Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

title divisions f*cked up

• 23-04-2007 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

some title divisions are f*cked up in wwe right now, i mean the tag divisions, ic and cruiserweght divisions are stale, wwe has a load of stars that could make them divisions a lot more entertaining to watch,for instance with the ic title division they could have masters, crazy,flair,carlito,jeff,val venis,eugene,nitro,viscera,khali and dykstra and for the cruiserweights they have helms, chavo, yang, funaki, scotty 2 hotty, noble and davari and for tag division they have murdoch/cade, cryme tyme, WGTT, highlanders and some other misused tags, instead they have a nobody form ovw as ic champ, and a guy who is atleast over 260 pounds as cruiserweight champ, IMO they should have in WWE one world title,one tag title, one womens title, one cruiserweight title and one IC title (no other titles like US title and all the other ones) i think whoever has them belts i mentioned can go and compete in every show (SD!, ECW, RAW) until they lose the belt,what do u think, then we could have good matches every week like taker vs cena, rey vs HBK and benoit vs edge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Firstly, this isn't MSN or texting so please take some time to punctuate and space out your posts. It was quite hard to read.

Secondly, because of the brand split they need seperate champs for each show. When the split first happened they had one champ wrestle both shows but it just caused confusion as they were effectively in two storylines at once.

You are right that a lot of their talent is underused however. The IC title is a joke nowadays. It used to mean something. It used to be a potential stepping stone to the world title. Not anymore though.

I think the tag division is pretty healthy now and this is the only division I think that should be crossover. Especially now that Shelton and Haas are tagging again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kentonbomb wrote:
    some title divisions are f*cked up in wwe right now, i mean the tag divisions,ic and cruiserweght divisions are stale,wwe has a load of stars that could make them divisions a lot more entertaining to watch,for instance with the ic title division they could have masters,crazy,flair,carlito,jeff,val venis,eugene,nitro,viscera,khali and dykstra and for the cruiserweights they have helms,chavo,yang,funaki,scotty 2 hotty,noble and davari and for tag division they have murdoch/cade,cryme tyme,WGTT,highlanders and some other misused tags,instead they have a nobody form ovw as ic champ, and a guy who is atleast over 260 pounds as cruiserweight champ,IMO they should have in WWE one world title,one tag title,one womens title,one cruiserweight title and one IC title (no other titles like US title and all the other ones) i think whoever has them belts i mentioned can go and compete in every show (SD!,ECW,RAW) until they lose the belt,what do u think,then we could have good matches every week like taker vs cena,rey vs HBK and benoit vs edge

Learn to type. That is a mess. And you wanted to be a moderator. That's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I think the blame lies squarley with the writers. It's been seen how they flow with one storyline then seem to get bored and rop it completely. An example would be Cryme Time. Big debut, funnny skits, even won a chance at the tag titles ages ago.

Instead they have Rated RKO lose the titles to the thrown together team of Michaels and Cena. It would have been much better to maybe have Cena/Michaels cost RKO the titles to Cryme Time maybe billing it as an upset. This could have flowed the team into a program with WGTT who had been recently repaired and had some funny skits of their won with Cryme Time.

The structure of WWE is bad at the moment. Theyre trying to keep all the big names on the card instead of a more balanced approach where you could easily have an incredible match with Noble/Chavo/Helms/Moore in the cruiserweight division or even give Benoit more than his normal ten minutes in the US title scene if they just invested time into it. Instead they have McMahon jhabber on for half an hour/Raw reviews/useless squash matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I know where the OP is coming from, but surely a big reason in the brand split in the first place was to soften the workload on the wrestlers, so putting them on every show again defeats the purpose. This would work with the tag scene, but the other shows need their own champion. WWE should take a look at what set TNA apart last year when they were good, the tag scene. Interesting feuds between good teams. WWE has the good teams, they just need to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I have to say I like the idea of the IC champ working all three shows. Or at least RAW and Smackdown. It would be very fresh and since they are combining all three brands on PPV now it work well. I don`t mean making it like a TV title that is defended each week on each show. More that the IC champ could feud with any guy from any brand. So if he has a feud with someone from RAW he can then mix it up and feud with a Smackdown guy next or vice versa.

I think it would freshen up the belt and return some must needed prestige to it. Although that would also require strong booking which is unlikely to happen.

In general I think they should go back to divisions. So for instance book it so that IC guys only feud with each other and Tag Teams are put over strong. Not the way they do it now where guys are hardly put over at all before jobbing to the title contenders. You should have to be an established Tag Team to win the belts, not just two guys thrown together.

