Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Since ph3n0m is retiring is was wondering who would you like to see as mod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I vote kentonbomb! He's everything we need in a mod ;)

err right yeah. Mr nice guy, or the foz should get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

triple h wrote:
    You see. I believe him. If you are mod you have to read every post, carefully. Sometimes you may not get a chance to post cause of all the 'careful' reading.
    Just to say this isn't true. I read 95% of posts in Investments & Markets and 100% in Economics, but there are about 5% of posts in Investments & Markets that I really can't be arsed reading because I'm not interested in that particular topic.

As we don't read everything I should mention that if anyone has any problems with any post on any forum, hit the report post button (the triangle with the exclamation mark in it) and mods will intervene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wow. Two votes. I feel blessed :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Congrats Fozzy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

In honor of Fozzy a picture of the Mountie!! A role model of sorts.Mountie.jpg

Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best of luck, Fozzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i hope minto or fozzy is mod,fozzy is here longer than mr.nice guy and mr.nice guy doesn't like me so i hope minto or fozzy

kentonbomb wrote:
    i hope minto or fozzy is mod,fozzy is here longer than mr.nice guy and mr.nice guy doesn't like me so i hope minto or fozzy

Fozzy is mod....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

kentonbomb wrote:
    and mr.nice guy doesn't like me

Does anybody in fairness?

Does anybody in fairness?
    why is that exactly

• Advertisement

There could be many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Fair play Fozzy on becoming the new mod.

One thing though I have to point out. Kentonbomb got 2 votes as did Mossy Monk...WTF?! Somebody with a grand total of 43 posts managed to get the same amount of votes as somebody with 16,306 posts?! As the hurricane used to say: 'was up wit dat!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Fozzy, I don't know should I congratulate you or offer you my condolences, lol. Anyway, best of luck!

Kentonbomb got 2 votes as did Mossy Monk...WTF?! Somebody with a grand total of 43 posts managed to get the same amount of votes as somebody with 16,306 posts?! As the hurricane used to say: 'was up wit dat!'

Fixed. I now have three as I just voted for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Congrats Fozzy. I hope you make disrespecting Chris Jericho a bannable offence. ;)
    kentonbomb wrote:

What? I love you, man. I can't believe you would think otherwise. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, thanks everyone. I look forward to moderating in moderation, and hopefully not having to turn into board's Mr McMahon too often

"YOU'RE BANNNNNNNNNED!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, thanks everyone. I look forward to moderating in moderation, and hopefully not having to turn into board's Mr McMahon too often

"YOU'RE BANNNNNNNNNED!!"

Ha, and to have the bans overturned you could set up the Mr Fozzy's Kiss My Ass club. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have only returned as of late to reading the Pro Wrestling forum and even though I dont post very often, I can safely say Fozzy deserves this, fair play!

Although I will say that Mr Nice Guy also would have been a worthy mod , I find imo that both of these guys posts are excellent.

Ha, and to have the bans overturned you could set up the Mr Fozzy's Kiss My Ass club. :)

lol, we now know not to get Fozzy angry!!

Willstev wrote:
    I have only returned as of late to reading the Pro Wrestling forum and even though I dont post very often, I can safely say Fozzy deserves this, fair play!

Although I will say that Mr Nice Guy also would have been a worthy mod , I find imo that both of these guys posts are excellent.
    i know, but i post the good threads, without my threads this forum would be stale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

kentonbomb wrote:
    i know, but i post the good threads, without my threads this forum would be stale

No offence buts that exactly why you will never be a mod. Being a mod is mostly about keeping other people in line, deleting things where you need to and keeping threads on topic.

Plus you never, ever, ask for a modship.

I had 4000 posts under my belt before i was even considered for a modship on Fitness, and i was posting non stop quality info and help.

You earn a modship, not ask for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

kentonbomb wrote:

Your here two months by the look of it , and the two lads have been here years.

Apologies by the way cause I have absolutely no idea who you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Congrats fozzy.
    Good choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

kentonbomb wrote:

You just post the most threads. If anything your flooding the board. Also, if you really want to become a mod you might wanna show some respect to the people who will be picking him. After all you got two votes and I'm assuming you voted for yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Votes don't mean ****, it's at mods and admins discretion.
    And kentonbomb, you need to get over yourself, just because you post the most threads don't mean a damn thing, there are guys there longer than you that didn't get it either.

And even if the voting made a bit of difference, triple h and RebelRockChick are there longer than half the people listed on that poll, yourself included, and they weren't even in the running!

Christ! **** like that, no wonder Ph3n0m retired!
    VR!

i didn't even want the mod job anyway, i mean i don't care if i got it or not, i just don't see how guys like mr.nice guy gets loads of respect on here,just because he's here long, and no one gives me any respect for setting up all them threads for you guys to write in, i've got nothing against mr. nice guy, but it seems guys like him think they own this forum and have no respect for the new guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

kentonbomb wrote:
    i didn't even want the mod job anyway, i mean i don't care if i got it or not, i just don't see how guys like mr.nice guy gets loads of respect on here,just because he's here long, and no one gives me any respect for setting up all them threads for you guys to write in, i've got nothing against mr. nice guy, but it seems guys like him think they own this forum and have no respect for the new guys

Starting a thread is a simple thing to do but it's a hell of a lot more difficult to consistently post very well thought out posts such as Mr Nice Guy has been doing here for years. I read this forum every day but don't post often because mos of the time one of the regulars has already expressed what would have been my opinion far better than I would have myself.

Respect is earned so perhaps you need to consider why you feel you have none.

I also like Mr. Nice Guy because he knows how to use a full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

kentonbomb wrote:

kentonbomb, the reason Mr.Nice Guy gets respect is not only because he's been here long, it's because he contributes to discussions in an intelligent manner and doesn't use txt speak, not to mention that he doesn't go asking for respect

You'll get respect if you don't keep getting wound up so easily. You've posted some decent threads, but you've also posted some not so decent ones, like "Name something you've got in common with a wrestler" and a thread with just the WM results without a hint of discussion

I'm sure people would be happy to have you here if you put a little more effort into your spelling and grammar. Most importantly, use more than one sentence for a post, you do have a full-stop key, right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone can start a thread, but it takes intelligence to contribute to it, and keep it going. Myself and MNG have had some famous arguments on this board. Generally we would never agree, but see each others point at the same time. Thats what a forum is about, not starting threads the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Guys like Mr. Nice Guy deserve respect here.

Respect is earned by making good, relavent and interesting posts/threads. Respect is not earned by arguing with long term posters (a mistake I made in my first post here, I think it was with Mr. Nice Guy to, lol), making stupid threads (i'm not aiming that at you, just stating fact) and most inportant of all, respect the other regular posters (at least until you are one).
    E.g. I don't consider myself one yet and i'm posting here at least once a day for nearly a year.

Don't look at this as a lecture, just a bit of friendly advice from someone who is here a little longer than you. If you do follow what I said above, you'll be here for years to come and maybe even become a mod someday.

Edit: another thing not to do is make stupid claims in your posts ala Jay-Jay e.g. Mr. Kennedy is better at mat wrestling than Chris Benoit. Also, the other guys seem to have beaten me to this, but i'll leave it here anyway for you to read.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement