Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Bordeaux, Faro, and Malaga from Waterford Airport

Options
  • 30-06-2007 4:38pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As some may know already, these flights were suppose to commence last Friday 22nd June, but so far they have not began. All passengers which were booked on flights up to now were brought by bus to either Cork or Shannon and their flights went from there.

Slattery Travel are the company operating these flights and they say that the hold up is due to some sort of issuing of a licence of some sort. To be honest, I think its very unprofessional for these delays to be happening. They have been advertising these flights for the last 3 months and as of yet, not one flight has left from Waterford.

All affected passengers have been offered compensation of €65 to each passenger along with free food and drinks on their flights along with a free return flights from Waterford to any of their 3 locations for each passenger.

Waterford Airport inform me however, that what ever licensing issue there was, has now been sorted out and that the first of theses flights is to arrive in Waterford airport at 18.25(approx) this evening.

Here is the official timetables for each flight taken from here

WATERFORD TO BORDEAUX (FRANCE)
    Depart Arrive Flight No
    11.30 13.00 865 Mondays and Fridays From 22nd June
    BORDEAUX TO WATERFORD
    Depart Arrive Flight No
    13.45 15.15 866 Mondays and Fridays From 22nd June

WATERFORD TO FARO (PORTUGAL)
    Depart Arrive Flight No
    14.20 17.20 832 Wednesdays and Sundays From 22nd June
    FARO TO WATERFORD
    Depart Arrive Flight No
    18.20 21.20 833 Wednesdays From 22nd June
    10.45 13.45 834 Sundays From 22nd June

WATERFORD TO MALAGA (SPAIN)
    Depart Arrive Flight No
    14.00 17.00 823 Tuesdays and Saturdays From 22nd June
    MALAGA TO WATERFORD
    Depart Arrive Flight No
    17.45 20.45 824 Tuesdays From 22nd June
    10.30 13.30 824 Saturdays From 22nd June

So lets hope that whatever teething problems Slatterys had are now behind them and these Summer Sun flights can operate on a regular basis out of our regional airport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,165 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Waterford - Luton has gone very expensive, but I recently flew Waterford Birmingham and also Waterford Manchester, and apart from the fact that Manchester airport is not user friendly - though the road signage is very good - its a great service, and a fantastic amenity.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well, the Malaga flight returned to Waterford this evening at 19.10 and departed again at 19.35 for Galway where it will drop off its remaining passengers before heading back down to Waterford in the morning to begin its Summer schedules from Waterford airport

Here are a few pics of the actual aircraft
    bae-146.jpg
    bae-146%20waterford.jpg

And some footage of the plane taking off

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Great bit of footage Aquos76, wife nearly s**t herself when it was taking off, thought it was on fire before take off. The way it went in and out of that tunnel was brilliant. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Great to hear its finally up and running. Tbh though that week delay doesnt really do much for the airports reputation does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

deise59 wrote:
    Great to hear its finally up and running. Tbh though that week delay doesnt really do much for the airports reputation does it?

To Honest Neither does the fckin cement mixer on the edge of the runway ...lol ..... :D:D

Id rather be shot out of a cannon in the direction on spain:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

To Honest Neither does the fckin cement mixer on the edge of the runway ...lol ..... :D:D

Id rather be shot out of a cannon in the direction on spain:D

its needed for the cement to extend the runway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Well done Aquos great pics and great bit of footage , I would'nt mind jetting off to sunnier climes meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BLUE 59

Aquos that is brill your in the wrong job do ya do weddings

Your too kind.

Oh yeah, Its about time you you registered on here. You have been reading boards for well over 2 years now. I glad to see it was one of my posts that got you to sign up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I actually saw that plane coming in just before dark last night out here in Grantstown. It looked and sounded really cool. Waterford Airport really is (as it were) taking off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They will have to upgrade their baggage collection yoke. An electrically operated one would be a start. It's a very poor airport as passenger facilities go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Interesting to see a jet-engined olane in Waterford - must only be the Boeing / Airbus jets that are too big for the runway. Though I've never flown through Waterford, its exactly the kind of airport I like travelling through: small, no queues, close parking, easy(ish) access - ideal. Compared to Dublin airport, its a dream.

The BAE 146 is the only jet allowed to small airports like WAT and LCY. They need very little runway to take off and land. The 4 engines gives it the punch needed on takeoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Bards

Bond-007 wrote:
    The BAE 146 is the only jet allowed to small airports like WAT and LCY. They need very little runway to take off and land. The 4 engines gives it the punch needed on takeoff.

and the stopping power via reverse thrust on landing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

i wonder how competively priced are they compared to cork dublin and shannon?

I would say they are only sold as part of a package holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

Bards wrote:
    and the stopping power via reverse thrust on landing:D

No reverse thrust on the BAe-146! It uses spoilers and airbrakes on landing and the engines aren't equipped for reverse thrust. It is incredibly quiet, much much quieter than the ATRs when it flies overhead, fairly impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

Bond-007 wrote:
    I would say they are only sold as part of a package holiday.

They are sold as flights only too but most of them have now being sold out

plenty of availability on the Bordeaux and Faro routes. Prices are fairly competitive too, with plenty of €99 return prices available on the Bordeaux route and €199 return on the Faro route.

http://www.slatterys.com/

Advertisement