And while I`m on a rant, they should really bring back proper names for all tag teams. None of this Cade and Murdoch or London and Kendrick nonsense! Everything should be done to emphasise that that the tag teams are a unit and as such in their realm are the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Mossy Monk wrote:
    there i edited it all just for you

Mossy Monk wrote:
    there i edited it all just for you:rolleyes:

It's still one long sentance. Full stops do exist you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

kentonbomb wrote:
    there i edited it all just for you:rolleyes:

omg thats is edited !! id hate to see the original edit ! ok i have to agree with most of your points !! i miss the days of edge and christian, hardy boyz, dudleys etc battleing for the tag belts !! but its should be Shelton and Hass Vs Hardy Boz not the other gay rehabs :p:p by the way what happened to the Murdoch gay storyline on wwe.com??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kentonbomb wrote:
    there i edited it all just for you

If you are going to claim you edited it then at least edit it properly. It is very difficult to read it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think the tag division is pretty healthy now and this is the only division I think that should be crossover. Especially now that Shelton and Haas are tagging again.

The raw tag titles are kind of cross branded already what with matt still being a smackdown superstar to my knowledge. I'd like to see the IC title being shared between ECW and RAW . I think it's fair to say that everybody misses the 24/7 hardcore title and when it got fused with the IC title every hardcore was thrown in the garbage (bin lid to the head, always a classic) The fact that ECW doesn't have a hardcore title is a bit of a disgrace. Imagine Snow vs. Sabu every week as opposed to Lashley against the OVW cruiserweight champion or someone equally as challenging

As for the tag division, they should be melded, after all , the best faction war is in ECW and that storyline could really do with titles swapping between the nine of them, not to mention they have the best tag teams in the WWE bar Rated RKO

In an unrelated thread, they should bring back The Hurricane

Mossy Monk wrote:
    If you are going to claim you edited it then at least edit it properly. It is very difficult to read it.
    If you spilt the words up you will be able to read it. Ok its like this D-I-V-I-S-I-O-N now that spells division :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

WWE right now is in the same piss poor shape it was in 2001 with too many belts. I mean, what was the point in unifying them all just to bring em back out again?!

And seeing as they're slowly getting rid of the brand split, it's gonna be a right mess.

Get rid of the US title, one set of the tag titles and the ECW title and keep the two other main titles. Seriously, who could be bothered trying to keep up with all the titleholders?

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

kentonbomb wrote:
    If you spilt the words up you will be able to read it. Ok its like this D-I-V-I-S-I-O-N now that spells division :rolleyes:
    Someone is not happy over not getting mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

If I was incharge, i'd:
    1. Unify the Tag titles (one set of titles, accross the 3 brands).
    2. Keep the WWE and World Heavyweight titles.
    3. Scrap the ECW World title and re-instate the Hardcore belt (ECW wrestlers can challenge either World champ and either World champ can appear on ECW, or ECW and SmackDown! could share the World Heavyweight title).
    4. Keep the Women's title and make the Cruiserweight title defendable on all 3 brands.
    6. The Intercontinental title would stay on RAW and the US title on SmackDown!, maybe introduce a TV title in ECW (or the Hardcore could serve as a mid-level title in ECW).

I know it has some flaws storyline wise, but its better than what wwe currently have.

In an ideal situation:
    1. Scrap the brand extension.
    2. Sack the sh*t wrestlers.
    3. Scrap all titles bar the WWE, IC, Tag-team, Women's and Cruiserweight belts.
    4. Un-ban the use of words like:
    (a) strap and belt for titles
    (b) wrestler for superstars
    (c) valet for divas
    (d) and finally, come to some kind of deal with the World Wildlife Fund to become the WWF again.

I know its never gonna happen, but I can dream can't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Minto wrote:
    If I was incharge, i'd:
    3. Scrap the ECW World title and re-instate the Hardcore belt (ECW wrestlers can challenge either World champ and either World champ can appear on ECW, or ECW and SmackDown! could share the World Heavyweight title).
    4. Keep the Women's title and make the Cruiserweight title defendable on all 3 brands.
    6. The Intercontinental title would stay on RAW and the US title on SmackDown!, maybe introduce a TV title in ECW (or the Hardcore could serve as a mid-level title in ECW).

I know it has some flaws storyline wise, but its better than what wwe currently have.

In an ideal situation:
    1. Scrap the brand extension.
    2. Sack the sh*t wrestlers.
    3. Scrap all titles bar the WWE, IC, Tag-team, Women's and Cruiserweight belts.
    4. Un-ban the use of words like:
    (a) strap and belt for titles
    (b) wrestler for superstars
    (c) valet for divas
    (d) and finally, come to some kind of deal with the World Wildlife Fund to become the WWF again.

