT every 2 months. I have gotten five in total now. Every two months they bill me, every two months I spend an hour on the phone explaining I had my services disconnected (even filled out a disconnect form) and that they have yet to cancel my account.

Funny thing is, they send the bill to my new address, which has no phone. They at first tried to convince me they had moved the services there, even though in our new flat there is no phone service available (old building). In fact, they billed me for the first two months on my credit card, and they owe me €98.

Each time I call they go through the notes, apologise, and say I'll get my €98 refund in two weeks.

Two months go by then I get a bill that has new charges, no refund, and I have to call again to go through the same process.

Each time the customer service people tell me they will DEFINITELY fix this problem, and they explain to me they have no idea why the account is still open when they have a service disconnect form on file, but alas, 10 months later, I just got my new bill a couple weeks ago and had to go through all this again.

On top of that, my former landlord is quite pissed off that the new tenant is complaining to him about the phone. Why? Eircom won't install a phone line there because they claim there is an active account. In fact the new tenant who moved in last DECEMBER wanted a phone line and broadband, but to date can't get either because BT won't release the line.

So I get billed, and the new tenant can't even get broadband because BT won't release the line nor will they close my account. They claim 'something in the system is not letting them shut the account'.

On a good note, the new tenants, after 10 months of waiting, went with the 3G wireless and is happy now with their mobile phone and wireless broadband.

I however am waiting for the next bill, since it has been two week and with no sign of my refund and no phone call from BT am pretty sure they have yet to fix this issue and another bill will be arriving in oh, say 6 more weeks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It really is very difficult to credit sometimes the incompetence that BT can so effortlessly achieve. You should long ago have got on to your credit card company and asked them to reverse these charges.

AFAIK if you follow and exhaust the BT dispute procedure you can then formally refer this matter to Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 derekkeith

I just can't take this any more!
    I ordered a line transfer on the 26/07/07
    I was promised it will be connected on the 1/08/07
    The previous owner cancelled the line on the 30/07/07
    I called on 3/08/07 pointing out that I could not move into my new business premises because the phone had not been transferred into my name and was still in the name of the previous owner and still active.
    I was promised the line would be transferred by 10/08/07. Came and went I could still not move in and was paying rent on the premises from 1/08/07.
    I called every second day waiting up to 1 hour each time to get connected. I was told an engineer would need to call to check the line even though it was working and I could get through to any number only the previous owner would have to pay. Engineer called on the 21/08/07 1 hour late and told me I had a new number allocated. I told him that was not on as I had listed this number on my website etc and it could not be changed. He checked the line and told me it was connected OK and to just go ahead and use it. I called Business Broadband to get that connected and was told it was still in the name of the previous owner. I called every day at least two or three times each time getting transferred from one advisor to the next. I now have three different reference numbers and was told two days ago that it would definitely be transferred by today at the latest (24/08/07) I have just been on the phone from 6.35 pm and have been told that the order has failed. I have been cleared for credit so I am at a loss to know why. I have been transferred back to sales and I am still waiting for a reply 20.35 TWO HOURS LATER. I have lost almost four weeks trading not to mention rent, rates and wasted advertising. It also looks very bad having an empty shop. I am a loss what to do. I have never known such horrible service and I cannot start getting angry with the people on the other end of the line as I know it is not their fault. WHAT CAN I DO TO START MY BUSINESS? People have committed suicide over less things than this. Does this not contravene human rights?
    I have just been told that the help desk is closed 20:48 "I am sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience"

Derek Keith
    Problem number 01569766667
    Last known reference number VOL0114843811196

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

twogunkid wrote:
    bill.murphy@bt.com

michael.maloney@bt.com

CC your complaints here --these are senior execs

And while you are at it--ask why managers refuse to take calls of complaint.

Bill murphy is long gone from the place. Emer Kennedy is head of consumer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 derekkeith

I just can't take this any more!
    I ordered a line transfer on the 26/07/07
    I was promised it will be connected on the 1/08/07
    The previous owner cancelled the line on the 30/07/07
    I called on 3/08/07 pointing out that I could not move into my new business premises because the phone had not been transferred into my name and was still in the name of the previous owner and still active.
    I was promised the line would be transferred by 10/08/07. Came and went I could still not move in and was paying rent on the premises from 1/08/07.
    I called every second day waiting up to 1 hour each time to get connected. I was told an engineer would need to call to check the line even though it was working and I could get through to any number only the previous owner would have to pay. Engineer called on the 21/08/07 1 hour late and told me I had a new number allocated. I told him that was not on as I had listed this number on my website etc and it could not be changed. He checked the line and told me it was connected OK and to just go ahead and use it. I called Business Broadband to get that connected and was told it was still in the name of the previous owner. I called every day at least two or three times each time getting transferred from one advisor to the next. I now have three different reference numbers and was told two days ago that it would definitely be transferred by today at the latest (24/08/07) I have just been on the phone from 6.35 pm and have been told that the order has failed. I have been cleared for credit so I am at a loss to know why. I have been transferred back to sales and I am still waiting for a reply 20.35 TWO HOURS LATER. I have lost almost four weeks trading not to mention rent, rates and wasted advertising. It also looks very bad having an empty shop. I am a loss what to do. I have never known such horrible service and I cannot start getting angry with the people on the other end of the line as I know it is not their fault. WHAT CAN I DO TO START MY BUSINESS? People have committed suicide over less things than this. Does this not contravene human rights?
    I have just been told that the help desk is closed 20:48 "I am sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience"

Derek Keith
    Problem number 01569766667
    Last known reference number VOL0114843811196

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

was that an eircom engineer who called Derek ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

BT Customer support...HA.

