Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build logs

Options
  • 15-06-2007 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon Lads...

It has been brought to my attention that you would like indivdual build logs, for building, modding, and overclocking. So if you want your own sticky just drop me a pm. And i will start a new thread for you.

let me know! I would rather a sub fora of T&M purely for benchmarking and E-penis show off's

I shall suggest a new sub fora for T&W which will be called Benchmarking. Give it your support if you feel it is worthwhile.

Thanks,

Anti.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I think this forum is more than enough, its not exactly busy..

And you think its worthwhile to have 20+ build logs cluttering up the place? A sub forum is just as easy and neater.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Please point out the 20+ build logs cluttering up the page. At the moment it just seems to be Anti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Anti wrote:
    And you think its worthwhile to have 20+ build logs cluttering up the place? A sub forum is just as easy and neater.

I see 3, two of which seem to be yours...

• Advertisement

Yeah atm. But there are others building too l31mr0d for one. Plus its handy for people with a similar system to have a look at how the more experienced builders do it. And it can help troubleshoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

my builds comming along soon , new place for logs ftw good idea anti

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea ill do mine tomorrow night have all the pictures and stuf now

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848761

Well there's mine... I swear i'll finish it someday

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

ye would love a sub forum for logs..itll help me find out how to build me own pc from looking at others doing it.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What's wrong with a link to an actual blog/journal/webpage in your sig?
    Or a list of buildlogs & user rigs on a Biki page, which gets linked from the usual "Read This" sticky, or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I agree, a sticky where you post links to your work logs would be better then a whole forum.

Anything further to this? I think for the time being anyway just post a sticky at the top called "Build logs" then ask people to just post links to their logs with a description of it, no discussion. Then a mod could just edit the original post to contain all the logs. Sort them by user. Oh would it be allowed to post links to logs on other fora?

^ that sounds like really good idea man.. hopefully thats what will happen :)

i can show pics of me tryna put together my first pc..in 2-3 weeks :D

Im still waiting on the lazy admins to create the forum...

:(

Its created.

Do you want to move some of the older logs into that new section then? If people start posting links to there old logs then they should be easy enough to move to the new sub forum.

EDIT: Heres a bunch of my ones anyway. I'll be updating the pictures in the first log as the site I had them previously hosted on got deleted :(

[CaseMod] First Attempt

Overclocking log

Fan upgrade log and heat problems

12cm front bay fan mod

P180 build - Tuniq, HR05, Opty... etc *56K*

Overclocking Opty 165, Mushkin RAM & 7900GTX

Build log: (\/)0n0L17(-) II & HAL 1.0

Yeah any logs i find in t&w ill move over. If 8t8 wants he can move the ones form b&u to there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

unklerosco wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848761

Well there's mine... I swear i'll finish it someday

There's mine......

hey how come unkle got his log in there but none of mine got moved over :( not good enough eh? bah, unkles is better than any of mine and he hasn't even finished it ;)

• Advertisement

The one one of yours i can find is in b&u forum, where i have no access ot move it. I cant find any in t&w. If you can and can get the link ill move them in :) Same for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote:
    The one one of yours i can find is in b&u forum, where i have no access ot move it. I cant find any in t&w. If you can and can get the link ill move them in :) Same for anyone else.

bah lazy mods these days :p

is the new forum labled overclocking logs..?

thats the only one i can see..i tought there be logs of the actual building :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

think it was a mistake

Yeah, the admin named it wrongly. Im waiting on him to rename it.

Advertisement