I know its never gonna happen, but I can dream can't I?

id elect you as next GM!! i agree with u compleatly

I didn't get mod, so i'll setle for GM, lol. Seriously though, WWE (hopefully someday i'll be calling it the WWF again) need to make some pretty major changes soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

WWE right now is in the same piss poor shape it was in 2001 with too many belts. I mean, what was the point in unifying them all just to bring em back out again?!

And seeing as they're slowly getting rid of the brand split, it's gonna be a right mess.

Get rid of the US title, one set of the tag titles and the ECW title and keep the two other main titles. Seriously, who could be bothered trying to keep up with all the titleholders?

VR!

Dude your nick is never going to work when it comes to wrestling! "Valid" and "Reasoning" don`t exist is the wrestling dictionary!:D

Just wondering why people want the brand extension scrapped.Do you really want Cena to ruin ECW and Smackdown, not to mention wrestlers like Nitro and MVP would barely get a look in, not even mentioning great moments we would have missed like the Miz pinning Benoit. If anything the brand extension is a great thing. More wrestling and less Cena. In fact Lashley should be sent to OVW to develop personality as a punishment for ignoring the rules on brand extension

Bubs101 wrote:
    not even mentioning great moments we would have missed like the Miz pinning Benoit.
    There is something criminally wrong with that sentence.
    More wrestling and less Cena.
    Watch Raw this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Bubs101 wrote:
    Just wondering why people want the brand extension scrapped.Do you really want Cena to ruin ECW and Smackdown, not to mention wrestlers like Nitro and MVP would barely get a look in, not even mentioning great moments we would have missed like the Miz pinning Benoit. If anything the brand extension is a great thing. More wrestling and less Cena. In fact Lashley should be sent to OVW to develop personality as a punishment for ignoring the rules on brand extension

Until recently I was all for the brand extension. But with cross brand ppv's, well there's not too much point. Up until the introduction of ECW I would've said WWE were doing a good job of distinguishing the two brands.

There were fans that watched Raw only, and fans that watched Smackdown only. PPV's were chugging along nicely, could've done with a couple less, but that's okay. There was even a nice bit of rivalry at Survivor Series, which made the event a bit more special.

ECW One Night Stand was nice as a one off. Remembering the "glory days".

But the introduction of ECW was an hour a week too much for WWE. Messed up both the Raw and Smackdown rosters, with wrestlers going to ecw, then to raw, then to ecw, then back to smackdown, and arseways. Then having ECW matchs on smackdown and raw ppv's. This essentialy killed the brand extension for me. Since the Armageddon PPV with the 4 way tag ladders match, raw wrestlers have been popping up and smackdown, and smackdown wrestlers on raw fairly regularily, the prime examples being the Hardy's and MNM.

At this stage the extension is a joke. But it's fixable.

Double C, although the match last night was phenominal and the top rope fame-asser was lovely, it was just one match. And as for something being criminally wrong with the Miz pinning Benoit , I agree. He should have locked in the crossface and made Benoit tap out, then grab the mike and shout HOO-RAH for at least five minutes to make JBL explode in a fit of brilliant metaphors

Cena did well last night against Shawn, one of the best matches i seen on RAW in ages

Bubs101 wrote:
    Double C, although the match last night was phenominal and the top rope fame-asser was lovely, it was just one match. And as for something being criminally wrong with the Miz pinning Benoit , I agree. He should have locked in the crossface and made Benoit tap out, then grab the mike and shout HOO-RAH for at least five minutes to make JBL explode in a fit of brilliant metaphors

Sure, if your into that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Minto wrote:
    If I was incharge, i'd:

Can't say that I agree with a lot of that.

1. I can see where you're coming from. With the Hardyz (and previously MNM) appearing regularly RAW and Smackdown!, the need for two titles has diminshed. Furthermore, London and Kendrick have been starved of proper opposition since they beat MNM, so the idea that TWCTT or whoever could come over an feud with them is appealing on paper.

But unifying the titles is really just putting a band aid over the larger problem of the disintegration of the brand split. Having two seperate tag divisions worked well for a time, back when being a Smackdown! talent meant wrestling exclusively for Smackdown!. Having two titles had the advantage of putting over two teams at once. It also rounds out the roster, gives it depth and gives fans something to care about. A perfect example here is ECW. If you're not challenging for title or taking part in the New Breed vs Oldies rivalry, there is very little for talent to do. Guys like Dupree and Knox simply don't have angles that they can use to engage the fans. ECW Tag Titles would go some way in making ECW feel more like a brand, and less like an ill-conceived afterthought like it does now.