I moved house a month ago and I am still trying to get the line sorted out even though my new house already had BT phone and broadband.

Got told 4 different things by BT customer support people as to how I should go about getting my accoutn setup in new address.

One even told me I should just go with Eircom as it would be easier all round to which I couldnt stop laughing...at least he was honest.

No phone or broadband now still as they have a bar on the phone until the receive the correct forms in the correct order...of course no one there can tell me which f*^%ing forms they actually want so a stalemate has developed. Can't go to eircom either as BT wont release the line.

They are incompetent MORONS!!!

Once this is eventually sorted out, I 100% expect them to continue billing me for my old service also which they have now nicely cancelled on me which will be a whole other pile os sh*te to go through with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 e05172

would you believe it, I've been trying to pay a BT bill for the past two weeks, I have just moved house and was first of all forced to use BT as they wouldn't touch my phone line as they said it belonged to another company, the other company can't set you up until you have a live line, so it's back to BT who then charge you £140 for the prveledge and insist on you signing a 12 month contract, of which it would cost £70 to get out of if you want to use someone else. this is just for starters....
    I recieve a bill and call to set up a direct debit, I can't get through for 5 days by phone so I try online, as I had an online account before, no look here, back to the phones and another 2 days, I eventually get through with my blood boiling and the person on the other end of the phone can hardly understand a word I'm saying, I ask to speak to a superviser and the phone goes on hold for the next 15 minutes, needless to say I'm P****d off

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

ordered 22 october 2007
    modem arrived monday 26th november no dsl light-was informed this was an eircom fault
    monday 3rd december dsl light appeared
    monday 3rd december phone line transferred from eircom
    phone stops working
    wednesday 5th december phone repaired-dsl light vanishes again
    rang thursday 6th december to report fault
    was informed that there was a fault on the line-told it could take five working days to fix
    rang today 13th december told they would have to re-report fault
    am about to cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

OK, BT are giving me high blood pressure. :mad:

Same as a lot of people here. Signed up with them in august last year 3MB BB & Talk package - €50 p/m - wasn't billed til Feb and was billed at the 3MB BB & Total talk package - Grr. Got it sorted but asked why I couldn't see my bills online.

Had to sign up to Online billing again.

Just checked my online bills again, and they've posted one bill twice and have changed me back to the more expensive package again???

Cancellation time I think! Is there any decent company in Ireland that offer good broadband at a reasonable price and can actually bill people correctly? I live in Laytown, Co Meath.

Banging head off desk!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

so i rang today to cancel the service-the bt person asked me for my account number-did'nt know it so she states that she cannot handle the call as she cannot verify the status of my account. So i ask how do i get the account no and she says they will send me a bill but they cannot accept cancellation without the account number.

if you were making this up you could not do better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Get rid of the monthly download caps, what with the new XBox live movie service one film and a few demos and thats my limit used up for the month. Hard to choose what to download for myself as I have a PS3 and a PC too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 warmonster

Phoned 2 weeks ago to place an order for a BT landline. They wanted £50 deposit which I gave them. Till now I do not have a landline. After alot of phone calls and confusion regarding orders and order numbers I finally cancelled the order. I am still waiting for a refund and am currently being charged for that payment. It seems to me that the sale people at BT do not know what they are doing. The one person I spoke to was laughing and excused himself by saying the he was CHOKING!!! What kind of service is this for a company like BT who has been around since I was Born!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John.Smtih

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rant

Have just moved into a new flat and the previous tenant had a spat with her boyfriend and therefore refuses to pay the phone bill. This has resulted in the biggest pain in my brain....BT won't release the line until the bill is paid...I can't go to any other provider until BT release the line....it would cost me alot of time and money to reconnect the flat...BT seem to be populated by idiotic monkeys who don't have a clue what they're doing....my landlord assured me the bill would be paid this week so I call BT ask for the girl I was dealing with to be told there is no one of that name in that department...ok...then I explain the situation and tell them the bill should've been paid by now....monkey boy on the other end of the phone tells me he can't give out any information on the account because I'm not the account holder....I ask him then what am I expected to do...he replies 'you must wait until the bill is paid then we can change the name'....so I say 'the bill isn't paid then????'....dur....idiots...this country is in the dark ages when it comes to broadband and indeed to customer service.....I can't be the first person that this has happened to! What the hell do they expect me to do??? I know one thing though if and when they do release the line I won't be getting my broadband from BT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Depends how much the bill is, if it's more then getting a new landline...best to get a fresh install, there must be some legal recourse though....shirley they can't expect YOU to pay someone else's bill, do they?

Thats like me buying a house and the previous owner having a whopping phone bill, if the previous owner has the bill in there name is there legal responsibility and BT should track them down.

See who owns the original landline, as in was it the landlord that had it installed or a tenent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

See the fine point is this...they say they won't release the line or change ownership until it's paid...see what they are doing?, they'll happily put it in YOUR name if you pay it off...but refuse to give out the current account holders details or release the line until it's paid.

They don't care about data protection or account security, they just want money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rant

No...they're not even that clever I'd pay the bloody thing just to be done with it but they won't tell me how much it is....it was the previous tenant that had the account

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Rant wrote: »
    No...they're not even that clever I'd pay the bloody thing just to be done with it but they won't tell me how much it is....it was the previous tenant that had the account

Its ironic isnt it? :rolleyes: They have used debt collectors in the past when they shouldnt have and now apparently they wont pursue someone for a debt but will allow that debt to block a willing customer?? They are a strange company indeed! have you tried asking Comreg if they have a view on such matters?

Advertisement