3. Why scrap the ECW title to bring back a title that had lost all its prestige long before it was finally and belatedly retired?

They tried having less titles than brands before, and the result was that one brand effectively lived in stasis while a championship storyline was being built on the other show.

4. All the cruiserweights are on Smackdown! as it is, bar Supercrazy, so its not like there is a large well of storyline opportunities that are being missed by having the title being defended on Smackdown!. Personally, I loved watching Smackdown! when the division was at its peak. The cruiserweights made Smackdown! feel like a completely different show. By having the cruiserweights compete on all shows, there would be no way of recapturing that feeling.

Bubs101 wrote:
    Just wondering why people want the brand extension scrapped.Do you really want Cena to ruin ECW and Smackdown, not to mention wrestlers like Nitro and MVP would barely get a look in, not even mentioning great moments we would have missed like the Miz pinning Benoit.

Smackdown actually got WORSE since Cena left when we had Mizark Hizenry main eventing and Batista gradually deteriorating.

As for (WW)ECW, thats already ruined! Cena would actually fit in better than Matt "I'm Your Teacher" Striker and Renee ****in' Dupree!

I dont mind the brand extension being there, it's less pressure on the road for the entire roster, but theres too many damn titles and not enough legit contenders for them!

VR!

The Cena on smackdown was a gangsta rapper and more entertaining, then he got drafted and boring. Personally I'd take Kennedy, Kane and Benoit over Cena and keep in mind that they also lost Eddie in tragic circumstances, not only robbing them of one of their best draws, but lumping them with a shocking storyline and elevating Chavo to main eventer status because they had to honour him.

But in the past year Smackdown has gotten back on track, plenty of new talent in MVP, Kennedy, Jimmy Wang Yang and THE MIZ. It also has the best commentry team which adds a lot to the matches.

Everyone knows Smackdown is the second show and it always suffers from Raw pinching it's talent once it has developed it (Edge being the best example) but keep in mind, when it comes to entertainment it's the best. Instead of Umaga and Lashley destroying jobbers and the formerly crap,now the best technical wrestler the world has ever seen, Cena winning every match (yes I know he was great last night) and an inslting D-X just cashing in, you get an entertaining cruiserweight division, great promos from the likes of Booker, MVP The MIZ and Kennedy and good technichal wrestling from the likes of Benoit and Regal, the likes of which has not been seen on Raw for a long time excluding last night...I realise I should have put a full stop there, just couldn't see where. In the current climate I feel the need to apologise.

Also, Henry was signed to a massive contract originally so they were stuck with him.
    How can Supercrazy be a cruiserweight, he eats all the pies and if they brought back the Hurricane it would be unstoppable

b.ie polar wrote:
    Why scrap the ECW title to bring back a title that had lost all its prestige long before it was finally and belatedly retired?

I want to scrap the ECW World title because it has f*ck all prestige. At least the Hardcore title would entertain us and it would mean we get to see some hardcore action, which is what most of the ECW die hards out there want to see. Personally, I could take it or leave it.

Also, when did the hardcore title ever have prestige? It was a complete and utter joke and that was it's appeal to the fans. It was entertaining and unpredictable, but it never, ever had prestige.

Bubs101 wrote:
    But in the past year Smackdown has gotten back on track, plenty of new talent in MVP, Kennedy, Jimmy Wang Yang and THE MIZ. It also has the best commentry team which adds a lot to the matches

Hold the f*ck up a second there mate, you're giving out about Cena, but you wanna see more of Mike Mizannan?

I'm no Cena advocate by any means, but The Miz? Are you f*cking serious? He's utter bollox in the ring and wears off very quickly. Smackdown has improved, yes, back on track? Not a hope with Batista back in the main event picture, Booker T is out with injury, And Hasbeentaker is champion now. SD looks pretty bleak to me at the minute. Shame really cos theres some real talent on that roster thats just floundering around the midcard, including Helms, who in my opinion is TOO BLOODY BIG to be a cruiserweight now!!

VR!

• Advertisement

Hasbeentaker is champion now. SD looks pretty bleak to me at the minute.

That is the biggest pile of sh*te I have ever read on boards.ie! I'm all in favor of the young guys getting a chance to shine, but calling the Undertaker a has been, when he is not only the fans choice for champion, but also in the best shape of his career. It's complete and utter f*cking bullsh*t!

Also, don't even think of trying the 'he's holding back the new guys' line because there is no one wrestler who has been willing to put over young talent and do whats right for the business like the Undertaker. He is the champ right now for one simple reason, he deserves and has earned it!

Not that i ever said Undertaker is holding back anyone now, but taker has held guys back in the past before, theres no secret about that. And it's nothing to do with earning it and deserving it. Quite frankly theres nobody else to put the belt on.

Sorry, but putting the belt on someone who only wants to work 2 days a month is something i have a hard time living with. I don't give a rats ass how long he's with the company, this isn't 1987 and he's not Hulk Hogan! :P

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Sorry, but putting the belt on someone who only wants to work 2 days a month

VR!

How many days has he worked this month? More than 2 maybe? I think he'll work more than 2 the month after as well. And the month after that. He's working a full schedule with the belt.

I'm not 'takers biggest fan or anything but he's so over right now and is really working hard. I don't think anyone on the Smackdown brand is a better option and he deserves a long run with the belt.

Not that i ever said Undertaker is holding back anyone now, but taker has held guys back in the past before, theres no secret about that. And it's nothing to do with earning it and deserving it. Quite frankly theres nobody else to put the belt on.
    VR!

I assumed the reason they put the belt on Taker is with Kane's apparent imminent retirement, one last feud between them for the title before he goes.
    As for who they could put the belt on, I kind of agree cos Smackdown aren't that great at pushing talent, but Benoit, Matt Hardy, Kane,The Hurricane ,Kennedy and Regal are all realistic options, and with rey and Booker out injured it's kind of understandable.

Everyone knows that Raw has more talent cos it's the flagship programme, but as for has been champions, Micheals can barely lift his leg for sweet chin music these days and it looks like he'll win at Backlash, and although everyone loves him, Flair is years past his sell by date

Minto wrote:
    I want to scrap the ECW World title because it has f*ck all prestige. At least the Hardcore title would entertain us and it would mean we get to see some hardcore action, which is what most of the ECW die hards out there want to see. Personally, I could take it or leave it.
    I was under the impression that the lack of 'ECW rules' matches was due to concerns from the network. If that is the case, there wouldn't be any more hardcore matches than there are 'ECW rules' matches.

And I don't know how you can say the ECW title has no prestige. It was the main title of the ECW promotion, for christ's sake. Those guys nearly killed themselves trying to win it.
    Also, when did the hardcore title ever have prestige? It was a complete and utter joke and that was it's appeal to the fans. It was entertaining and unpredictable, but it never, ever had prestige.
    I would disagree. There were moments (Rhyno versus Raven springs to mind) when it was obvious that guys were willing to leave it all in the ring to win the Hardcore title. In my eyes, what makes a title prestigous is the calibre of the marches and the drive of the wrestlers that are based around that title. Guys like Steve Blackman and Rob Van Dam wrestled like it meant something.

Bubs101 wrote:
    Micheals can barely lift his leg for sweet chin music these days and it looks like he'll win at Backlash, and although everyone loves him, Flair is years past his sell by date

Both of which have more talent in their small toe than Cena has overall!
    Seriously, Flair at his age can still pull off miracles, it's not even two years ago when he had an amazing match with HHH that blew everything else in 2005 right out of the water (and i'm not even a big fan of Flair from 95 onwards, altho predating that his stuff is gold!), and Michaels at his age is still a damn sight more talented than most of the RAW roster (Cena, Carlito, Cade, Murdoch and Randy "resthold for 2/3 of the match" Orton!)

VR!

• Advertisement

Expect to see some changes this year. The brand split is rubbish and there are too many titles at the moment . The problem is if they scrap a title, they would scrap the history of that title too. They should only have one tag team title. 1 world title and then US and IC titles. Even at that its too many . Cruiserweight ?? well im not a fan of the WWE cruiserweights and its not their fault. WWE doesnt know what to do with anybody under 6 foot. But the WWe is diluted with too many championships and they dont mean anything anymore.

validreasoning!, you meant to quote Bubs101, not me.

Anyone that says Michaels' talent for tuning up the band has wained in recent times can be easily silenced by referring to his mid-air Sweet Chin Music delivered to Shane McMahon to intercept the Coast to Coast dropkick. It was absolutely spot on, catching Shane right on the chin.

They should just freshen it up with a draft lottery. The rosters have gotten stale.

b.ie polar wrote:
    validreasoning!, you meant to quote Bubs101, not me.

Fixed, my apologies.
    VR!

Advertisement